Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

This is a bit like Rolf Harris making Jimmy Saville jokes. Even if Axl was not convicted for what he did to Erin and Steph, the fact he went on trial for domestic abuse (which included allegations of rape) shows, shocking levels of hypocrisy and crassness. If you start making jokes on a subject as controversial as rape, your record has to be whiter than white on that score.

But those women took million dollar cash settlements - so they have no credibility or integrity.

Yet..........the dude who says "smile" or "you look nice" are basically rapists who are just biding their time to start raping every woman they see.

And I get trashed every time I mention that it's weird how some people's beliefs are tailored around however Axl Rose is involved.

If the allegations are true why not make a joke or two.

Because joking about people being RAPED is never funny?

If your wife or mother was raped would you find it funny if your buddies made rape jokes to you?

Not laughing at victims, why the hell would I do that. I'm laughing at a potential rapist finally being caught with mounting allegations.

This is a bit like Rolf Harris making Jimmy Saville jokes. Even if Axl was not convicted for what he did to Erin and Steph, the fact he went on trial for domestic abuse (which included allegations of rape) shows, shocking levels of hypocrisy and crassness. If you start making jokes on a subject as controversial as rape, your record has to be whiter than white on that score.

But those women took million dollar cash settlements - so they have no credibility or integrity.

Yet..........the dude who says "smile" or "you look nice" are basically rapists who are just biding their time to start raping every woman they see.

And I get trashed every time I mention that it's weird how some people's beliefs are tailored around however Axl Rose is involved.

If your wife or mother was raped would you find it funny if your buddies made rape jokes to you?

Not laughing at victims, why the hell would I do that. I'm laughing at a potential rapist finally being caught with mounting allegations.

Sorry pal. I don't think laughing about rape - in any manner - is funny. But to each his own I guess.

Sorry pal. I don't think laughing about rape - in any manner - is funny. But to each his own I guess.

Fair enough.

Is this what DJ means by repeating over and over that Axl is always "cracking jokes" and "should be a comedian"?

Because these Cosby tweets just aren't funny. They're not offensive, not edgy. They're just flat out not funny.

I think Axl died in 2008 (for real)

Slash's pacemaker, Duff's pancreas, Adler's stroke and Axl Rose's chins walk into a bar...

that is a reunion

throw in Izzy somehow

Does anybody else think that it is maybe a bad PR move for Axl to be making Cosby rape joke tweets? It's kind of like "the wife beater calling the rapist black." Not saying that Axl is a wife beater, but he has had to deal with those accusations in the past. I think he's setting himself up to get roasted with these Cosby jokes. Don't throw rocks stoned if your living in a glass pipe and all that sort of space jazz.

Yes, looks like Beta will have to reset the Net Nanny software again. :-p

I think the Cosby hate is so rampant right now he might get away with it but he risked getting some unpleasant scrutiny on the back of this.

I think it proves the case that he ultimately doesn't take advice from anyone but himself!