Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Agreed. I imagine Chris was a little pissed that Slash and Duff can tease but he can't.

I have heard the hybrid line up is in place but others are pushing for a full UYI line up and that's the hold up on confirming who is playing.

Chris is expected to play in any line up though as Axl holds him in high regards.

Bit weird kicking him out considering he's been in the studio with Axl as recently as last July if not even more recently, and he's also the one who cut together the reunion promo vid that was shown before Star Wars and is on the official website.

• Like 1

Best case scenario he has finally been demoted to Teddy ZigZag status. It makes no sense from a PR perspective to drown the names and pictures of the core three with a whole circus of no names in a lineup announcement or band pic.

I have no problem with him lurking in the back of that makes Axl feel safe and comfortable

I mean, it wouldn't be entirely beyond the scope for coachella to be the UYI lineup then tour as the hybrid, would it?

still thinking PR here... It would make perfect sense to market them with as many classic members as possible during the first gig when the world is watching, it would legitimize the whole thing even if everybody doesn't stay on for a whole tour

Edited by Changes

I don't think so he is out, but well it seems he is pissed, I guess after all these years he thought he would be a legit member of the band, but well the "management" showed him his place that after all he is just another hired member.

For a while the thread was full of whining of those who hate and don't want Pitman. Now that he's gone it's full of whining that Pitman is gone, and that the whole GNR is a joke. Axl, Slash and Duff are in. Who cares what hired hands or session musicians they decide to hire? While rehearsing they might still change their minds 45 times depending on how things sound and what they all like or what they don't like. Nothing wrong about it.

He's subbed GNR with "I HATE STRUCTURE 2016" in his Twitter bio :lol:

A lot of people refused to believe that this reunion was put together after Ashba left in July 2015 but I think it's becoming increasingly clear that this really is all being arranged very quickly, with the consequences so far being a cancelled appearance on Kimmel and band members who don't know if they're in or out.

• Like 1

A lot of people refused to believe that this reunion was put together after Ashba left in July 2015 but I think it's becoming increasingly clear that this really is all being arranged very quickly, with the consequences so far being a cancelled appearance on Kimmel and band members who don't know if they're in or out.

But if band members, including Pitman don´t know who is in and who is out. Then why Pitman confirmed he was in just a couple of days ago? Pitman has been in the band for a very long time now. I´m assuming at this point he knows very well when to talk and when not to do it.

But if band members, including Pitman don´t know who is in and who is out. Then why Pitman confirmed he was in just a couple of days ago? Pitman has been in the band for a very long time now. I´m assuming at this point he knows very well when to talk and when not to do it.

I guess he thought he was safe considering he edited the promo for the tour, but management and/or Axl had a change of heart regarding his presence at Coachella if not for the whole tour.

Back in 2005-6 Fortus and Finck retooled the songs they were gonna play live to fit a 2-guitar lineup, when just weeks before the first show of '06 they got a call from management saying there'd be a 3rd guitarist in the band. In that case it was Axl's decision, who knows if that's the case here.

For all we know he's as excited as shit to be a part of the reunion so he's itching to talk about it despite the details not being clear yet. He's probably still in but has been put under the gag order. Only in GNR land! Maybe they can bring back Teddy, Tracy and Roberta. :lol:

There's also the possibility that he's being demoted (along with Frank and Richard) to "touring" member only and further marketing/photos will just include the big three. That's pure speculation on my part though.

I agree with that assessment. It seems like he was trying to market himself on the same level as the big three and that didn't fly with some executive somewhere. Either that or during rehearsals it just wasn't jiving for Slash. But who knows. It could be any number of things that we're unaware of.

There's also the possibility that he's being demoted (along with Frank and Richard) to "touring" member only and further marketing/photos will just include the big three. That's pure speculation on my part though.

I agree with that assessment. It seems like he was trying to market himself on the same level as the big three and that didn't fly with some executive somewhere. Either that or during rehearsals it just wasn't jiving for Slash. But who knows. It could be any number of things that we're unaware of.

You might be on to something. It might not have been Axl or TB necessarily but someone involved with the tour contracts or promo. While Frank and Richard have kept quiet (and Dizzy for that matter), Chris is out there doing the "my band" stuff and they likely weren't happy with that. It seems that the temporary plan is to promote this as "Axl, Slash and Duff" and as such, they're the only ones who've posted things so far. Chris took into his own hands and someone got pissed.