Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

WTF!!??

Axl on twitter? NEVER would have thought that. But it's cool. Go Axl!

I'm hoping for some less generic messages in the future, would be even cooler.

# "Went for a pint earlier. The barmaid made a complete arse of pouring it resulting in the pint having no head. I went mental & caused a riot in the pub. Fun times." 2 hours ago from Tweetie

Hu hu, maybe not the right timing, but definitely funny...

Twitter is only gay when "non-celebs" use it.

Twitter is a nice thing for celebrities to keep up with their fan base on a daily or weekly basis.

I think it'd incredibly dumb when "regular" people use it though.

[/quote)

:lol: How old are you to be that awestruck by celebrity? "Gay" :rofl-lol: give me a break... If you're nolder than twelve you should be ashamed of yourself. Anyway,good night :kiss: .

Twitter is a nice thing for celebrities to keep up with their fan base on a daily or weekly basis.

:lol: How old are you to be that awestruck by celebrity? "Gay" :rofl-lol: give me a break... If you're nolder than twelve you should be ashamed of yourself. Anyway,good night :kiss: .

I happen to agree with Black Sabbath.

I think Twitter is only viable for people who work in fields, such as entertainment or journalism, where they want to keep fans and/or readers updated on what they're doing.

I think it's a really smart move for Axl if he continues to keep it updated.

However, I think it's really lame for average people to post every half hour to tell bored friends that they're heading to a bar to get hammered or are sitting at home watching TV. :no:

I think Twitter is only viable for people who work in fields, such as entertainment or journalism, where they want to keep fans and/or readers updated on what they're doing.

However, I think it's really lame for average people to post every half hour to tell bored friends that they're heading to a bar to get hammered or are sitting at home watching TV.

:no:

I agree. Facebook status updates are different because it's more personal. But with Twitter, where it's only txt updates, unless you're important it's totally fucking usless. I think it's ok to @ celebs if you have a MSG but if you're some rando posting "going to walmart!!" gtfo.

[/quote)

Learn2quote

Also, I wasn't the original person who said it was "gay".

And, who said I was "awestruck"? I just said it's a good thing for celebrities to use to keep up with their fan base.

However, I think it's really lame for average people to post every half hour to tell bored friends that they're heading to a bar to get hammered or are sitting at home watching TV. :no:

I used Twitter to post my homework. Does that fall under gay or celebrity? :lol:

I used Twitter to post my homework. Does that fall under gay or celebrity? :lol:

youre a mygnrforum new pictures thread celebritiy so i think your ok.

Twitter's for fags, what a pointless site. i guess it saves axl from coming here, so i guess axl has a use for it, you know keep all his nutter fans in check.

i know i don't feel the need to tell everyone about changing my jocks, or if i had a shower , if i did i'd just be another casualty of society

Not an Axl update as such... but Ron posted this:

@axlrose Perry Mason

Perhaps they'll be performing that at the next show? rock1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_mason

hmm it was an old detective character...

doesn't really seem like a song title, could be an inside joke, maybe axl and bumble were just talkin bout it one day then axl forgot the show name and asked bumble and bumble decided to tweet it.

most likely though is that this detective is making a guest appearance at the next show B)

Not an Axl update as such... but Ron posted this:

@axlrose Perry Mason

Perhaps they'll be performing that at the next show? rock1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_mason

hmm it was an old detective character...

doesn't really seem like a song title, could be an inside joke, maybe axl and bumble were just talkin bout it one day then axl forgot the show name and asked bumble and bumble decided to tweet it.

most likely though is that this detective is making a guest appearance at the next show B)

FYI,

Perry Mason is a semi-legendary Ozzy Osbourne song.

but whatever. don't think they'd play it and I think its some inside joke just like you said.

Twitter's for fags, what a pointless site. i guess it saves axl from coming here, so i guess axl has a use for it, you know keep all his nutter fans in check.

i know i don't feel the need to tell everyone about changing my jocks, or if i had a shower , if i did i'd just be another casualty of society

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=147397&hl=twitter&st=0

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/18h81

On Monday 14th December 2009, @axlrose said:

Seoul, S. Korea!! Fantastic energy w/the fans! They really took over KOHD. Hearing'em singing along w/Better was a surprise! It was fun playin' Sorry live n' my bad not goin' longer. A few mixups n' gear needed 2 ship but it feels good sortin' out the sheeot. It's such a different animal in the heat of the moment n' gettin' into our reformulated chemistry! 1st indoor gig w/new staging! R in-ear mix was like listenin' to an old AM transistor radio somewhere between bein' in a barrel of toxic waste at the bottom of the ocean or while takin' a "dump" in a tin shitter while a pack of Zombies r beatin' on it with iron pipes! Ha!! Soon as we can stop ingesting this Korean BBQ (Shoutout 2 the 2Jens!!) it's on to Osaka, JP where we got r own brand of KamiKaze 2 unleash!!

[/quote)

Learn2quote

Also, I wasn't the original person who said it was "gay".

And, who said I was "awestruck"? I just said it's a good thing for celebrities to use to keep up with their fan base.

Ok, man. Sorry, I was quite drunk whwn I wrote this. Might also explain the excessive use of emoticons B)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/18h81

On Monday 14th December 2009, @axlrose said:

Seoul, S. Korea!! Fantastic energy w/the fans! They really took over KOHD. Hearing'em singing along w/Better was a surprise! It was fun playin' Sorry live n' my bad not goin' longer. A few mixups n' gear needed 2 ship but it feels good sortin' out the sheeot. It's such a different animal in the heat of the moment n' gettin' into our reformulated chemistry! 1st indoor gig w/new staging! R in-ear mix was like listenin' to an old AM transistor radio somewhere between bein' in a barrel of toxic waste at the bottom of the ocean or while takin' a "dump" in a tin shitter while a pack of Zombies r beatin' on it with iron pipes! Ha!! Soon as we can stop ingesting this Korean BBQ (Shoutout 2 the 2Jens!!) it's on to Osaka, JP where we got r own brand of KamiKaze 2 unleash!!

Just read that also - made me do a big LOL in work. I thought it may be a PR doing the updates as is the case with lots of celebs but this seems tobe the real deal.

his really trying to connect with the fans which is good :thumbsup:

It does seem that way, which is awesome. For the longest time i remember people saying "Axl doesn't care about the fans" but in reality i think he does, more so than most. Who else would stop a song because a fan was getting beaten up by security just for having a little fun? I've seen Axl shake hands with the audience whilst singing, most other artists wouldn't do that in fear of being pulled into the crowd. Who else would come onto our forum and answer our questions(for free), when he could've gotten paid big $ to do so by Rolling Stone or some other magazine. I know he has walked out of shows and stuff like that but i think the good outweighs the bad, my opinion. He really does seem happy these days :)