Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Axl always cared. He won't let us direct his artistic career of course and choose anything for him, but of course he cares about us. If he didn't he wasn't putting up such a grade A performance with the band like he did. The negativity does put him down and that's why some people gotta stop it from now on. If we stop bitching so much and start being just fans, like we're being in the last two days, maybe he'll get closer to us.

Don't you just love this guy? I truly think he does give a fuck about what the fans think of him, and that he makes the world out of stuff we say on these boards.

Could it be the tide has finally turned for Axl Rose and GNR, and the world is ready to embrace our one & only true R&R icon once again????

You go and tear it up in Korea Mr. Rose, and while you're at it, you can do The Netherlands as well!!!!

no tide has turned, nothing has changed besides the 'on tour' status. this is how it usually goes:

axl is on tour / in communication and people are ' yay axl! he cares! hes great!'

then in between those stages, he becomes some sort of villain, like its an evil ploy of secrecy. just a few months ago people were talking as if axl would never been seen or heard from again. its ridiculous. and at those times this news section is on life support and we have to deal with bba claiming no body cares and new guns is dead.

didnt look that way yesterday.

i dont think the down times are indicative of public interest / axls feelings towards us.

# "Went for a pint earlier. The barmaid made a complete arse of pouring it resulting in the pint having no head. I went mental & caused a riot in the pub. Fun times." 2 hours ago from Tweetie

um yeah thats not funny and this isnt open mic night. if you want to make up fake tweets you should probably make a thread for it. then i can avoid it.

Axl always cared. He won't let us direct his artistic career of course and choose anything for him, but of course he cares about us. If he didn't he wasn't putting up such a grade A performance with the band like he did. The negativity does put him down and that's why some people gotta stop it from now on. If we stop bitching so much and start being just fans, like we're being in the last two days, maybe he'll get closer to us.

Exactly my thoughts.

Twitter is still gay

In principle, I agree it is. Twitter is part of the globalization of celebrity culture, and it promotes the growing mania around texting and conversation distilled to a mere sentence.

But this is an indication that Axl intends to end his reign of incommunicado. Even a sentence or two of his laconic humor is enough to placate the fanbase; let them know he's still breathing.

I don't see why Axl updating his Twitter is so surprising. It's something he can easily do while laying in bed and eating cheetos. No effort required.

It's just the fact that he's actually doing it. We just got the first pictures of the guy for the first time in almost three years, so yeah, him actually using twitter is pretty crazy.

I don't see why Axl updating his Twitter is so surprising. It's something he can easily do while laying in bed and eating cheetos. No effort required.

It's just the fact that he's actually doing it. We just got the first pictures of the guy for the first time in almost three years, so yeah, him actually using twitter is pretty crazy.

yeah, we really haven't heard much from him the last like, what? 15 years? and now he has been silent for 9 months and all the sudden he is on twitter.

it came as quite a shock to everyone here.

Guest RonMexico82

What a way to kick things off!! What an amazing time!! Thank U Taipei!! Thank U Taiwan!! Thanks 2 everyone 4 all the incredible support n' positive comments!! "Talkin' About"...Tommy Fuckin' Stinson!! The best December Rain ever!! Hope 2 see U again!! Wanna tear it up in Korea!!

He just updated again B)

What a way to kick things off!! What an amazing time!! Thank U Taipei!! Thank U Taiwan!! Thanks 2 everyone 4 all the incredible support n' positive comments!! "Talkin' About"...Tommy Fuckin' Stinson!! The best December Rain ever!! Hope 2 see U again!! Wanna tear it up in Korea!!

He just updated again B)

thats 2 hours old

For someone that's Familiar with Twitter once I click follow, do they have to add me like on myspace? I clicked follow but not showing up.

twitter has nothing to do with myspace, so probably no. it should not happen anything when you click follow. you only get tweets from them shown at your page

Twitter is only gay when "non-celebs" use it.

Twitter is a nice thing for celebrities to keep up with their fan base on a daily or weekly basis.

I think it'd incredibly dumb when "regular" people use it though.

Its just like a status update on facebook, not that dumb.

For someone that's Familiar with Twitter once I click follow, do they have to add me like on myspace? I clicked follow but not showing up.

twitter has nothing to do with myspace, so probably no. it should not happen anything when you click follow. you only get tweets from them shown at your page

I was just comparing it to myspace. So I guess the question shouldve been when you click on follow on someones Twitter page do you instantly start following gem ordo they have to accept you?

I was just comparing it to myspace. So I guess the question shouldve been when you click on follow on someones Twitter page do you instantly start following gem ordo they have to accept you?

oh, i'm sorry. i missed that >.<

no, they don't have to add you. once you click follow, you follow them

No. All you have to do is follow them and return to your home page and you'll see their updates. They can block you, but they don't need to approve you.