Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Be careful about that confirmation - it's going to be picked up incorrectly by the web media that Guns are rehearsing in your house. :lol:

Hence the clarification. Last thing i want is alternativenation or that "insider" at my door.

WHY HASN'T ANY MEMBER OF THE BAND DENIED THIS RUMOR?! THAT IS CONFIRMATION! NOT ONLY IS CD2 COMING, BUT THEY'RE RECORDING IT AT RUSS' PLACE RIGHT NOW!

Can you go downstairs and just ask them to clarify the whole Pittman thing?

Pitman is still in, but Frank is out. There is no drummer , at least human.

So far the line up is this: Axl/Slash/Duff/Pitman/Dizzy and MPC2000.

MPC2000 is better than the old one. Arguably it has more groove than Sorum too!

Thank you MPC2000 by take care the super funky techno beats. We now believe even more.
I've been on these boards since 1921 and rarely ever post. But I just have to now. You 'fans' make me sick! You people have been begging for Axl and the MPC2000 to reunite for over 60 years and now they finally are! And just because Fortus is there instead of Izzybot4500 it's not a real reunion? Nothing but complaints from you people. Just be happy that you have super funky techno beats! I work with underprivileged Camels every day who would literally give one of their humps for even one super funky techno beat.

Post of the year. Sir, you have my respect

Be careful about that confirmation - it's going to be picked up incorrectly by the web media that Guns are rehearsing in your house. :lol:

Hence the clarification. Last thing i want is alternativenation or that "insider" at my door.

WHY HASN'T ANY MEMBER OF THE BAND DENIED THIS RUMOR?! THAT IS CONFIRMATION! NOT ONLY IS CD2 COMING, BUT THEY'RE RECORDING IT AT RUSS' PLACE RIGHT NOW!

Can you go downstairs and just ask them to clarify the whole Pittman thing?

Pitman is still in, but Frank is out. There is no drummer , at least human.

So far the line up is this: Axl/Slash/Duff/Pitman/Dizzy and MPC2000.

MPC2000 is better than the old one. Arguably it has more groove than Sorum too!

Thank you MPC2000 by take care the super funky techno beats. We now believe even more.
I've been on these boards since 1921 and rarely ever post. But I just have to now. You 'fans' make me sick! You people have been begging for Axl and the MPC2000 to reunite for over 60 years and now they finally are! And just because Fortus is there instead of Izzybot4500 it's not a real reunion? Nothing but complaints from you people. Just be happy that you have super funky techno beats! I work with underprivileged Camels every day who would literally give one of their humps for even one super funky techno beat.

Post of the year. Sir, you have my respect

Haha thanks man! It's getting a bit boring around here again with the media blackout. It's like GNR invited us all to a huge party and once we all showed up they took all the supermodels and went to a private club.

At least Duff sends us the occasional picture of a stripper's boobs.

I like the TMS interview because he sounds like Axl, and you can tell he's enjoying making those guys miserable for making him do an interview after a show.

I think that's as passive aggressive as it gets, but it's weird to me that for a guy who hates interviews and hates talking to press that when he actually gets in the situation he looks like he's enjoying himself. Like in that interview he looked like the only one that was having a good time. I think he likes talking and telling stories but it seems like someone has to pull his teeth to do it in front of camera.

It's really Trunk's fault... He was practically begging Axl... It was probably pay back for leaking Chinese. Trunk could have insisted on a set time. Instead he went there without any real commitments.

Lol. No. Not how it happened at all.

That's exactly what happened. Trunk went in to that with no real commitment.

Listen to the Jim Florentine blog about the interview.

Axl's camp set it up, with a time.

Trunk and his crew showed up early.

And for the runaround for like 20 hours. Axl will be here soon. Axl is in the shower. Axl is late so let's do it at the arena. Oh it's too close to show time let's do it after the show. Then hours after the show - Axl showed up.

He agreed to an interview and blew the guys off, time and time again.

Because he is Axl Rose and they wanted the interview Trunk and his team jumped through all the hoops and didn't get mad every time GnR changed the time. This wasn't in their home city. So they couldn't just jump in the car and go home.

It was a total dick move.

Lol. Canceling the Kimmell show at the last second - not Axl's fault.

Dicking the Metal show around - not Axl's fault.

In your world.....is anything ever Axl's fault?

Promote what, though? Coachella is already sold out and there's no definite info on a tour, maybe they don't even have anything locked down yet, so I dunno what they're supposed to promote?

Slash and Duff being back in guns n roses? And maybe Adler and Izzy. That seems like a fairly big deal that millions of fans are eager to know about.

Maybe instead of worrying about promoting things, it would be cool if they operated like every other band in the world and just shared some band info with their millions of fans.

Promote what, though? Coachella is already sold out and there's no definite info on a tour, maybe they don't even have anything locked down yet, so I dunno what they're supposed to promote?

Exactly. They will save all the reasons and chat shows to promo the US Tour. Coachella deal is done.
But Axl is Mr integrity whose decisions aren't based around money.

Why not update his fans on the status of GnR without some sort if financial gain to be bad?

Can you imagine Van Halen setting up for a 2016 tour but not telling their fans if the singer is going to be Sammy, Dave, Gary or a new guy?

People would say that was ridiculous.

But for some reason people are giving Axl a free pass. Weird.

I like the TMS interview because he sounds like Axl, and you can tell he's enjoying making those guys miserable for making him do an interview after a show.

I think that's as passive aggressive as it gets, but it's weird to me that for a guy who hates interviews and hates talking to press that when he actually gets in the situation he looks like he's enjoying himself. Like in that interview he looked like the only one that was having a good time. I think he likes talking and telling stories but it seems like someone has to pull his teeth to do it in front of camera.

It's really Trunk's fault... He was practically begging Axl... It was probably pay back for leaking Chinese. Trunk could have insisted on a set time. Instead he went there without any real commitments.

And for the runaround for like 20 hours. Axl will be here soon. Axl is in the shower. Axl is late so let's do it at the arena. Oh it's too close to show time let's do it after the show. Then hours after the show - Axl showed up.

Because he is Axl Rose and they wanted the interview Trunk and his team jumped through all the hoops and didn't get mad every time GnR changed the time. This wasn't in their home city. So they couldn't just jump in the car and go home.

It's not Axl's fault that he's so consistent. He does this to everyone and yet these people expect to be treated differently because "they" are interviewing Axl...good luck with that.

• Like 1

Naming the next album CD2 would be sort of like naming your kid Adolf. Just a shitty idea.

You're insufferable, y'know that? What made you think that was a good analogy? :facepalm:

If any next album consists of 80% CD era songs, why not call it that? Personally I hope a new album is self-titled, but some peoples hatred for anything CD-era related is just weird...

CD ends now!!!

Praise the Lord!

Ugh... I hate those kind of memes/pictures/post. There's always been shitty music, every generation has their boybands and teeny-poppers. Time separates the legends from the one hit wonders.

Yeah... look at Salieri.

I think it's pretty clear I'm not an Axl apologist.

Slash and Duff being back in guns n roses? And maybe Adler and Izzy. That seems like a fairly big deal that millions of fans are eager to know about.

Maybe instead of worrying about promoting things, it would be cool if they operated like every other band in the world and just shared some band info with their millions of fans.

Exactly. They will save all the reasons and chat shows to promo the US Tour. Coachella deal is done.

Why not update his fans on the status of GnR without some sort if financial gain to be bad?

Can you imagine Van Halen setting up for a 2016 tour but not telling their fans if the singer is going to be Sammy, Dave, Gary or a new guy?

Axl is still Axl. It's conceivable that there are two sides. The classic 5 side and the Hybrid side. Axl doesn't want to over commit to a line up which maybe be over when Slash goes back to his solo career. Hence the regrouping not reunion.

I think there's a danger they have nothing left for their own tour. Coachella is just a warm up show. It's going to be harder to get GNR fans to fill stadiums for a hybrid line up. So holding back isn't a bad idea. Maybe they will go on Kimmel before the tour if Coachella goes well.

I think it's different with GNR. They have confirmed the Big 3. But there's line up issues. And that could get heated.

Maybe they agreed to the new Guns with Slash and Duff but Coachella only agreed if they don't talk too much about it. But it's sold out so no problem.

Maybe the interviews are in the works? Hard to really do it justice on twitter.

But they seem complicated. And if Slash gives his usual casual comments it might blow up. TB may just be trying to keep everything calm. I don't think they can speak freely about everything without putting things in jepardy.

Maybe we won't see or hear much until game time.

Axl could be late to Coachella?

Axl is still Axl. It's conceivable that there are two sides. The classic 5 side and the Hybrid side. Axl doesn't want to over commit to a line up which maybe be over when Slash goes back to his solo career. Hence the regrouping not reunion.

I think there's a danger they have nothing left for their own tour. Coachella is just a warm up show. It's going to be harder to get GNR fans to fill stadiums for a hybrid line up. So holding back isn't a bad idea. Maybe they will go on Kimmel before the tour if Coachella goes well.

I think it's different with GNR. They have confirmed the Big 3. But there's line up issues. And that could get heated.

Maybe they agreed to the new Guns with Slash and Duff but Coachella only agreed if they don't talk too much about it. But it's sold out so no problem.

Maybe the interviews are in the works? Hard to really do it justice on twitter.

But they seem complicated. And if Slash gives his usual casual comments it might blow up. TB may just be trying to keep everything calm. I don't think they can speak freely about everything without putting things in jepardy.

Maybe we won't see or hear much until game time.

Axl could be late to Coachella?

nothing

whose to tell Axl how to dress, how to talk, how to act, when to show up? he doesn't need that SHIT

when to show up in a concert?

YOU! You are! And me. And anyone who pay the ticket. I mean... we're all fans here, but that kind of "Axl is God and nobody can criticize him" shit is just... that, exactly... Bullshit.

Being late for your own show isn't great but I don't think it's on purpose, he's just not ready.

And yet billions of people on this planet are on time for work, and they make sure they're ready. Even if it means having to get ready earlier than usual.

And among those people are countless frontmen in bands, who never seem to have the same problem.

• Like 2

Being late for your own show isn't great but I don't think it's on purpose, he's just not ready.

And yet billions of people on this planet are on time for work, and they make sure they're ready. Even if it means having to get ready earlier than usual.

And among those people are countless frontmen in bands, who never seem to have the same problem.

I think it's just Axl wanting to put on the best show. He has good intentions. And there's not many singers putting on shows as big or with performances as great as Axl did in the 90s. Sometimes the schedule didn't work out. Maybe sometimes Axl fucked up. There was probably temptations.

My favorite thing was when TB (and Del I think) started to blame the venues themselves. There was several times when they said something like "There's a lot that goes on the day of each show and if the venue doesn't have everything exactly right, it can push the show time back". So every other tour of every shape & size that comes through those same venues has no problem, but the GN'R tour is somehow a totally different situation?

Always someone else to blame.

• Like 4