Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Did you say that Tommy almost quit the band this year? That didn't happen as far as I know. Is there some news I haven't heard of yet? Also, Axl is not bipolar, hence he won't have any attack.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=15243

"Stinson was heard to shout" says who? The journalist's ass? And even if he said that... who said he almost left the band? No-fucking-one. This is a fucking gossip and no one should ever consider this as the fucking truth.

"Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage at the beginning of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout: "That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.

"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.

"This has to stop.""

If the journalist had written a positive article you would probably believe it. But since it scares you - you've decided it's fabricated. facepalm.gif

Whatever.

Are you that naive or are you doing it for fun? There's a difference. WHO SAID HE'D LEAVE THE BAND? They obviously made up that story, they're trying to sell. Use your brain, dude. Use your brain.

hmmm, wonder why Axl isn't taking legal action for this slander :rolleyes:

hmmm, wonder why Axl isn't taking legal action for this slander :rolleyes:

Considering that what you are referring to is published, and not oral, you would mean libel, NOT slander.

Cute try anyways.

kbye xoxoxo

:xmasssanta:

Edited by ohmygod

Yeah, that's the official Billy Corgan Facebook. (The Smashing Pumpkins Facebook account has verified him before etc.)

Also he mentions Guns in a recent interview (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/dec/09/billy-corgan-complete-q/):

"Q: Shakti, John McLaughlin’s all-acoustic Indian classical-music-meets-jazz group, once opened a show on Long Island for Black Sabbath back in the mid-1970s. It went so bad that McLaughlin reportedly fired his booking agent the next day. Did the Pumpkins ever have any unlikely opening slots early on in the band's career?

A: We generally did pretty good. The most memorable one was opening for Guns N’ Roses in ‘92 -- and we were all big fans. But their fan base wasn’t happening (for us). We got booed for 45 minutes straight.

It (inspired) one of my favorite lines I’ve ever said on stage. It was in Oklahoma City and (the audience reaction) was one nonstop boo, and it would get worse after each song ended. After about 30 minutes, I managed to shush the crowd down a little and I said: “I realize why you’re all so angry, and you could hear the boos go down because they stopped to hear what I was saying. Then I said: “I realize you’re all so angry because you’re living on stolen Indian land.” That didn’t go over too well."

Ha! Ha! Awesome and ballsy speech from Billy. I'd love to see it... I'll try youtube... If someone has a video of that...

Edited by axleu

On Monday 20th December 2010, @Tophatblues0 said:

(In reply to tommy_stinson)

@tommy_stinson do you think the uk wants axls bitches here?when you are real gnr and not the diluted version you can moan ! Fuck off back to America you cunts! Your paychecks in the post ! Hurry up and leave so we can have the real band back you fuckin jobs worth and if you do come back I gotta big bottle of piss waiting ! Stop rippin off others music n find your own cunt !

----

@tommy_stinson come stay at mine n I'll slit your fuckin throat phoney

12:27 PM Dec 20th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to tommy_stinson

@tommy_stinson do you think the uk wants axls bitches here?when you are real gnr and not the diluted version you can moan ! Fuck off back to America you cunts! Your paychecks in the post ! Hurry up and leave so we can have the real band back you fuckin jobs worth and if you do come back I gotta big bottle of piss waiting ! Stop rippin off others music n find your own cunt !

----

Tommy's a great guy :thumbsup: and been around a long time rocking in Guns rock3

Some of those tweets are pretty disrespectful but obviously it's coming from some dickhead redneck old band fan

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

----

The fuck?

----

That's just petty and childish. Threatening to kill people that insult you doesn't make you a punk rocker. It just makes you a punk.

----

Fuck.......what a twat. (The "fan"...not tommy)

The guy who posted that posts on the "other forum" so feel free to go and hate on account of him clearly being a cunt. Look for 'estrangedrebel'. I'm assuming if he is willing to spew bile on the internet he wont mind some coming back at him.

On a side note, I had no idea the guys were in England, clearly they found something they like :xmasssanta:

And yeah, our inability to deal with snow is a complete joke. Joke government, joke weather, it's almost poetic.

Edited by plonker88

gunsnroses

Thank you @gnrportugal for this little piece

very touching and much appreciated!

about 4 hours ago via web in reply to gnrportugal

:xmasssanta:

hehe we did it ;)

THANK U GN'R FOR EVERYTHING. I hope you all enjoy that video cs we sure had a LOT of fun making it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone :xmasssanta:

From Facebook:

Happy holidays!

von Guns N' Roses, Mittwoch, 22. Dezember 2010 um 13:44

I'd like to thank all our fans for coming out to the shows over the last year all over the world!! Was great to see you n' to be able to perform for you!!

I'd like to thank our fans on the web, the fan sites, n' all our fans on Twitter, Facebook n' Myspace.

I'd like to thank the band, their families, The Sebastian Bach Band, Danko Jones, Murder Dolls, Korn, Imperial State Electric, Julianna Down, Gum X, Mucc, their crews, the TPB's, Duff, our crew, production, staging, lights, sound, pyro, video, management, our business n' legal team, my family n' friends, the promoter's, agents, catering, security, the shot girlz, drivers, our travel agents n' the staffs at our hotels, trucking, airlines, flight crews, airport security, bus n' transportation companies, everyone who chose to say or write a nice word about us, the venues n' their staffs n' security, the countries, cities n' Customs all over the world, club owners, their staffs, club promoters, sponsors n' all of our friends around the globe who helped make things happen!!

I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas n' Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah n' a great Holiday Season to everyone!!

And from everyone with Guns N' Roses:

All the best to you n' your's!!

Peace n' Love,

Axl

From Facebook:

Happy holidays!

I'd like to thank all our fans for coming out to the shows over the last year all over the world!! Was great to see you n' to be able to perform for you!!

I'd like to thank our fans on the web, the fan sites, n' all our fans on Twitter, Facebook n' Myspace.

I'd like to thank the band, their families, The Sebastian Bach Band, Danko Jones, Murder Dolls, Korn, Imperial State Electric, Julianna Down, Gum X, Mucc, their crews, the TPB's, Duff, our crew, production, staging, lights, sound, pyro, video, management, our business n' legal team, my family n' friends, the promoter's, agents, catering, security, the shot girlz, drivers, our travel agents n' the staffs at our hotels, trucking, airlines, flight crews, airport security, bus n' transportation companies, everyone who chose to say or write a nice word about us, the venues n' their staffs n' security, the countries, cities n' Customs all over the world, club owners, their staffs, club promoters, sponsors n' all of our friends around the globe who helped make things happen!!

I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas n' Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah n' a great Holiday Season to everyone!!

Peace n' Love,

Axl

That's nice!

----

Fuck.......what a twat. (The "fan"...not tommy)

@Tophatblues0

lol, typical slash fan boy, someone should tell him that slash wasn't in the original band

From Facebook:

Happy holidays!

Peace n' Love,

Axl

Very nice message from Axl. I consider myself very lucky to have seen GNR live in January. It was amazing. :)

• 2 weeks later...