Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

9 hours ago, Bandanaman said:

I didn't say he beat any women.

Four women accused him back in the day. He ended up paying $1.5 million dollars for two of the charges to be dropped. And there were eyes witnesses to the abuse.

It is interesting that people on this forum take Axl's word as gospel that he was sexually abused as a child even though nobody was convicted and regression therapy was used to help him "remember." But they then don't believe four different women that accused Axl - even though he paid two of them off and we all know he was a violent dude who was known to have a hair trigger temper.

All that is in the past and Axl seems to have grown up and improved that area of his temper and life. Good for him. Just weird how some people act like it never happened just because it's our favorite singer. (Not saying you do that, but several guys do).

The shirt is stupid and degrading to woman. Axl should be better than that.

• Like 2

Just now, killuridols said:

PC gone amok? I don't know what that means. And no, the shirt is not fine.

Politically Correct.  IE- everyone is so sensitive and "offended" by everything.   My suggestion- if that shirt offends you then you shouldn't listen to GnR.   Just go read some of the lyrics, you'll really be upset.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Original said:

PC gone amok.  The shirt is fine.  Let it go....

It has nothing to do with being PC. It's degrading to women, especially when worn by a guy who forced his woman to go the bathroom in a kitty litter box. It's the kind of shirt a 14-year old kid would think was cool. Would you wear it to work? To your nephews birthday party? On a dinner date?

PC gone amuck? Not even close. People judging it with Rose colored  glasses? Yup. Happens a lot on here. 

8 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

It's just a shirt lol

Jesus we've been hearing shit about these shirts since 2013. Is it that big of a deal to people? lol

Lol

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

It has nothing to do with being PC. It's degrading to women, especially when worn by a guy who forced his woman to go the bathroom in a kitty litter box. It's the kind of shirt a 14-year old kid would think was cool. Would you wear it to work? To your nephews birthday party? On a dinner date?

PC gone amuck? Not even close. People judging it with Rose colored  glasses? Yup. Happens a lot on here. 

You realize he sings "turn around bitch I gotta use for you....I'm bored" right?   Should he not sing that?   And  "see me hit you...you fall down..."    Any issue with those lyrics?   Or is it just the shirt?

Edited by Original
  • Like 4

If PC had a jail sentence the whole damn band would be incarcerated for life...

Its been said a hundred times that this band was raw, from the streets of LA.  They were real dangerous mutha efers.  With the drugs, the violence, the hard core sex shit.  It was apparently all those experiences that ended up transcending into the sound that so many damn people seem to have connected with over that past 30 - 40 years now.  

I'm not defending anything.  I don't know the detailed facts.  I'm not actively looking either. Not sure I want to.

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ
  • Like 2

If anyone is offended by his shirt then you are listening to wrong band.   And good luck to you in Vegas.  Maybe try REM or some other band.  And no - what Axl did (allegedly) 30 years ago (probably while high as a kite) was not wrong....it was disgusting.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Original said:

Politically Correct.  IE- everyone is so sensitive and "offended" by everything.   My suggestion- if that shirt offends you then you shouldn't listen to GnR.   Just go read some of the lyrics, you'll really be upset.  

Politically correct my ass. This is a shirt with a terrible message on it: women are disposable, trash them. And the worst is a lot of women are killed daily due to gender violence and their killers DO throw their dead bodies in garbage cans. 

Dont tell me what to listen to. If I were a casual fan I wouldn't be in this forum. But liking GNR music doesn't make me a blind ignorant follower of everything they do. I don't like One in a Million either and I would never wear a Charles Manson shirt, like I've seen many fans wearing it just to emulate Axl.

i have developed my own personality and beliefs, some of them are totally opposite to that of Axl's or GNR and that won't prevent me from liking most of their music.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Politically correct my ass. This is a shirt with a terrible message on it: women are disposable, trash them. And the worst is a lot of women are killed daily due to gender violence and their killers DO throw their dead bodies in garbage cans. 

Dont tell me what to listen to. If I were a casual fan I wouldn't be in this forum. But liking GNR music doesn't make me a blind ignorant follower of everything they do. I don't like One in a Million either and I would never wear a Charles Manson shirt, like I've seen many fans wearing it just to emulate Axl.

i have developed my own personality and beliefs, some of them are totally opposite to that of Axl's or GNR and that won't prevent me from liking most of their music.

OK then.   Let's all sing "It's the end of the world" by REM now. And  "Everybody Hurts".  

I was wondering when the PC crowd would show up and start attacking Axl for being sexist, racist, misogynist...This proves that Guns N' Roses is offically back to it's old 80's form. Good ol'days are back ladies and gentleman.

Edited by thirdeyeuss400

5 minutes ago, Original said:

You realize he sings "turn around bitch I gotta use for you....I'm bored" right?   Should he not sing that?   And  "see me hit you...you fall down..."    Any issue with those lyrics?   Or is it just the shirt?

You equate song lyrics as being the same thing as a picture on a shirt? What message or story is Axl telling by where for a shirt with a woman stuffed in a garbage can?

Bach wore a shirt back in the day that read "AIDS kills f*gs dead"....you cool with that?

Do you think Axl has matured lyrically since 1986? Was CD filled with those same types of lyrics from Appetite and Lies? Were there lyrics on CD like the ones you listed? Were their songs on CD spouting off about n*ggers and f*ggots and the awful immigrants coming and ruining our country? 

Its ok bro. You don't have to agree with me. You guys are free to think a shirt like that is cool and badass. I don't. Some people also love the lyrics to Silkworms. The "pussy full of maggets" part is brilliant. I think some of the old songs have cringeworthy lyrics. You like them. It's OK if we don't like the same thing or agree on what is cool. ?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol

lol

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

????????????

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Can we move this argument away from the  social media thread? I think there's an Axl's attire thread up 

Agreed.

lets get back to talking about who Axl might be dating and how much he weighs!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Its ok bro. You don't have to agree with me. You guys are free to think a shirt like that is cool and badass. I don't. Some people also love the lyrics to Silkworms. The "pussy full of maggets" part is brilliant. I think some of the old songs have cringeworthy lyrics. You like them. It's OK if we don't like the same thing or agree on what is cool. ?

i think everybody is in agreement that the shirt is stupid but we'e wondering why you had to try to reprimand him for wearing it over some old shit he was accused of