lady gaga

junkiejoethehobo

I got her new album at the BX today, and i cant stop fucking listening to it. so fucking great. the ame was great and i was kinda thinking she could't keep the same level. but she did. and im happy for her. i usally hate female singers. besides YYY. but i love this girl's songs.

i was wrong about fregie years back. but i hope there are more great things to come from lady gaga.

so pick up the fame monster if you can. the only way you wont like it is if you were retarded.

Edited by junkiejoethehobo

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted_19765

I know its quite a few singles back, but I've been listening to "Just Dance" like crazy for the past few days. I've heard comparisons to Madonna or Gwen Stefani but I have to say there is something very Kate Bush about her vision. A lot of you will probably disagree, but I'm going there. Like Kate, she is very original and sees her art as something bigger than just music. She writes songs with the outfits she will wear to them in mind, how fucking crazy/awesome is that? Her lyrics are very smart as well.

Gaga's the best thing that's happened to music in a while, mainly because she's authentic.. a rarity in todays producer overrided music.

Her artistry is especially confirmed in The Fame/The Fame Monster. Those songs, though pop and all, have substance.

I'd even dare to say she's in the realm of Prince (almost) and David Bowie. She's artisically miles beyond Madonna.

i agree with the Prince and David Bowie statement.

I really hate most female singers. because they are the opposite of lady gaga. I hope she stays around as long as she can. i think she will.

the onlt female singer i like more is karen O from the yeah yeah yeahs. I think lady gaga still has light years to reach something like Fever to Tell however

Gaga's the best thing that's happened to music in a while, mainly because she's authentic.. a rarity in todays producer overrided music.

Her artistry is especially confirmed in The Fame/The Fame Monster. Those songs, though pop and all, have substance.

I'd even dare to say she's in the realm of Prince (almost) and David Bowie. She's artisically miles beyond Madonna.

Agreed. I saw an early video of her before she got huge, and she is actually quite talented. She deserves all recognition she's been getting. It's nice to see hype surrounding someone with actual talent for a change.

Edited by sofine11

I know its quite a few singles back, but I've been listening to "Just Dance" like crazy for the past few days. I've heard comparisons to Madonna or Gwen Stefani but I have to say there is something very Kate Bush about her vision. A lot of you will probably disagree, but I'm going there. Like Kate, she is very original and sees her art as something bigger than just music. She writes songs with the outfits she will wear to them in mind, how fucking crazy/awesome is that? Her lyrics are very smart as well.

Just Dance is still my favourite of hers, there's just something about it that screams "good times." I think her true talent has been winning over people who would normally hate her, just by being totally different. She's not a Britney, or Christina, or even Madonna... she's something different entirely and i think it's great that we still have a mainstream artist outside of rock, or electro, someone who is essentally doing pop music and doing it well in the way that Prince and Bowie did in the past.

Her lyrics are clever as well.

no fucking way.

the parallels, though not to every extent, are there

& i have a feeling she has no problem in the reinventing department

she simply doesn't have the tunes man. you think you'll be listeting to Poker Face in 49 years and on?

No, she doesn't rival Prince or Bowie. That's ridiculous.

A few catchy hooks here and there. Surprised? No. That's what pop stars do. I'm sorry, but like someone else said, you won't be listening to her songs in 20 years, unless you're muttering the sentence, "Yeah, I liked her once when she was popular."

no fucking way.

the parallels, though not to every extent, are there

& i have a feeling she has no problem in the reinventing department

she simply doesn't have the tunes man. you think you'll be listeting to Poker Face in 49 years and on?

quite possibly her acoustic version

thats such a retarded thing to say, "you won't be listening to her in 20, 30, 40 years".

for starters , its not 20, 30, or 40 years later, its now.so who cares about what people think down the road.

shit, going to high school, you know how many people said fuck GNR, no one listens to them anymore.

if it weren't for their greatest hits, or them being on rock band or g hero, more then likly they would still be saying that. most anyway.