Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

9 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

^^^ exactly, especially since he said that referencing a meetup in the quoted tweet. No way they play that Adler show a week before. It'll be an interview at best, or a live broadcast of his show. 

I would agree the Adler show is probably just that....however there is a way it isn't.

33 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I take that to mean he's (Eddie) gonna have a pre-show party or event in Vegas that weekend... I don't take it to mean any kind of GnR show.

I think that screams interview with the band before what you said. Notice trunk says "pre Vegas".

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Maybe he should extend his vacation until May..... 

If this dude is part of the reunion I would think he would be practicing daily with Slash and Duff to get some chemistry going.. Not in Australia...

I concur. It does seem to be odd timing. Who knows though - maybe they all decided to take a week off. It wouldn't really throw off their rehearsals too much. The main person who needs to rehearse isn't there anyways.

Frank should be focusing all his energy on rehearsals instead of wasting time taking pics with his 'hot gf' in Australia.

Carl Palmer spoke about the lack of rehearsals for the Emerson, Lake & Palmer reunion in 2010, stating, 'We rehearsed for five weeks, which I could never understand why we needed to rehearse that long,” “Upon hearing the recordings, maybe five weeks was not long enough. It wasn’t to the standard that I liked and I didn’t think it sounded that good.”

Edited by sonofnazareth

3 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

I don't think so, Trunk is like one of us, while Kurt was/is a real journalist.

Trunk has connections to all ties to GNR management at the moment. That's a little more than just a fan like you and I 

I quickly checked adler facebook and website and there is nothing about a show at the whiskey on there, what could that mean? Lack of promotion/late promotion? No official Adler show at all but a very strange surprise by Guns performing with the AFD 5 that day right at the place this band should perform!? under Adler after no sign about steven involved no nothing with that logo and all...? One can speculate right?

Yea, I really don't think there's gonna be a surprise show. People keep saying 'it could be invite-only', but by this point they've gotta be doing the full on-stage rehearsals, why would they not just invite people to that?

Also, consider the source of that article, Archtop, and take it with a grain of salt...

• Like 2

I paid top dollar to see the first show. I don't want some surprise BS LEAKED TO YOUTUBE. give the Vegas fans that special gift of being there that historic night. If it is night 2 there is no history. The history will be made at the first gig. Not the second. 

• Like 1

I paid top dollar to see the first show. I don't want some surprise BS LEAKED TO YOUTUBE. give the Vegas fans that special gift of being there that historic night. If it is night 2 there is no history. The history will be made at the first gig. Not the second. 

11 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

I agree. To announce another show before the Vegas shows would be a dick move. They already suckered a lot of people into Coachella who would not have gone. How about get your shit together period and announce the full dates.

10 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I agree. To announce another show before the Vegas shows would be a dick move. They already suckered a lot of people into Coachella who would not have gone. How about get your shit together period and announce the full dates.

I'd be mad considering the press release said "... regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip"