Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

You equate song lyrics as being the same thing as a picture on a shirt? What message or story is Axl telling by where for a shirt with a woman stuffed in a garbage can?

Bach wore a shirt back in the day that read "AIDS kills f*gs dead"....you cool with that?

Do you think Axl has matured lyrically since 1986? Was CD filled with those same types of lyrics from Appetite and Lies? Were there lyrics on CD like the ones you listed? Were their songs on CD spouting off about n*ggers and f*ggots and the awful immigrants coming and ruining our country? 

Its ok bro. You don't have to agree with me. You guys are free to think a shirt like that is cool and badass. I don't. Some people also love the lyrics to Silkworms. The "pussy full of maggets" part is brilliant. I think some of the old songs have cringeworthy lyrics. You like them. It's OK if we don't like the same thing or agree on what is cool. ?

This is exactly the point.

Everybody was young once and made mistakes or didn't go for the best choices. We all are given the chance to mature and grow up and change to become a better person. Changing is good if it evolves who you were.

Perpetrating bad models from the past, things that don't apply or work in a society anymore is not a cool thing to do. I had hopes Axl moved on from all that hate towards women that made him suffer so much. I'm sure he wouldn't be happy to find Beta or Vanessa disposed in a garbage can, at the hands of some cruel bad man.

He used to wear amazing shirts on stage in the 90's, with really deep messages or controversial ones. I wish he went back to that instead of these cheap, uncool crap he's wearing now. Or just go back to wearing band shirts. It's quite healthier, dude.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

He used to wear amazing shirts on stage in the 90's, with really deep messages or controversial ones. I wish he went back to that instead of these cheap, uncool crap he's wearing now. Or just go back to wearing band shirts. It's quite healthier, dude.

Like wearing shirts of serial killers ? LOL. Yeah he should wear a Adam Lanza tshirt now.

1 minute ago, -W.A.R- said:

i think everybody is in agreement that the shirt is stupid but we'e wondering why you had to try to reprimand him for wearing it over some old shit he was accused of

This is the last time I will address this. Sorry to all the posting PC people who get outraged of somebody has a different opinion than they do about a 54-year old rock singer. Sorry for high jacking the thread.  You all can get the final word in. And then we can talk about Axl's cheeks, mustache, pant size and who he might be dating. 

A man who was accuse of abuse by at least four women, one who said he made her shit in a cat litter box, who paid 1.5 million dollars to his accusers - that guy probably shouldn't wear a shirt depicting women as throw away disposable items you can toss in the trash when finished with them.  Is this really that hard of a connection for you?

Now get the last word in. 

OMGZZZ. It would be so killer if Axl is dating Erin again!!!!!!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Politically correct my ass. This is a shirt with a terrible message on it: women are disposable, trash them. And the worst is a lot of women are killed daily due to gender violence and their killers DO throw their dead bodies in garbage cans. 

Dont tell me what to listen to. If I were a casual fan I wouldn't be in this forum. But liking GNR music doesn't make me a blind ignorant follower of everything they do. I don't like One in a Million either and I would never wear a Charles Manson shirt, like I've seen many fans wearing it just to emulate Axl.

i have developed my own personality and beliefs, some of them are totally opposite to that of Axl's or GNR and that won't prevent me from liking most of their music.

So what, if it were a man that would be okay then?

Whats sad about this entire argument is it is complete opinion. No one has any idea what the artist of the shirt meant when he created it. It is completely up to interpretation. If you are seeing that women are disposable i feel bad for you. I just see a drunk bitch who passed out in a garbage can. Grow up guys its a fuckin shirt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

So what, if it were a man that would be okay then?

Of course it wouldn't be okay either. 

Would be ok if it was a dog, a cat, a kid, an old person, your cousin?

its incredible how flawed logic spreads so easily...

1 minute ago, GNRfanx6 said:

Whats sad about this entire argument is it is complete opinion. No one has any idea what the artist of the shirt meant when he created it. It is completely up to interpretation. If you are seeing that women are disposable i feel bad for you. I just see a drunk bitch who passed out in a garbage can. Grow up guys its a fuckin shirt

They see what they wanna see.

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Politically correct my ass. This is a shirt with a terrible message on it: women are disposable, trash them. And the worst is a lot of women are killed daily due to gender violence and their killers DO throw their dead bodies in garbage cans. 

Dont tell me what to listen to. If I were a casual fan I wouldn't be in this forum. But liking GNR music doesn't make me a blind ignorant follower of everything they do. I don't like One in a Million either and I would never wear a Charles Manson shirt, like I've seen many fans wearing it just to emulate Axl.

i have developed my own personality and beliefs, some of them are totally opposite to that of Axl's or GNR and that won't prevent me from liking most of their music.

I'll say just this: SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

1 minute ago, GNRfanx6 said:

Talk about hitting the nail on the head.  It's all about perception and how you think about it.  There are rights and there are wrongs.  In the end it's a   print on a tshirts.  What if it was a mans legs sticking up with a toe tag on one foot that said trump?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Of course it wouldn't be okay either. 

Would be ok if it was a dog, a cat, a kid, an old person, your cousin?

its incredible how flawed logic spreads so easily...

I couldn't give a fuck. You want to know why? It's a t shirt. It's meaningless. Instead of focusing on shit like this people should be focusing on things actually related to sexism and gender equality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrSoftie said:

I couldn't give a fuck. You want to know why? It's a t shirt. It's meaningless. Instead of focusing on shit like this people should be focusing on things actually related to sexism and gender equality.

That would require the poor wittle SJW's to get out of their cozy mansions off their macbooks and step out into the real world and be around people of a lesser creed then they are....not happening.

Just now, wasted said:

Found a pair legs in a garbage can don't know why Axl is in Atlanta

Livin online has been so fun I gotta go outside

Double Fisting Pies Mother fucker, cuz I got no motivation. Double Fisting Pies, you dig, what I'm typing.. Home Fuck?