Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

My theory is there will be two bands... The "touring band" and the Coachella lineup. Since Coachella is such a HUGE event and close to LA, this is where you will get the AFD 5 and some UYI lineups to make everyone happy... Then, when the stadium tour starts, you get the Franks, Richards, Pittman's plus Slash, Duff, Axl etc...

Axl is the boss.

Slash and Duff are now employees, most probably getting a fee per show and costs and expenses paid for. That's what also sealed the deal, any late ending fees will come solely out of Axl's pockets.

Coachella put in the bid for Axl to at least reunite with Slash and Duff, therefore he struck a deal with them. All other options, that includes Izzy, Sorum and Adler, have to be negotiated upon and willing to play for a small fee. Because Coachella offered big money for Axl, Slash and Duff on a stage together. Any negotiation will preceed with a contract forcing absolute secrecy and silence, failure to do so after signing will hold one accountable for any monetary damage and a fine that should be at least a couple of million dollars.

Surely the percentages of the paid fees will never be disclosed, however I think Axl will be walking away with at least 50% of the earnings. But he has artistic integrity right? I'm sorry, but this whole "reunion" is a cashgrab for Axl.

Axl is the boss.

Slash and Duff are now employees, most probably getting a fee per show and costs and expenses paid for. That's what also sealed the deal, any late ending fees will come solely out of Axl's pockets.

Coachella put in the bid for Axl to at least reunite with Slash and Duff, therefore he struck a deal with them. All other options, that includes Izzy, Sorum and Adler, have to be negotiated upon and willing to play for a small fee. Because Coachella offered big money for Axl, Slash and Duff on a stage together. Any negotiation will preceed with a contract forcing absolute secrecy and silence, failure to do so after signing will hold one accountable for any monetary damage and a fine that should be at least a couple of million dollars.

Surely the percentages of the paid fees will never be disclosed, however I think Axl will be walking away with at least 50% of the earnings. But he has artistic integrity right? I'm sorry, but this whole "reunion" is a cashgrab for Axl.

I think the original partnership between Axl/Slash/Duff is back. The old logo they are using is owned by them jointly, which is why Axl wasn't using it for the last 15+ years. They also have a new GN'R slot machine coming out that features only pictures of Axl, Slash, and Duff. My guess is Axl gets slightly more than the others due to his leverage with the GN'R name, but I doubt he is getting 50% or more.

• Like 1

The old partnership gave Slash and Axl exactly equal decision rights. So, since they probably renewed this partnership, calling Slash an Axl employee is a little ridiculous...

Axl is the boss.

Edited by Asia

So the management finally cracks down on loose lips and Pitman chucks a wobbly. He shouldn't have been talking about this shit anyway, let alone whinging about being told to shut up. The management should have ensured that band members remained quiet beforehand though. They can't do anything right, lol.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Why hasnt richard or frank removed Guns N Roses from their social media bios?

Because they are in the band, duh?

So why are they allowed to and not pitman...Dumbass.

Because maybe he isn't in the band! Or maybe he is just being angry, like you.

The theory being thrown here is that management only wants to mention the big 3 as to who is in the band now.

So if they told Pitman to shut up about it why not the other two? Even if they ARE in the band.

Whatever is going on I hope he is out. I really know nothing about him personally but not having him up there ruining songs will make this whole "reunion" seem much more legitimate.. Guns N' Roses doesn't need a damn synth player.

Edited by Tom-Ass

Axl is the boss.

I think the original partnership between Axl/Slash/Duff is back. The old logo they are using is owned by them jointly, which is why Axl wasn't using it for the last 15+ years. They also have a new GN'R slot machine coming out that features only pictures of Axl, Slash, and Duff. My guess is Axl gets slightly more than the others due to his leverage with the GN'R name, but I doubt he is getting 50% or more.

There is absolutely no way that Duff and Slash are equal partners. Absolutely no way, the press release already says it all noting Axl as a founding member and Slash and Duff as former members.

Do you really think that Axl would give away his right to perform as Guns N' Roses in any incarnation? That's delusional. Especially if we're talking about Axl Rose.

Axl is the boss.

There is absolutely no way that Duff and Slash are equal partners. Absolutely no way, the press release already says it all noting Axl as a founding member and Slash and Duff as former members.

Do you really think that Axl would give away his right to perform as Guns N' Roses in any incarnation? That's delusional. Especially if we're talking about Axl Rose.

Axl owns the name. But that doesn't have anything to do with the partnership, which he left in the mid-90's. His ownership of the name just guarantees that he will always be part of GN'R no matter who else is in. I don't think they would be using the old logo if there wasn't some kind of reformation of the old partnership. You can bet your ass he would have been using that logo for the last 15 years if he was allowed to do so on his own.

Axl is the boss.

Axl owns the name. But that doesn't have anything to do with the partnership, which he left in the mid-90's. His ownership of the name just guarantees that he will always be part of GN'R no matter who else is in. I don't think they would be using the old logo if there wasn't some kind of reformation of the old partnership. You can bet your ass he would have been using that logo for the last 15 years if he was allowed to do so on his own.

He can't use the logo without Slash's consent because the logo was made by Slash.

And yeah, partnership and rights to the name are two different things. Axl may leave the partnership at any time and take the name with him. We had the document of the old partnership here on the forum in the past and it stated clearly that all decisions are made by Axl and Slash and in case of a lack of consensus, Duff decides.

They probably renowed that partnership, don't know if changed anything but doubt it. Unless they gave Duff more decisive rights.

There was a poster named sp1at on GN'R Evolution who is pretty tied in to the concert side of the music industry. He said the contract for Coachella is between the promoters, Axl, Slash, and Duff. Everyone else will be a hired hand in some form or fashion. To me that implies the old partnership is back. Otherwise the contract would only be Axl and the promoters with Slash/Duff relegated to hired hands.

Aren't there 2 legal entities named Guns N' Roses? I thought one was the nu-Guns band which Axl holds the rights to, and the other was the partnership of Axl, Slash and Duff, who have to collectively sign off on all old-Guns merch, etc.?

• Like 2

Aren't there 2 legal entities named Guns N' Roses? I thought one was the nu-Guns band which Axl holds the rights to, and the other was the partnership of Axl, Slash and Duff, who have to collectively sign off on all old-Guns merch, etc.?

That is correct. Regarding the notion of equal partners, when was it ever equal? Axl has always tried to control the band even when it was the original 5. I mean he slathered that synth crap on the Paradise City guitars without asking the other guys and we are stuck with it almost 30 years later (the only misstep on that album IMHO). You had the horn section during the UYI Tour, which the other partners didn't want. He is the frontman and that means he will throw his weight around even if the partnership is active.

What a cock.

Thats what she said.

In 2004

That is correct. Regarding the notion of equal partners, when was it ever equal? Axl has always tried to control the band even when it was the original 5. I mean he slathered that synth crap on the Paradise City guitars without asking the other guys and we are stuck with it almost 30 years later (the only misstep on that album IMHO). You had the horn section during the UYI Tour, which the other partners didn't want. He is the frontman and that means he will throw his weight around even if the partnership is active.

Slash suggested the horns contrary to popular belief that it was Axl

yup, that synth addition sounds like Pitman light...or like van Halen jump...gnr was always overproduced but they made it sound perfect back then, because there were guys in the Band who said: Axl, no, lets do it this way. In nugnr he always had employees in his gnr Inc. Just look at Goldstein, Merck and azoff...they tried to tame Axl, but they had no Chance.

Yes and on an off-topic, so exciting to see another "gunner" excited about Shenmue III. My favorite game series ever. Changed my life as a kid. It's like my bible. I learned a lot of good life lessons from there. I admit I cried when the announced the third, finally.

If I hadn't spent so much on the Kickstarter I could afford Coachella tickets :P ... Ah well, Shenmue III and reunion of Axl and Slash were both events I never thought would happen, two things I wanted most (third being a new Guns N' Roses album, which sounds increasingly likely, too). You know Yu Suzuki was a huge Ritchie Blackmore fan? Parents didn't let him see Deep Purple when they came to Japan, though, poor guy.

What a cock.

Thats what she said.

In 2004

Slash suggested the horns contrary to popular belief that it was Axl

Didn't Slash say in his book that it was Axl's idea but that he (Axl) gave Slash the task of finding the horn players and that's why he chose all barely dressed women? I gathered that Slash was indifferent to the idea and thought what the hell, but that it originated from Axl.