Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

To me it seems that Axl had jumped to the same thoughts as everybody else about the giraffe. And how it was wrong. And then he done a little more research into it. And saw how both sides had good points. But that the zoo didn't really come across with their points,so that the public understood their views on it. And seems Axl doesn't agree with them allowing the public to view the actual kill and feeding of Marius to the lions.

My take on the whole situation. Would have been to sterilize Marius,sell him to one of the zoos offering to buy him. Use the money they would've gotten from the sale and funded the program further. Win win for everyone. Marius would have lived and still served an educational purpose at another zoo.

And the zoo that killed him. Still would have the free space for other giraffes that would be fit for the breeding program.

Although,I wish that Axl would quit being or trying to sound or come across,as so damn philosophical and just use plain damn English! LOL

Why sterilise Marius??? There was no need to, he could have been bred in a different zoo somewhere else in the country or the world. Animals are transferred to other zoos to stop interbreeding, this was no different. There was nothing wrong with him, they just couldn't breed him in that particular zoo as he was related to the other giraffes.

In recent days, British princes, Charles and William speak about against illegal ivory poaching. William says he is going to destroy all ivory doo daa in Buckingham Palace. Yet, they both hunt foxes and hunt abroad.

End of the day, ignore rich people and animal opinions. It means nothing

I thought it was pretty clear Axl was criticizing the zoo's decision. Surprised to see some people managed to interpret it as if he was agreeing with it.

I quite agree! I like and admire speaking out and taking a stand against injustices. The tweets garnered a lot of attention and drew the focus to the Giraffe's plight.

rock4eva I read somewhere that the zoo that had Marius was not wanting for him to be bred in other zoos. Due to they wanted that breed of giraffes within a controlled group. So in other words,they didn't want a different breed of giraffes mixing with whatever breed Marius was. They are trying to increase his breeds population.

And the way that I took all of this was ,the zoo that had him,didn't trust an outside zoo to not breed him. Even if another zoo said they wouldn't breed him. So instead they killed him.

• Like 1

rock4eva I read somewhere that the zoo that had Marius was not wanting for him to be bred in other zoos. Due to they wanted that breed of giraffes within a controlled group. So in other words,they didn't want a different breed of giraffes mixing with whatever breed Marius was. They are trying to increase his breeds population.

And the way that I took all of this was ,the zoo that had him,didn't trust an outside zoo to not breed him. Even if another zoo said they wouldn't breed him. So instead they killed him.

that doesnt make sense

that's like a couple killing they're own son or daughter cuz they dont have the money to feed him and they don't trust on outsiders to take care of him/her

Edited by kanudo19

that doesnt make sense

that's like a couple killing they're own son or daughter cuz they dont have the money to feed him and they don't trust on outsiders to take care of him/her

Thanks sweerose, it hasn't really been a big deal here so I only know what I've read online.

However they must have different groups of giraffes then to breed from, otherwise there would be no need to breed any more. Strange concept, won't they be overpopulated with giraffes if they don't send them to other zoos?

Are u guys expecting tweets and pics regarding the upcoming tour? Like: 'Getting ready for touring - gym, voice coach, rehearsal with the band today.' *pic*

As a matter of fact YES! That´s the kind of tweet I´d like to see. I run out of Patience with so much retarded idiotic moronic bullshit from the GN´R camp.

Lol what ?!?

Rags I'm guessing means news outlets. I'm guessing some of them weren't upbeat about the Vegas news, or declined to report it.

That was my guess. When I saw that tweet, I immediately went to the Rolling Stone and Spin sites to see if they'd reported the residency in a negative way. The Rolling Stone article was slightly negative, so I'm not sure if that's what they were mad about.

I want to see a selfie taken by axl laughing in front of a computer with a shitload of unreleased songs on screen.

and then i want to know more about axl's space era toilet.

The toilet of the video of that blonde chick that got invited to Axl's house for a party? haha

Lol what ?!?

Rags I'm guessing means news outlets. I'm guessing some of them weren't upbeat about the Vegas news, or declined to report it.

That was my guess. When I saw that tweet, I immediately went to the Rolling Stone and Spin sites to see if they'd reported the residency in a negative way. The Rolling Stone article was slightly negative, so I'm not sure if that's what they were mad about.

Rolling Stone is out to get Axl Rose!!! :lol:

I want to see a selfie taken by axl laughing in front of a computer with a shitload of unreleased songs on screen.

and then i want to know more about axl's space era toilet.

The toilet of the video of that blonde chick that got invited to Axl's house for a party? haha

Yeah i mean that's some hi-tech shit right there. Wonder what the buttons do ? does he press one of them and the toilet washes his ass with warmn water ? hmm