Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Is this Alberto guy the promoter for the whole tour, or just a few dates? If (a big if--as I have no idea) its the whole tour, one has to wonder if this tour will happen? If it's just a few dates, then no big deal. Here's is Axl's twitter:

http://twitter.com/axlrose

Nope, not the whole tour. He definitely is not the promoter in Brazil. Think he's only in Peru

He types like a 16 year old.

Why are you always bashing Axl?

That's not bashing, that's stating the obvious

no but like, judging by a lot of Mr. Glass' previous posts, it probably wouldn't be an unsafe bet to say that he saw an easy opportunity to say something negative about Axl and took it. I just don't understand some people's motives sometimes when it comes to being on a fan forum and saying unnecessary shit about the reason the forum exists at all. Ok, "he types like a 16 year old." First, it's Twitter, and shortspeak/typing is certainly not a new thing on that site, or many other sites, really. Secondly, he's not the only person past the age of 16 who types like that. TYPING. BIG EFFING DEAL. WHYYYYYY do some feel it's so necessary to take cheap shots like this? Going back to what I said about motives... I swear to Christ some people think "If I keep saying negative stuff about Axl, it'll bring us closer to a reunion... he'll realize there's more of us that don't like the new band than like it, and he'll eventually cave and call the old guys!" Just a guess, but again, something tells me I'm not too far off the mark.

I just... I don't know. What in the hell reason is there to say little, dumb crap like "He types like a 16 year old." Yeah, cool. He also writes songs like November Rain, Catcher, This I Love, etc. AGH.

From the MyGNR forum chats last year where Axl personally answered questions and spoke with members of the community, it is plainly obvious that he has full grammatical faculty and has the ability to type.

Twitter, however, is essentially text messaging and Mr. Rose updates from his phone. Many people type that way via text as most phones do not include full QWERTY keyboards, and that is without considering Twitter's character limit.

From the MyGNR forum chats last year where Axl personally answered questions and spoke with members of the community, it is plainly obvious that he has full grammatical faculty and has the ability to type.

Twitter, however, is essentially text messaging and Mr. Rose updates from his phone. Many people type that way via text as most phones do not include full QWERTY keyboards, and that is without considering Twitter's character limit.

Lots and lots of people I follow on Twitter type the way they would in a text. It's very common. As you said, his posts last year show that he can write in complete sentences with proper grammar. Some people just look for any and every opportunity to take a potshot :shrugs:

Ali

• 2 weeks later...

From Axl:

On Wednesday 13th January 2010, @axlrose said:

Yo Vancouver!! D'oh!! Bkstage in Winnipeg, Danko's on, 26F HEATWAVE!! Excited 2 get this rolling. In r off time we'll b helping Mounties flush out Al Qaeda. (What's that aboot, Eh? jk) Good 2 see Baz! LET'S DO THIS!!!