Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

There has to be a secret show in the works.

They aren't rehearsing now for a show that is over 3 months away.

Normally i would agree but doubt it this time. Coachella paid a pretty penny to have them and for it to be the "first show" to re-unite them. If they did another show I am sure Coachella wouldn't be too happy.

Normally i would agree but doubt it this time. Coachella paid a pretty penny to have them and for it to be the "first show" to re-unite them. If they did another show I am sure Coachella wouldn't be too happy.

Then they are rehearsing for a world tour, only way I can see them starting now

And then maybe they must learn EVERY GNR track for the tour to change things up

Edited by gunsguy

they could do something like a friends/family show that the public has no access to and then it is no harm no foul.

really, it would only build hype for coachella (yes i know that tickets are sold out, but if they stream it they will want people excited)

plus they want guns at the top of their game when they play. If they were to play a couple shows to a 300 capacity crowd in preparation, that doesn't affect them at all.

Edited by Stiff Competition

Im sure thats how the promoters of Rock In Rio Lisboa felt in 2006...but that didn't stop Axl and his band from playing like 6 warm up shows...

• Like 1

Im sure thats how the promoters of Rock In Rio Lisboa felt in 2006...but that didn't stop Axl and his band from playing like 6 warm up shows...

I doubt they payed $8+ million. Different scenario and was still only Axl at that point with no other original members. This is a much bigger deal.

• Like 1

You would think if Coachella paid that much for them to headline, they would want them to do a few warm up gigs, so they can come out and sound the best they can, which they will obviously, just sayin. But I understand them wanting to be the first show.

You would think if Coachella paid that much for them to headline, they would want them to do a few warm up gigs, so they can come out and sound the best they can, which they will obviously, just sayin. But I understand them wanting to be the first show.

I guess it depends on the streaming too, if it's streamed live, more people would watch if it was truly the first show. If they played 6 warmup gigs and they leaked online, most casual fans probably wouldn't stream it.

I speculate a new single is in the works before the start of the tour. Possibly an un-released song recorded prior to Slash and Duff's exit in 96/97.

That would be super cool and totally unexpected, given Axl's track record with "new" music

If they release something, that would convince me a bit, that Slash and Duff and Axl (and the rest of the band) is not just doing it solely for the money

Guys, it's totally obvious what's happening in that studio - Axl is making Slash and Duff re-record Chinese Democracy note for note.

You joke, but I was wondering when I saw that Spotify has Chinese Democracy currently listed as "Chinese Democracy (Version 1)"...

We know Axl was planning on a remix album before the reunion, perhaps he will combine that with re-recordings featuring Slash and Duff?

Guys, it's totally obvious what's happening in that studio - Axl is making Slash and Duff re-record Chinese Democracy note for note.

I bet Brain could be a creative consultant for such a task...

Agreed. If it turns out good enough, maybe Axl will let them put the re-recorded Better on the soundtrack of Adam Sandler's next romantic comedy.

• Like 1

I bet Brain could be a creative consultant for such a task...
Agreed. If it turns out good enough, maybe Axl will let them put the re-recorded Better on the soundtrack of Adam Sandler's next romantic comedy.

Will it start out with a live recording and then fade into the new studio version? ;)

• Like 1