Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I'd really love to read a lot of the topics regarding social media in here, but its so cluttered and 374 pages deep its a cluster fuck and you don't even know whats been talked about and whos replying to what, especially if you're busy working and come back a few days later its chalk full of "what the hell is going on" and then I gotta go back and read 50 pages of bs to get to the meat & potatoes of several topics. I'm not trying to be a jerk but this is the worst organization of topics I've EVER seen in a forum and I've been a member on over 50 forums and read countless hundreds more, please somebody fix it!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

I'd really love to read a lot of the topics regarding social media in here, but its so cluttered and 374 pages deep its a cluster fuck and you don't even know whats been talked about and whos replying to what, especially if you're busy working and come back a few days later its chalk full of "what the hell is going on" and then I gotta go back and read 50 pages of bs to get to the meat & potatoes of several topics. I'm not trying to be a jerk but this is the worst organization of topics I've EVER seen in a forum and I've been a member on over 50 forums and read countless hundreds more, please somebody fix it!

Welcome to the jungle baby!

• Like 2

It is a tad bit cluttered in here to be honest and it goes off topic many times I've been a member since 2003, this profile since 2005, and while it is my go to forum for GNR I have to sorta agree with the poster above. Hell I got to see GNR in 2014 in vegas Cuz of a ticket  contest on here, which thanks so much.

2 hours ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

If the bands own social media can be nonsensical, why can't the thread be nonsensical as well? 

3 hours ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

I hear you. You should try moderating it! Lol

The problem is, we try doing it any other way and we would end up with a separate thread for every tweet by band members past and present, many of which aren't exactly newsworthy.

I'm sure the staff team would consider suggestions for improvement. Add them to the thread in Support if you have some.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Maybe have one thread with the tweets hit. And another about the discussion on those things

The problem I see with that is unless the tweet hit thread was kept locked and updated by staff only it would be used exactly as this one, the tweets would have to be reposted on the discussion thread or it wouldn't make sense, so we would end up with two rambling threads on the subject.

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Lol reunion is already breaking down.

Slash wishes Axl a happy birthday but DOESN'T @his name. He tweeted Duff's name specifically yesterday. This is that kind of shady passive agressive shit Axl always talked about Slash doing. 

That doesn't make any sense.

At least he didn't call him ''the ginger'' this time...

Edited by AslatIE

41 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Lol reunion is already breaking down.

Slash wishes Axl a happy birthday but DOESN'T @his name. He tweeted Duff's name specifically yesterday. This is that kind of shady passive agressive shit Axl always talked about Slash doing. 

No.  Just no.  smh

• Like 1