Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

This is why Slash and Duff don't speak.

Duff retweeted this tweet
Duff backing Axl. Good call.

Maybe because it was thanks to Duff that Axl and Slash started talking again... Maybe Duff feels that he is the only one who should have all the credit for that :)

If any one person is responsible for helping Axl and Slash mend their bridges, I would also guess that it's Duff. Who is smart enough, and has enough integrity, not to pat himself on the back for it.

They are staying quiet bc there are likely a ton of offers on the table at the moment. They will maximize their profit by letting the offers build. Once they feel comfortable with their schedules and the money on the table they will then finalize it and give an announcement then. They are being advised correctly at the moment.

Why build anticipation for 4 shows that are sold out? They will work on the building part when they put together a full tour and then have something to promote and to try and sell out.

They are staying quiet bc there are likely a ton of offers on the table at the moment. They will maximize their profit by letting the offers build. Once they feel comfortable with their schedules and the money on the table they will then finalize it and give an announcement then. They are being advised correctly at the moment.

Why build anticipation for 4 shows that are sold out? They will work on the building part when they put together a full tour and then have something to promote and to try and sell out.

Because PR isn't entirely about making money. Mostly, yes, but there's also that 'being courteous' part where you keep people informed of what you're doing. As well as building good will, which, face it, the band shouldn't burn even more of. Or that could be me just being a prig - who knows?

You can disable the tweety sidebar but I have forgotten how. I put it back on what with the reunion, but I had it turned off for awhile. What with Axl's inane humour, Slash's ''yeh dude..crowd were a blast'' and Sorum's dolphin drivel, this was mandatory.

Pretty much nails it on the head. I kind of just follow Slash to see how many different ways he can compliment a crowd. Or I'm waiting for the one terrible one.

if Axl is back with Slash and Duff, then it won't be for 4 shows. They will make as much money as they can, why wouldn't they?

I think we haven't heard much as plans are still being put together.

They are probably trying to judge just how big this reunion will be.

I think these shows are going to be the stock footage for the promotional cycle for a much bigger tour starting in June!

• Like 1

This is why Slash and Duff don't speak.

Duff retweeted this tweet
Duff backing Axl. Good call.

Maybe because it was thanks to Duff that Axl and Slash started talking again... Maybe Duff feels that he is the only one who should have all the credit for that :)
So it's more like Axl backing Duff. Perla can tweet next. I'm ready.

i love dolphins. But can we do something about Matt Sorum tweets? It's getting more annoying than his voice.

I usually unfollow someone when I become annoyed by their tweeting activity. May work for you too...

I don't have tweeter.
Then quit your bitchin' :)

no thanks, cos i'm talking about the tweeter feed on this page. I like it cos i get to see GNR tweets without using the fucking tweeter.
. Who cares about Matt sorgums twatter.
  • Like 1

Is there somewhere where I can find out more about this TB management as I've tuned out the last couple of years with this band...

When Stephanie Seymour was with Axl, she had a nanny who took care of her son. When she left Axl, that nanny stayed behind with him. Her name is Beta Lebis and she is from Brazil. She has three children, of which Fernando is one. When Axl went through that reclusive patch, Beta became a mother figure to him; though note, she's 2/3 years his senior. Axl calls her his mother and he credits her with saving his life, as she took care of him during that difficult time.

And during that time, Beta and her children moved into Axl's home. Beta eventually became Axl's personal assistant, and over time, after Doc McGee left in 2011, the manager of GNR. She later moved aside and now Fernando is the manager.

They are Team Brazil, though the name does also refer to other people within the GNR organisation, Del, some lawyers etc.

They are contentious because for a long time they were very anti Slash and their influence on Axl has been heavily discussed.

This is solid, but don't forget: Beta threatened to leave Axl if he didn't allow her to take over as GNR's manager.

Beta went from "lighting candles for the band, bringing them cupcakes and baked goods" to managing a multi-million dollar brand.

So, it's no real wonder that GNR has been run so profoundly incompetently.

• Like 2

Maybe they're just doing Vegas and Coachella. Hence no interviews, announced dates, etc.....

I don't think Axl can afford to do 4 shows with Duff and Slash, then go back to new Guns. People won't have it.

Vegas and Coachella really set up the US tour. Slash might have the same problem.

Maybe they're just doing Vegas and Coachella. Hence no interviews, announced dates, etc.....

I don't think Axl can afford to do 4 shows with Duff and Slash, then go back to new Guns. People won't have it.

Vegas and Coachella really set up the US tour. Slash might have the same problem.
Daisies wouldn't replace Richard and Dizzy if its just 4 shows for them serving Axl, Duff, and Slash. I guess the big tour is on for Guns.

Daisies wouldn't replace Richard and Dizzy if its just 4 shows for them serving Axl, Duff, and Slash. I guess the big tour is on for Guns.

I agree. Fortus and Dizzy have to be in for a long tour for the Daisies to replace them. If this was just a few shows, they'd never leave the DD. I'm glad Fortus is still with GNR. He's been in the band for a long time, is a great player and doesn't seem to have the huge 'look at me play' attitude/ego that should work great with Slash.

I agree. Fortus and Dizzy have to be in for a long tour for the Daisies to replace them. If this was just a few shows, they'd never leave the DD. I'm glad Fortus is still with GNR. He's been in the band for a long time, is a great player and doesn't seem to have the huge 'look at me play' attitude/ego that should work great with Slash.
Izzy's junior is always better than Slash's junior ;D
  • Like 2

"We decided, 'No more managers,'" said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. "Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we're dealing with the management." Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as "more than a son to me," and that after Katsis' departure, "I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit."

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/21/entertainment/la-et-12-20-axl-rose-interview-20111221

• Like 3

Is there somewhere where I can find out more about this TB management as I've tuned out the last couple of years with this band...

When Stephanie Seymour was with Axl, she had a nanny who took care of her son. When she left Axl, that nanny stayed behind with him. Her name is Beta Lebis and she is from Brazil. She has three children, of which Fernando is one. When Axl went through that reclusive patch, Beta became a mother figure to him; though note, she's 2/3 years his senior. Axl calls her his mother and he credits her with saving his life, as she took care of him during that difficult time.

And during that time, Beta and her children moved into Axl's home. Beta eventually became Axl's personal assistant, and over time, after Doc McGee left in 2011, the manager of GNR. She later moved aside and now Fernando is the manager.

They are Team Brazil, though the name does also refer to other people within the GNR organisation, Del, some lawyers etc.

They are contentious because for a long time they were very anti Slash and their influence on Axl has been heavily discussed.

This is solid, but don't forget: Beta threatened to leave Axl if he didn't allow her to take over as GNR's manager.

Beta went from "lighting candles for the band, bringing them cupcakes and baked goods" to managing a multi-million dollar brand.

So, it's no real wonder that GNR has been run so profoundly incompetently.

Except for horrible communication, I see few problems with how the band has been run these last years. I don't agree with the band decisions that have been made, but I blame Axl in entirety for them. When it comes down to how things have been executed, which is the managers job, then I think hings have been as good since TB took over as it has ever been in the history of GN'R. Tours have been running remarkably smoothly and the band experienced a long period of lineup stability.

As for the threath she is claimed to have made. Another word for what she did was to give Axl an ultimatum. That doesn't sound as bad, does it? Maybe it wasn't even meant 100 % seriously, yet it is the go-to episode people use to paint Beta as some villain in the history of GN'R who has with claws and teeth manipulated herself into a position of power through threaths and deliberately keeping Axl in the dark about what is happening.