Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

He co-wrote that song with Nikki Sixx and another guy and it went to number 2 on the "rock" chart and didn't break the top 20 on the regular charts.

Which is nothing to sneeze at, it's impressive for anybody to do that! But a top ranking song on one of the "side" charts (country, mainstream rock, etc) isn't as prestigious as having the top selling song in the country.

Not many guitar virtuosos like Ron or Bucket though :P

Sadly I heard that Ben didn't take his guitar playing ahead (or should I say further?) due to conflicts with his job or something like that. He is great...

Neither has BBF for that matter.

Edited by jbhutto

Not many guitar virtuosos like Ron or Bucket though :P

Sadly I heard that Ben didn't take his guitar playing ahead (or should I say further?) due to conflicts with his job or something like that. He is great...

Neither has BBF for that matter.

You clearly didn't understand what I meant, I guess? Ben is not a professional musician, unlike Ron. Or Bucket. Or DJ (sic).

ASHBA SWAG SLUMBER PARTY WEEKEND @ ROCK ON THE RANGE IN COLUMBUS OHIO - May 16-18th at The ASHBA Swag Tent!! YES....YOU ARE ALL INVITED! Guns N' Roses Live @ Rock On The Range May 16th! I will be hanging out at the ASHBA Swag Tent so come by and hang!!! This will be the first time that I have ever had ASHBA Swag available at a concert! So it's the perfect reason to get F'N Hammered!

#CantwaitToMeetYouAll #Excited #Prizes #Giveaways #Signings #AndAShitTonOfAlcohol #Monster #Jager #ShitFest

Dj ASHBA

ASHBA SWAG SLUMBER PARTY WEEKEND @ ROCK ON THE RANGE IN COLUMBUS OHIO - May 16-18th at The ASHBA Swag Tent!! YES....YOU ARE ALL INVITED! Guns N' Roses Live @ Rock On The Range May 16th! I will be hanging out at the ASHBA Swag Tent so come by and hang!!! This will be the first time that I have ever had ASHBA Swag available at a concert! So it's the perfect reason to get F'N Hammered!

#CantwaitToMeetYouAll #Excited #Prizes #Giveaways #Signings #AndAShitTonOfAlcohol #Monster #Jager #ShitFest

is this real life? O.o

• Like 1

I wonder if GnR get a cut of the ashbaswag sales? He is there performing as Guns yet if his army of fans (I might be over egging this point mind) spend their dosh on swag and not merch...not good business for TB. I think terms must have been negotiated, unless the swag tent will double up as merch tent.

This could be the start of something. I predict in fifteen years time Axl will have long retired and DJ will be the manager of GnR, touring with a revolving door of 20 year old musicians.

I'm only half joking about this. I listened to an interesting piece on the radio over the weekend about The Drifters and other sixties bands. Basically this is what a lot of them do, in the case of The Drifters the surviving family members of the founders audition and hire people who they feel fit the ethos then they tour venues under the brand name. The performers sign a clause that if they leave the band they are not allowed to promote themselves as a Drifter. Fascinating stuff.

I wonder if GnR get a cut of the ashbaswag sales? He is there performing as Guns yet if his army of fans (I might be over egging this point mind) spend their dosh on swag and not merch...not good business for TB. I think terms must have been negotiated, unless the swag tent will double up as merch tent.

This could be the start of something. I predict in fifteen years time Axl will have long retired and DJ will be the manager of GnR, touring with a revolving door of 20 year old musicians.

I'm only half joking about this. I listened to an interesting piece on the radio over the weekend about The Drifters and other sixties bands. Basically this is what a lot of them do, in the case of The Drifters the surviving family members of the founders audition and hire people who they feel fit the ethos then they tour venues under the brand name. The performers sign a clause that if they leave the band they are not allowed to promote themselves as a Drifter. Fascinating stuff.

ROTR has a bunch of different vendors outside the stadium selling all sorts of merch - Ashbaswag will just be another one of those. Really don't think it'll affect actual band/event merch sales at all. If there was some sort of deal with TB re: Ashbaswag, we'd be seeing it at Guns' solo shows as well most likely.

Dj ASHBA

is this real life? O.o

Kind of sad that this is what GnR has turned into.

Excuse my French, but I hate this C*nt.

Can't quite believe this guy is the lead guitarist in my favourite band :facepalm:

• Like 1

Dj ASHBA

Excuse my French, but I hate this C*nt.

Can't quite believe this guy is the lead guitarist in my favourite band :facepalm:

Trying to comprehend that he replaced Robin Finck is one thing.. But after seeing him play, why is he even allowed to play lead?! I know it would be insulting to Izzy (who could play a good solo) to put him in rhythm but it's better than hearing his out of key bends, shocking tone and general lack of skill on solos.

Edited by MrSoftie

You should check out the Queen Extravaganza.

The singer is amazing though, that must be said!