Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

9 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Why is this posted here? This is not an official (ex-)bandmember or affiliated social media account. This is just a translation of what has been posted on Nighttrain forum.

Jamie Mathias' tweet wasn't an "official (ex-)bandmember or affiliated social media account" , but nobody complained as it was GnR related, like this tweet.

I didnt know this info was posted on Nightrain forum

Edited by Smoofy

1 hour ago, surforia said:

So the Mexico City e-mail refers to Slash and Duff, as well as Axl, as "founding members."  Looks like the internal dialogue is moving in more of a 3-way partnership type of direction.

Yeah, that's the only official references the band has made. Duff, Slash, and Axl. People can't say they have been mislead or that it's bullshit. This is what is being advertised as of now.

2 hours ago, surforia said:

So the Mexico City e-mail refers to Slash and Duff, as well as Axl, as "founding members."  Looks like the internal dialogue is moving in more of a 3-way partnership type of direction.

Yes!!!:headbang: That´s better news than the show itself :lol: This Mexico show was the worst kept secret anyway 

1 minute ago, grkgunner said:

Have any of you considered the slight chance of a Grammy appearance next week? AC/DC opened the show last year with 2 songs...

ACDC were also announced. The Grammys would not keep a GNR opening a secret. They would want to milk the advertising, on the off chance that GNR don't show on time etc. I wouldn't rule it out, but I highly doubt they would want (or be able) to keep it under wraps until then.

9 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Any one else thought that maybe Duff and Slash now being mentioned as founding members is just down to dodgy Spanish translation? ?

Looks like it, because in the English press release for this show it says: the Mexico City date marks the fifth scheduled appearance in April of the iconic lineup featuring founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan.

I would be surprised if Axl were to be as imprecise as to say Duff and Slash are founding members of GN'R. It would give them a lot more power than I think he is wiling to relinquish, and it would be factually incorrect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Looks like it, because in the English press release for this show it says: the Mexico City date marks the fifth scheduled appearance in April of the iconic lineup featuring founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan.

I would be surprised if Axl were to be as imprecise as to say Duff and Slash are founding members of GN'R. It would give them a lot more power than I think he is wiling to relinquish, and it would be factually incorrect.

The email I got from Nightrain (English and Spanish) in both case it says founding members Axl, Slash and Duff.