Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Axl / GNR Member's Social Media Update Discussion

GNR News

• Please log in to reply
4641 replies to this topic

RJ88

RJ88

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts
  • 30-December 03
Twitter is still gay
I just gotta make sure the girls stay off the pole and the boys stay off the pipe and I'll get a raise!

Jackie Moon

Jackie Moon

Canadian Gangster

• Supporters
  • 9,332 posts
  • 30-May 07

Don't you just love this guy? I truly think he does give a fuck about what the fans think of him, and that he makes the world out of stuff we say on these boards.

Could it be the tide has finally turned for Axl Rose and GNR, and the world is ready to embrace our one & only true R&R icon once again????

You go and tear it up in Korea Mr. Rose, and while you're at it, you can do The Netherlands as well!!!!

no tide has turned, nothing has changed besides the 'on tour' status. this is how it usually goes:

axl is on tour / in communication and people are ' yay axl! he cares! hes great!'

then in between those stages, he becomes some sort of villain, like its an evil ploy of secrecy. just a few months ago people were talking as if axl would never been seen or heard from again. its ridiculous. and at those times this news section is on life support and we have to deal with bba claiming no body cares and new guns is dead.

didnt look that way yesterday.

i dont think the down times are indicative of public interest / axls feelings towards us.

# "Went for a pint earlier. The barmaid made a complete arse of pouring it resulting in the pint having no head. I went mental & caused a riot in the pub. Fun times." 2 hours ago from Tweetie

um yeah thats not funny and this isnt open mic night. if you want to make up fake tweets you should probably make a thread for it. then i can avoid it.

68219461.gif

creepin' my way to 10,000 posts

(figuratively and literally)

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,366 posts
  • 10-July 07
Twitter is only gay when "non-celebs" use it.

Twitter is a nice thing for celebrities to keep up with their fan base on a daily or weekly basis.

I think it'd incredibly dumb when "regular" people use it though.

axlthebravestsoul

axlthebravestsoul

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 12-December 08

Axl always cared. He won't let us direct his artistic career of course and choose anything for him, but of course he cares about us. If he didn't he wasn't putting up such a grade A performance with the band like he did. The negativity does put him down and that's why some people gotta stop it from now on. If we stop bitching so much and start being just fans, like we're being in the last two days, maybe he'll get closer to us.

Exactly my thoughts.
Leave rock n' roll to Americans

appetite4illusions

appetite4illusions

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,719 posts
  • 01-April 07

Twitter is still gay

In principle, I agree it is. Twitter is part of the globalization of celebrity culture, and it promotes the growing mania around texting and conversation distilled to a mere sentence.

But this is an indication that Axl intends to end his reign of incommunicado. Even a sentence or two of his laconic humor is enough to placate the fanbase; let them know he's still breathing.
<i>"He did a good thing here." - Chuck Klosterman</i>

OTHAFA

OTHAFA

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • 27-March 04
I don't see why Axl updating his Twitter is so surprising. It's something he can easily do while laying in bed and eating cheetos. No effort required.
"Limp Bizkit is fun." - W. Axl Rose, 1999.

PTZ

PTZ

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • 22-June 09
I think Axl will keep twittering a while. At least through the tour. I wish Izzy would come back to Twitter.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,366 posts
  • 10-July 07

I don't see why Axl updating his Twitter is so surprising. It's something he can easily do while laying in bed and eating cheetos. No effort required.

It's just the fact that he's actually doing it. We just got the first pictures of the guy for the first time in almost three years, so yeah, him actually using twitter is pretty crazy.

henfjel

henfjel

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • 14-May 09

It's just the fact that he's actually doing it. We just got the first pictures of the guy for the first time in almost three years, so yeah, him actually using twitter is pretty crazy.

yeah, we really haven't heard much from him the last like, what? 15 years? and now he has been silent for 9 months and all the sudden he is on twitter.
it came as quite a shock to everyone here.
Posted Image Guns N' Roses - Axl Rose, DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, Ron Thal, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer,Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --

What a way to kick things off!! What an amazing time!! Thank U Taipei!! Thank U Taiwan!! Thanks 2 everyone 4 all the incredible support n' positive comments!! "Talkin' About"...Tommy Fuckin' Stinson!! The best December Rain ever!! Hope 2 see U again!! Wanna tear it up in Korea!!

He just updated again B)

henfjel

henfjel

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • 14-May 09

What a way to kick things off!! What an amazing time!! Thank U Taipei!! Thank U Taiwan!! Thanks 2 everyone 4 all the incredible support n' positive comments!! "Talkin' About"...Tommy Fuckin' Stinson!! The best December Rain ever!! Hope 2 see U again!! Wanna tear it up in Korea!!

He just updated again B)

thats 2 hours old
Posted Image Guns N' Roses - Axl Rose, DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, Ron Thal, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer,Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman

shane369

shane369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • 21-February 05
For someone that's Familiar with Twitter once I click follow, do they have to add me like on myspace? I clicked follow but not showing up.

dancingwasteland

dancingwasteland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • 04-March 09
As cool as this is I must admit I do find it a bit funny that it only took him three tweets before he required an extended character service. :xmassrudolph:
"Existential? I've heard that word once. It means like, cool."

henfjel

henfjel

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • 14-May 09

For someone that's Familiar with Twitter once I click follow, do they have to add me like on myspace? I clicked follow but not showing up.

twitter has nothing to do with myspace, so probably no. it should not happen anything when you click follow. you only get tweets from them shown at your page

Orsys

Orsys

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,869 posts
  • 30-May 09

wow his last twit is so happy and positive
im so glad he's feeling good about the tour and haveing fun

I love that guy!

Yeah, he seemed so stoked. I wish I was Sasha after that concert! :devil:
Don't believe everything you think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GNR, News