Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Typically if it's Gn'R related, a tweet from a previous band-member can be discussed in this thread/section. Anything else should go in a different section.

In this case, Russ is right. Wfuckinga's post with that Slash tweet should not be in this thread.

Feel free to PM myself, or any other mod really, if you wish to pursue this issue.

Other than that, please drop it and carry on. :)

• Like 1

Typically if it's Gn'R related, a tweet from a previous band-member can be discussed in this thread/section. Anything else should go in a different section.

In this case, Russ is right. Wfuckinga's post with that Slash tweet should not be in this thread.

Feel free to PM myself, or any other mod really, if you wish to pursue this issue.

You should clean this thread a bit. It's awful to read stupid posts.

• Like 1

Slashs tweets are on the twitter feed on the forum, but they are not allowed to be discussed in the dedicated thread?

Why can't the feed, marry up with the thread to avoid confusion. What is GNR to someone is different to someone else.

Or maybe the twitter feed and who it follows should be revised????

Slashs tweets are on the twitter feed on the forum, but they are not allowed to be discussed in the dedicated thread?

Why can't the feed, marry up with the thread to avoid confusion. What is GNR to someone is different to someone else.

Or maybe the twitter feed and who it follows should be revised????

I see what you're saying, but let's not split hairs. It's obvious when a band member is talking about Gn'R. The main tweet in question (the Slash tweet) obviously had nothing to do with Gn'R and if it needs to be discussed it can be done so in the Slash section.

Not to sound like a dick, but the thread doesn't need cleaned up anymore. If you or anyone else has any more questions about it, feel free to PM one of us inquiring about it. Thanks. :)

....my wayward son....

• Like 1

I wonder who also sounds like a broken record :P

You know Axl has tweeted more than once about the same subject, no? I have commented everytime he has tweeted or I have replied to other people stating the awesomeness of the tweets.

A dumb tweet is dumb, my opinion is still on topic, while people derailing threads with personal attacks are not. ;)

• Like 1

You should clean this thread a bit. It's awful to read stupid posts.

Yeah i agree, especially with the posts that add no value and just say the exact same thing over and over again, eh ;)

Axl's dumb tweets are getting boring.

Dumb tweets

Axl's tweets are very dumb. The fact that you have Axl tweeting is cool, though.

Pretty dumb.

He tweeted more nonsense again? He sounds like a broken record.

I wonder who also sounds like a broken record :P

Excellent post. Bullseye.

• Like 1

Just spent my lunch break cleaning up this thread, and I see that I'm not the first mod to touch it today. If you want to discuss your personal stance on the giraffe incident we have a thread about it in AG, and if you want to duke it out with each other then do it in PMs - this thread is for twitter-related discussion.

Back on topic.

Has any of Axl's recent tweets mentioned GnR activity? News on an album, new songs to be played, more tour dates, the DVD release date, etc?

What do you think? Do you see any threads about a new album coming? If that tweet had been made this forum would be blowing up.
  • Like 1

Back on topic.

Has any of Axl's recent tweets mentioned GnR activity? News on an album, new songs to be played, more tour dates, the DVD release date, etc?

What do you think? Do you see any threads about a new album coming? If that tweet had been made this forum would be blowing up.

^^^ This

:lol: His tweets are all coded so if you unravel the code you will know when the new album is due, which songs they're playing and the tour dates.

Back on topic.

What you mean? Axl just told us the next three album tittles, new guitarist, perla added to team Brazil, that the only format the new albums will be on is cassette exclusively at hobby lobby, and that their planning to perform at Giraffe aid. Comon bro keep up :D

• Like 3

Back on topic.

True.

I follow a lot of bands and they all keep their fans pretty up-to-date on the band's future plans. They don't treat new songs, album plans, tour dates like they are top secret military secrets. With all the recent chatting about how awesome it is that Axl was communicating with his fans........I thought maybe he had released some band information. Sorry - I hadn't taken the time to read each and every topic.

Back on topic.

True.

I follow a lot of bands and they all keep their fans pretty up-to-date on the band's future plans. They don't treat new songs, album plans, tour dates like they are top secret military secrets. With all the recent chatting about how awesome it is that Axl was communicating with his fans........I thought maybe he had released some band information. Sorry - I hadn't taken the time to read each and every topic.

It's probably been announced weeks ago in a super-secret exclusive VIP chatroom on Nightrain ;)

Found it, it's a reference to a tweet from Flea re: the Superbowl (so they're *still* harping on about that...):

https://twitter.com/flea333/status/430535925550952449

Edited by Amir

Back on topic.

True.

I follow a lot of bands like that too. There are even some that have Q and A's with the fans on Twitter, its actually cool. I hope that tweet comes this year though

So, GN'R is making fun of Flea's 'no trickery' tweet? :lol:

I wonder what the beef is with the RHCP? Maybe they've had a run in somewhere that has gone unreported. I think they should knock it off now before they become like the one kid who always takes a joke too far. ;-)