Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, denin said:

It's real.

Chopaway,com used to be an Izzy-endorsed fansite.

It just makes no sense... Why would he choose to open a twitter account right now, and the first thing he chose to do is unverify the rumours? I bet he turned down 10000 interviews with the same subject. I'll be waiting for some more reliable confirmation..

• Like 3

Because he walks to his own tune and isn't going to let the management team dictate when he needs to keep quiet.

His probably pissed with all the attention, and this is a sure way to let people know, with out him having to do an interview not to get their hopes up he's not involved yet.

Hi there!

At this point in time I`m not involved in the upcoming 2016 gigs . I`ve been writing new material but I have not been writing or recording anything with the GNR guys . I`m starting a twitter account @IzzyStradlin999 to drop a bit of info here and there as needed . Big "thank you" to all the people who have asked about my involvement in April shows !

If anything changes I`ll contact you

spread the word

Cheers

Izzy

Source: Izzy :mosh:

All you Twitter users get following..... @IzzyStradlin999

Edited by AtariLegend

20 minutes ago, Duwz said:

It just makes no sense... Why would he choose to open a twitter account right now, and the first thing he chose to do is unverify the rumours? I bet he turned down 10000 interviews with the same subject. I'll be waiting for some more reliable confirmation..

Why would Izzy do an interview to announce that he isn't part of the reunion?

He pretty much only communicates through Chopaway, so if they say it's him, then it's him.

And if what he's saying is true, then it's a shame, but I hope people don't start blaming Axl, Slash and Duff. This is clearly Izzy's choice.

Will Fortus now play a bigger role?

Edited by Babooshka

4 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Why would Izzy do an interview to announce that he isn't part of the reunion?

He pretty much only communicates through Chopaway, so if they say it's him, then it's him.

And if what he's saying is true, then it's a shame, but I hope people don't start blaming Axl, Slash and Duff. This is clearly Izzy's choice, whatever the reasons.

Because that's what people usually do. The news websites, rock media in general, do this kind of stuff, it happens all the time. It'd hit a larger amount of people, and everyone interested would know that he's not part of it, if this was his intention tweeting 'bout that. 

I just don't buy it, if it's real, after some confirmation I can rely on: nice, we just found where Izzy is.

Edited by Duwz

This is all very odd...he says fact I've no involvement at this point in time (in the April shows).  Then he has sent a tweet at a rolling stone dude saying he's opened this account to keep people updated on April gigs.

like he's getting ready to say he's involved...this is how I'm reading it.

He surely didn't just now decide "hey it's time I join Twitter to update people on my gigs and my non-involvement in GnR".  That's so not izzy like.

• Like 1

IF Izzy's not involved then I think only for buisness reasons.

This reunion's running under the old membership so Axl, Slash and Duff are equal partners whereas Izzy would be a hired hand unless the three big egos would allow him to join as equal partner too. But that would mean this is a real "band-thing" again, without much interest for the buisness and I can't see that ever happen.

In my opinion that's the biggest issue with Izzy and to be honest I'd totally understand him.

I have to say if this is real I'm bummed out. I can't believe the others wouldn't want him involved equally.

This is possibly about Izzy not wanting to go back to the whole industry hoopla, which is understandable but disappointing non the less. Not just for Izzy fans but I'm not anywhere near as excited for new music now as I was 1 hour ago.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Izzy "absolutely" being involved in the shows that Izzy just said he's not involved in.

We do not know for sure just yet, as another pointed out Izzy says he started a twitter account to update people on April shows.  What shows?   Hmmmmmm

So after all these years out of no where Izzy made a twitter account just to say something about he is not involved with GNR? I thought he din't care. or maybe its better late than never?

It seems fake to me. I guess a few years ago there was a fake Izzy interview where everyone believed that its real. 

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

I would guess the 2 April shows in Vegas, the 2 in Mexico and the 2 at Coachella...

Right but he said he is not involved so it is curious to say the least.  I have not personally confirmed it is him yet although chopaway has no reason to bullshit us

4 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Right but he said he is not involved so it is curious to say the least.  I have not personally confirmed it is him yet although chopaway has no reason to bullshit us

Ive always seen Chopaway a reliable site and like the only hardcore Izzy fan site when it used to be. You will personally confirm it with whom?