2009-10' GNR New Pics,Vids,Audioo updated*

Frozen Inferno

That'd mean no Madagascar, Riad or Catcher. I'd be pretty happy with that setlist. If it's in any way true. I'd be disappointed at the lack of any "new" UYI songs, meaning ones they didn't play in the last few tours.

Will G N' R play the same setlist show after show? I don't think so.

Because they didn't the past tours?

4 solospots is a serious overkill in my opinion. It was though to watch the crowd falling asleep when they did it at festivals.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Too much CD. Too little AFD and UYI.

your an idiot. they SHOULD be playing every song from chinese, thats the record they're promoting on this tour now that the material is out.

your probably never even graduated high school did you?

As I said, it haven't been a problem in the past to have a CD tour with just two or three CD songs.

And no, I haven't graduated high school, since we don't have that in Sweden.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I'd be shocked if they didn't use Jungle as the opener. Best opener ever. I mean, hearing Finck Ashba play that song in 06 live, just teasing the opening notes over and over again, and then when it finally breaks through, GOD DAMN! One of my top five concert experiences ever, Jungle was. Plus more people know Jungle than CD, so I'm calling shennanigans. But we shall see!!!

That setlist looks fucking outstanding!!! There was a time AND This I love? No fucking way! If they really do it I must buy a plane ticket to Canada!!! 23 full songs and lots of CD songs, that seems unbelievable to me but I really hope so! :xmasssanta:

Edit: Chinese Democracy is a PERFECT opener, with Axl's scream very similar to WTTJ live from 2006. IMO they should use WTTJ for opening the encore and close the show with Paradise City.

Edited by D..

The light gives it all a special mood, soft and romantic, yet edgy because of the funky colours. Just like the two sides of GNR music have always been: tender and rough. So I guess we got completely new lighting design here (as far as I remember the last shows):

Also, CD is the PERFECT opener. It has to be CD, slowly leading into it, building it up. Jungle has been done way too often as an opener by now, time for a change.

Too much CD. Too little AFD and UYI.

No way!

Too much AFD. Too little UYI. Just enough CD.

Aaaand it begins. :rolleyes:

Why don't we wait until we have a REAL setlist before we start our bitching, okay?

No bitching, man. No bitching at all.

That setlist looks fucking outstanding!!! There was a time AND This I love? No fucking way! If they really do it I must buy a plane ticket to Canada!!! 23 full songs and lots of CD songs, that seems unbelievable to me but I really hope so! :xmasssanta:

Edit: Chinese Democracy is a PERFECT opener, with Axl's scream very similar to WTTJ live from 2006. IMO they should use WTTJ for opening the encore and close the show with Paradise City.

+1 with the encore idea. Still gives you the feeling it's an "opener" song. But I also agree that CD should be the actual show opener!

posted at htgth, the guy only has like 30 posts.. so take with grain of salt..

_______________________________________________________________________________________

from local newsgroup,

some one claimed to be stage staff

has posted following setlist after today's stage staff rehearsal

will be examined in 2 days....

the way i see it?

it's highly possible....

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Scraped

3. Welcome To The Jungle

4. It's So Easy

5. Mr. Brownstone

6. There Was A Time

~ Richard Fotus solo ~

7. Live And Let Die

8. Sorry

9. If The World/Prostitute

10. Rocket Queen/My Michelle

~ Dizzy Fuckin' Reed solo ~

11. Street Of Dreams

12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

13. You Could Be Mine

14. I.R.S.

~ DJ Ashba solo ~

15. Sweet Child O'Mine

16. This I Love

17. November Rain

~ Bemblefoot solo ~

18. Shackeler's Revenge

19. Outta Get Me

20. Nightrain

Encores:

1. Better

2. Patience

3. Paradise City

if its real then hurray, sorry is on.

I'm guessing that stuff like Used to Love Her, Down on the Farm, Madagascar, Nice Boys, etc. might pop up as alternates at some point. I highly doubt there'd only be two alternates.

Madagascar is my all-time favorite live track from this band but they've played it on two tours... Way I see it, there's six songs in that setlist I haven't seen live before, plus most of the classics. That works fine for me. I do wish they'd drop a couple solos and let Tommy sing a song. He'd be awesome doing some punk cover! ;) Like... do two solo's a night, and one song with Tommy doing vocals.

I'd love to see Ain't It Fun, Don't Cry (played that one time in Japan in 07), Estranged, Yesterdays, or Civil War at least as alternates. I could do without Live and Let Die for one of those.

I like it!

I just wish for 2 more UYI songs.

:xmassrudolph:

the setlist looks great if it's legit. But I do recall BBF(i think it was him) in an interview saying that the band had to convince Axl to put This I Love on CD as it was too emotional for him, so I would be super surprised/happy if it was on the set.

Actually, it was Axl himself in the chats who said it.