Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I know it's en vogue these days to constantly insult and dehumanize anyone who is overweight, and constantly bring it up a a way of insulting them, but it's fucking disgusting. If you said that about any other sort of illness or physical attribute you'd be a bigot. But hey, let's ignore all the science that says there's a shitload of legit medical reasons someone might be fat (Google "obesogenic illnesses" if you'd like a hint), let's ignore food addictions, and let's totally ignore the fact that someone else's weight is nobody's business but theirs. Let's just constantly shit on people for being fat because they don't have a right to respect, amirite?

There's a ton of other stuff to criticize about Axl without getting into his weight.

Axl is big boned. You have heard it here first people.

I know it's en vogue these days to constantly insult and dehumanize anyone who is overweight, and constantly bring it up a a way of insulting them, but it's fucking disgusting. If you said that about any other sort of illness or physical attribute you'd be a bigot. But hey, let's ignore all the science that says there's a shitload of legit medical reasons someone might be fat (Google "obesogenic illnesses" if you'd like a hint), let's ignore food addictions, and let's totally ignore the fact that someone else's weight is nobody's business but theirs. Let's just constantly shit on people for being fat because they don't have a right to respect, amirite?

There's a ton of other stuff to criticize about Axl without getting into his weight.

In 2006 and 2010 he sang like he gave a shit and looked like he did. Strange that this obesogenic illness seems to have sprung up right around the time that he started giving poor performances, lost interest in performing new material and genuinely appeared to be a man with no drive content to spend the rest of his days on cruise control. So yes, it's easy to equate the one thing with the other. And if it does happen to be some sort of illness? GET HIM THE FUCK OFF THE ROAD, GET HIM WELL AND DO THINGS PROPERLY.

In 2006 and 2010 he sang like he gave a shit and looked like he did. Strange that this obesogenic illness seems to have sprung up right around the time that he started giving poor performances, lost interest in performing new material and genuinely appeared to be a man with no drive content to spend the rest of his days on cruise control. So yes, it's easy to equate the one thing with the other. And if it does happen to be some sort of illness? GET HIM THE FUCK OFF THE ROAD, GET HIM WELL AND DO THINGS PROPERLY.

And you don't think chronic illness can come and go, or have flare ups? Or that an illness flare-up WOULD account for why he sounded so bad and didn't seem to have the drive to do anything? Or that the odd fluctuations in his weight since 2000 - looking huge sometimes and looking downright frail other times - don't mean anything? How about the "moon face" he's had at times, which is a hallmark of some specific medications? Or the fact that if he's on any sort of medication for mental illness, that can fuck with metabolism and personality? For all we know that's why he is off the road now and nobody's seen him.

I don't know why he's heavy now. Neither do you, and neither does anyone else. That's the point. I might be completely and utterly wrong, and you could be absolutely right that he sits in his house and eats Twinkies all day. You could be absolutely wrong, too. Sitting here and making repeated comments about his weight, and assuming it's one thing or another, is IMHO ignorant. His weight shouldn't be an insult point.

His voice? His treatment of band members? His seeming inability to make new music or to keep a steady lineup? All fair game. More than fair. He's been disappointing to say the very least. But I'm sorry, mocking someone's weight is just as bigoted and ignorant as mocking any other physical attribute. I'm so fucking sick of fatphobia.

Edited by stella

Tom all you need to know is that it isn't Axl's fault.

I'm guessing that Slash probably drugged Axl or fat shamed him in a past life 350 years ago. That's why Axl is having issues today. Give the guy a break.

I'm also tired of you fatophobics out there fat shaming and bullying people. Axl is sensitive. He deserves your full respect. Just because he is Axl Rose.

Next you will call him a lesbian c*nt and a cancer.....oh wait, never mind.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

They honestly believe that there are "haters" among the fans.

I think if you read the facebook comments you will find it is not all rainbows and butterflies

I find it hard to believe that anyone actually HATES Guns N' Roses. Some people are just unsatisfied with a few things, some people more than others. It's natural, with everything in life. It's lame and unprofessional from them to even acknowledge and address it.

Edited by ManetsBR

I think if you read the facebook comments you will find it is not all rainbows and butterflies

I find it hard to believe that anyone actually HATES Guns N' Roses. Some people are just unsatisfied with a few things, some people more than others. It's natural, with everything in life. It's lame and unprofessional from them to even acknowledge and address it.

Exactly.

And how about a band acting professionally and focusing on their "fans" rather than their so called "haters?"

They can't address the fans concerning BBF or the status of a new album.....but they worry about the haters?

Sure glad every other band that I follow go the opposite route concerning fans and haters.

• Like 1

Exactly.

And how about a band acting professionally and focusing on their "fans" rather than their so called "haters?"

They can't address the fans concerning BBF or the status of a new album.....but they worry about the haters?

Sure glad every other band that I follow go the opposite route concerning fans and haters.

Couldn't have said it better myself. You can really see what "the band" priorities are.

The original image didn't have the glass and the writing. It's an official photohraph, taken by Kat Benzova. Someone added the glass, then whoever the hell runs the GNR social medias found in a random GNR fan board, probably Paradise City, and shared it. Yes, yes, they used a fan art to tell some other fans to fuck off. Yep. Anyway, then he/she decided that the message wasn't clear enough, so added the It's So Easy lyrics to emphasize it. It's ridiculous, and they do it all the time. I often see them post something just for in a couple of minutes delete it and post again with some minor change. I mean, what the fuck? Who the hell does that? Does he/she knows that this is not their personal page, but a big band's page? It's totally unprofessional. They're also often picking up these lame fan images and sharing around with some lyrics that had nothing to do with it. And there are also the silly "edgy-wannabe" criptic messages that don't say anything.

But Bumblefoot's status? The band's status? The plans? Anything that matters AT ALL?! Nope, nope, nope and nope.

Seriously, don't even get me started on the GNR social media :lol:

• Like 1

Oh yeah, that :lol:

And I wasn't even complaing, if I recall... But I don't blame her, seriously. Take a look at her profile, she - and anyone from Team Brazil, really - can't post a single picture of whatever it is without a ton of dumb comments. On the case you mentioned, it was a picture of them getting on a plane, and I posted "On the way to the studio to finish the new album" or something like that. It was a totally innocent and easy going comment. If I'm not mistaken, there were other comments, though. I think there were, and some people are really mean and stupid.

I mean, I don't think the Guns N' Roses profiles should address stupid remarks, but if people are taking the time and effort to actually come to your personal profile to say stupid things, go for it. I just think things should be very well separated. In Team Brazil's case, their instagram profiles are really personal, any GNR mentions are really rare. But as soon as they post something people flood'em with stuff like "TELL AXL I LOVE HIM !!!! POR FAVOR". It's hilarious :lol: and creepy.

Edited by ManetsBR

Oh yeah, that :lol:

And I wasn't even complaing, if I recall... But I don't blame her, seriously. Take a look at her profile, she - and anyone from Team Brazil, really - can't post a single picture of whatever it is without a ton of dumb comments. On the case you mentioned, it was a picture of them getting on a plane, and I posted "On the way to the studio to finish the new album" or something like that. It was a totally innocent and easy going comment. If I'm not mistaken, there were other comments, though. I think there were, and some people are really mean and stupid.

I mean, I don't think the Guns N' Roses profiles should address stupid remarks, but if people are taking the time and effort to actually come to your personal profile to say stupid things, go for it. I just think things should be very well separated. In Team Brazil's case, their instagram profiles are really personal, any GNR mentions are really rare. But as soon as they post something people flood'em with stuff like "TELL AXL I LOVE HIM !!!! POR FAVOR". It's hilarious :lol: and creepy.

Shit man, I'd completely forgotten what led to the "complaints complaints complaints" remark and most amusingly had no recollection it was you that prompted it :lol:

That just goes to show what good "attacking" the fanbase does, all people remember is what the camp said, not what prompted it.

The way Axl's GNR is handled it's almost impossible for a fan not to be frustrated, there's practically a wall of silence regarding everything meaningful to do with the band and if I was "them" I'd be very selective about what I posted on social media, especially when using the GNR name (for lack of a better word) in vein.

Chinese Democracy came out nearly seven years ago, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why "fans" may be a little antsy and frustrated.