Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

From an interview I just did... "I'm very focused on my next Bumblefoot album, I've experienced a lot of pleasure and pain in the past few years, and my best songs are coming from it all. When I'm writing music or performing, emotions are always at the surface, good and bad, which I think can be hard on the people around me, including fans (especially if I'm anywhere near twitter, apologies for any occasional lashing out...!) But this is part of what it takes to give your all musically. It's not always rainbows and unicorns - it's as real as it gets. I hope people will be understanding of this, they're not going to get political bullshit with me, they get the better and the worse. If you want real music, it has to come from every part of you. I try my best not to drag people into my personal darkness, but sometimes you can't help it when it's the only place you're at. All we can do is keep trying to be stronger than the things that break us."

The bold and italicized part really stuck out to me. He's admitting that he's been through a lot and has a lot of ups and downs he's been going through and that he does lash out on twitter as a result.

He's not directly connecting this statement to the previous tweet, but it is possible, I suppose, that he made a point of highlighting this passage from the interview he just did because of that previous tweet.

Ali

Yeah, that's why I decided to share it.

• Like 1

From an interview I just did... "I'm very focused on my next Bumblefoot album, I've experienced a lot of pleasure and pain in the past few years, and my best songs are coming from it all. When I'm writing music or performing, emotions are always at the surface, good and bad, which I think can be hard on the people around me, including fans (especially if I'm anywhere near twitter, apologies for any occasional lashing out...!) But this is part of what it takes to give your all musically. It's not always rainbows and unicorns - it's as real as it gets. I hope people will be understanding of this, they're not going to get political bullshit with me, they get the better and the worse. If you want real music, it has to come from every part of you. I try my best not to drag people into my personal darkness, but sometimes you can't help it when it's the only place you're at. All we can do is keep trying to be stronger than the things that break us."

The bold and italicized part really stuck out to me. He's admitting that he's been through a lot and has a lot of ups and downs he's been going through and that he does lash out on twitter as a result.

He's not directly connecting this statement to the previous tweet, but it is possible, I suppose, that he made a point of highlighting this passage from the interview he just did because of that previous tweet.

Ali

Glad you did. I'm of the opinion that it may have been one of those situations where he was in a bad mood and just lashed out, like he's done in the past, but it may not ultimately result in anything or mean anything in the grand scheme of things. I suppose we'll see.

Ali

I have to agree with him, I like that he doesn't mess around - if he's in a shitty mood that's what we get! He's a musician not an actor, he doesn't have to play the character of happy go lucky just to please us or anybody else for that matter. The facts are he was seriously injured in that crash, he was in bad shape in mind and body and he is now somewhat back together but he has his ups and downs like all of us. Also, i'm sure he's not over the moon touring when there's nothing new for him to sink his teeth into, he really loves to perform and write interesting material, I'm sure he enjoys what he's doing now but the songs are probably quite stale at this point. If touring was a struggle on my body I would only want to do it if everybody was going to give there all and if there was a good reason to do it other than extra cash.

Ali

Glad you did. I'm of the opinion that it may have been one of those situations where he was in a bad mood and just lashed out, like he's done in the past, but it may not ultimately result in anything or mean anything in the grand scheme of things. I suppose we'll see.

Ali

One thing is to deal with Axl´s rants and his press releases. And another is to have to deal with BBF rants on twitter. He is always bitchin´and moaning saying a lot thing and saying a lot of innuendo at the same time. We have been dealing with this crap for years. I really wonder if he ever tried hard enough to fix whatever issues he has with the band. And then for whatever reason he couldn´t and he is frustrated. Or on the other hand if he is just being a drama queen/attention whore and nothing really serious is going on. In any case I´m running out of patience with this guy.

Ali

Ali

One thing is to deal with Axl´s rants and his press releases. And another is to have to deal with BBF rants on twitter. He is always bitchin´and moaning saying a lot thing and saying a lot of innuendo at the same time. We have been dealing with this crap for years. I really wonder if he ever tried hard enough to fix whatever issues he has with the band. And then for whatever reason he couldn´t and he is frustrated. Or on the other hand if he is just being a drama queen/attention whore and nothing really serious is going on. In any case I´m running out of patience with this guy.

None of us can know what was bothering him. It may have been issues with GN'R, it may have been personal issues, or a combination of both.

I think what's problematic is how he handles it. He even admits " I think can be hard on the people around me, including fans (especially if I'm anywhere near twitter, apologies for any occasional lashing out...!) ". It's up to him to decide if it's problematic enough for him to change how expresses himself. Or, at least, whether or not he does so publicly.

Ali

"My best songs are coming from it"..............that sort of hits the nail on the head on why some people are upset about the notion of this being a "real" band or not, in terms of Axl keeping the GnR name.

For a band to be successful and really survive on their own merit, shouldn't the band member's "best work" all be dedicated to the band they are in? Shouldn't BBF's best work be something that he and Axl and the rest of the band are going to work on? All these guys have side projects or other bands they give their creative talent and skills to. As long as GnR isn't their main priority......GnR will never be as successful as they should be. Being 75% devoted to GnR and 25% devoted to other bands is NOT the same as having a group of guys that are all 100% dedicated to GnR's success.

• Like 1

"My best songs are coming from it"..............that sort of hits the nail on the head on why some people are upset about the notion of this being a "real" band or not, in terms of Axl keeping the GnR name.

For a band to be successful and really survive on their own merit, shouldn't the band member's "best work" all be dedicated to the band they are in? Shouldn't BBF's best work be something that he and Axl and the rest of the band are going to work on? All these guys have side projects or other bands they give their creative talent and skills to. As long as GnR isn't their main priority......GnR will never be as successful as they should be. Being 75% devoted to GnR and 25% devoted to other bands is NOT the same as having a group of guys that are all 100% dedicated to GnR's success.

Agreed, each and every one of the guys in the band bar Dj is under utilized, Dj is over utilized :P

The guys wouldn't do half the extra touring an making records with others if Guns released records and wrote together. Bumbles new album wouldn't be the perfect guns album by any means but I guarantee you that there will be at least 1 or 2 songs that would have been great on a guns record with either Axl singing on his own or harmonizing with Bumble.

It's been said a million times on here, but having a band like this and using them for the bare minimum makes no sense, the only thing it does is drive the guys away and make it a job to pay the bills. The way it's going I can a new line-up in the near future, because somethings gotta give. Either a new album or a new line-up... one's more likely than the other, you guess!

If giving GNR his best songs meant the songs would be released with GNR, I'm sure he'd do just that. But the fact that we're still waiting on an album of material 100% written and mostly recorded before Bumble joined, and the fact that even THAT has little to no hope of ever seeing the light of day, certainly excuses his using those songs for his solo work. Give him a reason to put them into GNR and he'll do it.

So you've somehow managed to come to the conclusion that it's the band's fault that Axl is too lazy to do anything? My best work would go towards something that I had the freedom to release as well. Would you sit around doing nothing in hopes that Axl might sometime get off his ass to do something despite his previous record? Especially considering how often you like to point out that Axl has released 1 record in 20 years?

So you've somehow managed to come to the conclusion that it's the band's fault that Axl is too lazy to do anything? My best work would go towards something that I had the freedom to release as well. Would you sit around doing nothing in hopes that Axl might sometime get off his ass to do something despite his previous record? Especially considering how often you like to point out that Axl has released 1 record in 20 years?

You misinterpreted what I posted.

The fault lies at the foot of Axl and Beta.

I don't blame the band at all.

Imagine you owned a bakery. And you found out your chef had created an amazing chocolate cake and a gourmet line of breads........but instead of selling them at your bakery, he was selling them out of his house. Most owners would be pissed that the guy they were PAYING to run his bakery wasn't creating/selling those gourmet items in his bakery.

But if the bakery is only open one day a month, you can't blame the chef for trying to make some money.

Or, how good would the classic line-up have been if Izzy kept his 4-5 best songs for his own solo albums........Slash kept is riffs for SCOM and PC for his own solo albums..........Axl kept Nov Rain and Estranged for his solo albums? The reason the classic line-up is one of the best rock bands of all time was because they were five guys putting forth 100% energy and effort into Guns n Roses. We simply don't have that situation now. And I don't blame anybody in the band except for Axl and his leaches.

As long as these seven hired guns are allowed to work on solo careers and other projects, Guns N Roses won't get the "best" that this group has to offer. This band will never put out the "best" Guns n Roses album they are capable of. It will always be an Axl Rose album under the GnR name.

• Like 1

Imagine you owned a bakery. And you found out your chef had created an amazing chocolate cake and a gourmet line of breads........but instead of selling them at your bakery, he was selling them out of his house. Most owners would be pissed that the guy they were PAYING to run his bakery wasn't creating/selling those gourmet items in his bakery.

But if the bakery is only open one day a month, you can't blame the chef for trying to make some money.

Or, how good would the classic line-up have been if Izzy kept his 4-5 best songs for his own solo albums........Slash kept is riffs for SCOM and PC for his own solo albums..........Axl kept Nov Rain and Estranged for his solo albums? The reason the classic line-up is one of the best rock bands of all time was because they were five guys putting forth 100% energy and effort into Guns n Roses. We simply don't have that situation now. And I don't blame anybody in the band except for Axl and his leaches.

As long as these seven hired guns are allowed to work on solo careers and other projects, Guns N Roses won't get the "best" that this group has to offer. This band will never put out the "best" Guns n Roses album they are capable of. It will always be an Axl Rose album under the GnR name.

It's more along the lines of the bakery owner saying "Your chocolate cake is amazing, but our menu is full. You're free to sell that on your own if you wish". These guys have made it more than apparent that they want to do something, but for whatever reason Axl isn't moving forward with anything. Maybe it's the label, or maybe it is Axl's laziness. Whatever it is, the band have no say in it.
  • Like 2

It's more along the lines of the bakery owner saying "Your chocolate cake is amazing, but our menu is full. You're free to sell that on your own if you wish". These guys have made it more than apparent that they want to do something, but for whatever reason Axl isn't moving forward with anything. Maybe it's the label, or maybe it is Axl's laziness. Whatever it is, the band have no say in it.

True!

And at the end of the day, I don't blame the band members at all.

Whether it is Axl, Beta, the label - whomever. I wish that person trusted the current band enough to let them write, record and release an album together.

I know they'll never be as successful and popular as the old line-ups. And I enjoy hearing the hits on tour. But I really think this group could put together an outstanding rock album, and that millions of fans would enjoy it. Somebody just needs to give them a chance.

• Like 2

And now this:

https://twitter.com/bumblefoot/status/452223715573776384

I don't understand why writing songs would make him feel that way? Something's amiss here. I wish he would elaborate.

He said the other day when he writes and/ or performs, his emotions come to the surface. So, it may be just that the writing is exposing these feelings, rather making him feel that way.

Ali

Edited by Ali