Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? Because they made a few posts directed at fans going to shows in a Spanish speaking market?

But not everyone speaks Spanish and the shows are open also for foreigners so maybe it should be billingual at least so that everyone could understand what they announce? English is the "international" language after all... And do they use French when announcing shows in France or Hungarian when announcing shows in Hungary? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Asia said:

But not everyone speaks Spanish and the shows are open also for foreigners so maybe it should be billingual at least so that everyone could understand what they announce? English is the "international" language after all... And do they use French when announcing shows in France or Hungarian when announcing shows in Hungary? 

I just think you're over thinking this one a little. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, axlslash said:

He just wants to make America great again, that's all. Speaking Spanish makes America less great. Duh.

Yup, cause I'm American... I've never even been there and English isn't my native language. So, wrong conclusion. 

Maybe I am overthinking, yet I would like all the information on the official pages of an American band to be understandable for me since I devoted my time and energy to learn the English language and I don't feel like learning Spanish now. Just my feelings on this. But I'm not saying that is an important issue and too much time's been already devoted to that so end of topic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The announcement should be in Americanish: ''The show is like sooooooooo happening and will totally kick ass''.

I vote the language chosen is Kardashian: "Dolls, the show is happening. Bible".

• Like 1

Maybe after trying to speak spanish during the UYI tour he decided to take lessons:lol:

Seriously, last summer y went to a Slash concert in France and when I was trying to buy the tikets every web was in French (I first went to a spanish Fnac to ask if they sold tickets for foreign countries' shows, but they told me that they didn't) luckily, I've got a basic level of French, but it would have been better if it was in English too (just in case, because you have to do payments to get the tickets and you can press a wrong button)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

http://www.laweekly.com/music/6-reasons-the-grammys-might-not-suck-this-year-6596581

The Hollywood Vampires, the Sunset Strip supergroup featuring Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper, Joe Perry of Aerosmith, and the Guns N' Roses rhythm section of Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan, have promised to perform a medley of their original song "As Bad As I Am" and the late, great Lemmy's most famous speed metal assault, "Ace of Spades." If we're really lucky, Axl himself will stumble out and duet with Cooper on lead vocals, but even if he doesn't, it will be nice to see the patron saint of the Rainbow Bar & Grill honored by his peers (and fine, Johnny, you can come, too) in front of a prime time audience.

So how likely do you think this is?