Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Matt deserves to be there.. but he dug his own grave with Axl over the years.

Well Matt din't say anything wrong, whatever he said were the actual facts. Like that Axl hated Slash, he was the devil and all, but still they are working together and leaving Matt out of this? Slash and Duff are very close to Matt, so its very surprising how they agreed, from what I see, this whole thing is a business plan.

how would Matt feel about Dave joining Guns with regards to VR?

VR has been dead for quite a while now, so I'm guessing it doesnt really matter, all the members had other side project since their last VR-show anyway, why shouldn't it be GnR? That being said, I dont get why people hang on to Kushner? Its a great guy, wouldnt mind seeing him in GnR, but I guess Axl will never allow it, as he's from the Slash/Duff camp, and I'm betting Axl would rather keep Fortus on board. That should really be enough, and leaves room for guest appearances by Izzy or Gilby.

But who will be the 3rd guitarist?

Who says that there will be a third guitarist? I doubt Slash would be willing to share the spotlight with another lead guitarist and Axl is probably fine with that as long as Slash is willing to play Chinese Democracy tunes and stuff like that.

While not needing a 3rd, it has produced a live sound that it more like you here on an album. Axl as been keen on this for awhile

• Like 1

Well Matt din't say anything wrong, whatever he said were the actual facts. Like that Axl hated Slash, he was the devil and all, but still they are working together and leaving Matt out of this? Slash and Duff are very close to Matt, so its very surprising how they agreed, from what I see, this whole thing is a business plan.

Well Slash's ex-wife took half of his money...so I think Slash would agree to this in a heart beat and make 3 times more of what he had.

VR has been dead for quite a while now, so I'm guessing it doesnt really matter, all the members had other side project since their last VR-show anyway, why shouldn't it be GnR? That being said, I dont get why people hang on to Kushner? Its a great guy, wouldnt mind seeing him in GnR, but I guess Axl will never allow it, as he's from the Slash/Duff camp, and I'm betting Axl would rather keep Fortus on board. That should really be enough, and leaves room for guest appearances by Izzy or Gilby.

Why would they need one? And IF they really need one go with Izzy (guest appearances) or even Gilby. Why hire someone who has never been part of GnR, and from Axl point of view; a supporter of Duff/Slash? It will dillute the fragile 'reunion' image even more to get a NEW 'outside' guy.

Why would they need one? And IF they really need one go with Izzy (guest appearances) or even Gilby. Why hire someone who has never been part of GnR, and from Axl point of view; a supporter of Duff/Slash? It will dillute the fragile 'reunion' image even more to get a NEW 'outside' guy.
There's no reunion image with Pitman, Fortus and Frank. Axl might say he wants a 3rd guitarist but Slash might say no, but then Axl says what about Dave? Well okay.

Not saying it's going to happen, but it would be a powerful supergroup.

There's no reunion image with Pitman, Fortus and Frank. Axl might say he wants a 3rd guitarist but Slash might say no, but then Axl says what about Dave? Well okay.

Not saying it's going to happen, but it would be a powerful supergroup.

It would, and I like Dave, but it would have less and less to do with reform/regroup/reunion to include guys that were never even part of the old or new GnR.

Well Slash's ex-wife took half of his money...so I think Slash would agree to this in a heart beat and make 3 times more of what he had.

Is Perla's blood boiling?

There's a big difference: Axl, Slash ad Duff were friends, they went through a lot of shit together, as crazy as everything was, there's a bond there.

Matt was just a guy who got hired when the band was at its peak. They might have been cool with each other, but there's no way they had the same kind of relationship.

Even if they do, keeping Frank instead might just be a way of compromising and meeting Axl in the middle as far as choices and loyalty goes. I can only imagine the mess of legalities and contracts involved in this whole thing.

Probably not. I'm sure even she recognizes that any form of reunion most probably needed her to be completely out of the scene

Probably not. I'm sure even she recognizes that any form of reunion most probably needed her to be completely out of the scene

Appreciate the serious response. :lol:

Paul Tobias is the absolute most embarrassing thing that ever happened to GNR.

On one hand, you have Slash, an icon who earned that title.

And then Axl makes a demand of Slash: this guy Pula Toblias is your equal, Salsh. He will write your music. You must seek his approval and collaboration.

Now imagine if Axl made that demand now, what with Axl being a fat whale who can't sing and Plua Toblias having become a complete absolute zero in the world of music.

Can we just get any kind of statement from the members themselves... even just like... Slash: "Stoked to play with the red head"...

I'd be... so happy.

Is this thing really so tenuous that some kind of positive communication about it from the actual members could derail the whole enterprise? well... probably! haha... ahhhh geez.

After reading Todd's blog here's what I think (not that anyone cares):

I think Axl insisted he should be able to retain some NuGuns members. I think they all knew Adler couldn't tour, so in his place they would forgo Matt and keep Frank. I'm sure they asked Izzy, and I guess when he said no to a full tour (either just cause its a tour or cause of Adler) they decided on Fortus as the replacement.

All things I'm not sure if Slash was initially happy about. But I'm guessing that gave Slash leverage to say "fine, we'll make it a hybrid band, but I get to stuff outside of Guns, like work on my solo albums, do whatever I want, and Axl can't stop that."

Again, I'm pulling all this out of my ass, but I feel that makes sense. Its a compromise for both of them and it ensures that Axl didn't quite "surrender" to Old Guns, while also giving Slash the freedom to do other things and not wait around for Axl all the time.

Guys cant you see the obvious reason for just Axl, Slash and Duff on this "reunion"? Moneyyy!!!!! Same amount for each (axl, slah an duff) and just a few bucks to pay the tour hired musicians.

I still don't get what changed monetarily for Axl, but I guess it doesn't matter. I'm just curious.

Slash had the divorce, that makes sense that it changed his view a bit.

Duff is a nice guy in between both Slash and Axl. I'm sure he loves the money, but he was also never against this reunion.

It really seemed it would never happen with Axl. Did he just finally give up on what NuGuns was doing? Does he finally need the money a reunion offers? Did he plain grow up and realize he was being childish? Its obviously not the last option, but I do wonder what changed that made Axl so not-against-Slash anymore. By all accounts he could have been King Dick this time and held out saying "oh, you want back in Slash. No way!" Wouldn't that have given him a hard on?

Question here: How much does a singer need to be in agreement with the drummer during a live show?

Slash and Duff would not agree to "dictator Axl" (I believe), so wouldn't they have a more invested interest, and decision, in the drummer because of the instruments they play?

Guys cant you see the obvious reason for just Axl, Slash and Duff on this "reunion"? Moneyyy!!!!! Same amount for each (axl, slah an duff) and just a few bucks to pay the tour hired musicians.

I don't think it's just because of the money! I think that they miss each other as friends, as musicians, they miss performing together, they miss that energy that they had together, they miss the old days when they were the biggest band in the world! And especially now when they are older and after years of doing things on their own! I think they will appreciate each other more now AND LETS GIVE THEM A BREAK! Stop complaining and let it take time! This is a new situation for them also, they too need time to get used to each other again! Stop spreading that negative energy and just be happy and show your support!

I still don't get what changed monetarily for Axl, but I guess it doesn't matter. I'm just curious.

Slash had the divorce, that makes sense that it changed his view a bit.

Duff is a nice guy in between both Slash and Axl. I'm sure he loves the money, but he was also never against this reunion.

It really seemed it would never happen with Axl. Did he just finally give up on what NuGuns was doing? Does he finally need the money a reunion offers? Did he plain grow up and realize he was being childish? Its obviously not the last option, but I do wonder what changed that made Axl so not-against-Slash anymore. By all accounts he could have been King Dick this time and held out saying "oh, you want back in Slash. No way!" Wouldn't that have given him a hard on?

Duff is the key to the whole thing. There has been friction at numerous points between all of the other Appetite members, but Duff seems to get along with everyone (even as Adler throws him under the bus recently). Duff and Axl rekindled their friendship and I think Duff probably helped Axl see that the grudge was a waste of energy fueled by a lot of miscommunication and bullshit from third parties.

Just to see how this thing goes. If Axl shows up in good vocal form and the Big Three have strong chemistry on stage with no bad stuff behind the scenes, I could see this thing turn into a real band going forward. Sort of a merger of old Guns and nu-Guns. With Slash and Duff in the picture, it would certainly help Axl get new material released by the label. But baby steps first...Coachella cannot be a disaster like MTV 2002, Rio 2011, etc.