Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Pitman refering to that 80s band must mean it will be the afd line up at coachella or izzy has turned up at

Yeah that seemed harsh there are other ways to blow off steam at mgmt. Or maybe Axl really did kick his ass out. :blink:

If he got kicked out, the post would have been a lot worse than that. I think the 80s statement is a stab at people not considering the band from 2001-2015 a legitimate band.

I guess you could understand the frustration. Maybe on the tour they will get equal billing.

Dave may or may not be reading these threads and pissing himself laughing at people taking his bait.

I can't believe people believe it, pretty sure he can't either.

Saw one where he's like "yeah we'll also play Infectious Grooves tracks too" or something along those lines :lol:

just hope the junkie is also out

Tommy Stinson is definitely out. Duff Mckagan will be on bass. :)

Who, the guy who once got so loaded his pancreas blew up? and he's playing with the guy who was clinically dead at one point because of heroin, right?

It feels incredibly stupid, petty and time wasting for anybody here to be going around calling people junkies, especially in this bitchy, territorial way which has the forum at it's absolute worst.

Edited by mr-fukaji

Who, the guy who once got so loaded his pancreas blew up? and he's playing with the guy who was clinically dead at one point because of heroin, right?

It feels incredibly stupid, petty and time wasting for anybody here to be going around calling people junkies, especially in this bitchy, territorial way which has the forum at it's absolute worst.

None of them are junkies at this moment in time so not sure what your point is. Oh wait, I know what your point is. Too bad you're not too bright to see you have done exactly what you criticize other people for.

Cry me a river. Nobody forces you to post in this forum that is at its absolute worst.

There will be no press conference and no interviews according to Eddie Trunk (twitter). He said "GNR aren't doing any press".

That's ridiculous.

They should have had their shit together and they should be out there doing conferences, interviews and other stuff to drum up interest. Sure, i can understand wanting Slash and Axl to make their first public appearance on stage, but no press or PR stuff for the band is odd considering this is some of the biggest news in recent music/rock history.

If they don't do any press prior to Coachella, they sure as hell should do it afterwards following into any planned tours.

There will be no press conference and no interviews according to Eddie Trunk (twitter). He said "GNR aren't doing any press".

That's ridiculous.

They should have had their shit together and they should be out there doing conferences, interviews and other stuff to drum up interest. Sure, i can understand wanting Slash and Axl to make their first public appearance on stage, but no press or PR stuff for the band is odd considering this is some of the biggest news in recent music/rock history.

If they don't do any press prior to Coachella, they sure as hell should do it afterwards following into any planned tours.

I can understand why they're not doing it, though. I mean, do they really need it? Maybe they will do PR stuff after Coachella -- if they have planned a world tour or something like that.

That's ridiculous.

I can understand why they're not doing it, though. I mean, do they really need it? Maybe they will do PR stuff after Coachella -- if they have planned a world tour or something like that.

I think they only thing we need to know is the complete line up. But something tells me we will find out when they take the stage at Coachella

Seems like they just want peace. If it wasn't for Coachella that always announces at this time, they would probably anounce a week in advance.

The way it is now, it goes pretty unnoticed. Not too much hype. Once they start appearing on TV, doing interviews, conferences, photo sessions, let alone live performances, things will explode and probably they hate the idea... Especially the idea of being asked the details of their reconciliation and their conflict.

• Like 1

Too bad you're not too bright to see you have done exactly what you criticize other people for.

Sorry mate let me clarify - calling any of them junkies is stupid in the first place, following up with such an odd, smug response to it is as stupid. Cheers.

Don't talk like that about yourself. It's not sane, or rational.

Cheers mate.

Not smart at all.

If Axl and Slash want their first public appearance to be at Coachella... Fine. But that doesn't mean they can't do separate interviews or promotions on their own.

It's like the Best Buy deal, once Coachella is sold out what's the point in promo?

No, it isn't like the Best Buy deal, because Chinese Democracy Best Buy Exclusive copies can still be found in Dollar Tree stores for 99 cents. :)

Where, i need at least 2 more.

I already said where. Read my post again.

Not smart at all.

If Axl and Slash want their first public appearance to be at Coachella... Fine. But that doesn't mean they can't do separate interviews or promotions on their own.

the secrecy thing is gettin fucking annoying.

It's like the Best Buy deal, once Coachella is sold out what's the point in promo?

No, it isn't like the Best Buy deal, because Chinese Democracy Best Buy Exclusive copies can still be found in Dollar Tree stores for 99 cents. :)

True but they get the money upfront. So what are you promoting? The more they talk the more likely Axl will cancel it and sue himself.

Maybe closer to the time. But do they even agree on what happened and why this is happening?

I asked for a more specific answer. I did see CD for sale on different stores, but fucking expensive.

I asked for a more specific answer. I did see CD for sale on different stores, but fucking expensive.

More specific than the name of the store? I found some copies earlier this year in one of the stores in NJ, I'm not sure if you can enter the US, though - that's where Dollar Tree stores are located.

I guess CD copies are expensive in South America. :shrugs:

True but they get the money upfront. So what are you promoting? The more they talk the more likely Axl will cancel it and sue himself.

Maybe closer to the time. But do they even agree on what happened and why this is happening?

You don't promote a record just because the store needs to sell the copies they bought, no? I'm not a musician but I think that's not how it works. I don't know, you said it was like the Best Buy deal and it isn't like the Best Buy deal.

There's no need for them to promote the reunion because it isn't a reunion. It is more like Axl, Slash and Duff playing together for the first time in 23 years. Coachella is sold out. They will promote a tour if that's in the works.

Promote what, though? Coachella is already sold out and there's no definite info on a tour, maybe they don't even have anything locked down yet, so I dunno what they're supposed to promote?

Exactly. They will save all the reasons and chat shows to promo the US Tour. Coachella deal is done.

More specific than the name of the store? I found some copies earlier this year in one of the stores in NJ, I'm not sure if you can enter the US, though - that's where Dollar Tree stores are located.

Earlier this year in NJ? Like, last week?

yes, here they are very expensive. I thought you were from Peru? They are less pricey there?

Earlier this year in NJ? Like, last week?

yes, here they are very expensive. I thought you were from Peru? They are less pricey there?

No, more like 2 weeks ago.

It doesn't matter where I am from. If you can't enter the US, you can always ask a friend to get one for you. You can't find CD copies in Peruvian stores. Nobody cares about that album over there and piracy has killed record businesses too.

Its like the Best Buy deal in that the band get the money whatever happens. There's no point in huge promo.

But if the show was half full and their end was on the line you can bet they'd be doing more press.

Like Axl went on Kimmel to promo Vegas, sell tickets.

Just a theory.