Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

55 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

So People wanted Izzy, Adler N' Sorum back but I didnt hear Anyone mentioning Gilby ?

Sorry to intrude like that. I just registered as hell broke loose around here (been reading for years though) ?

I put on the  1991 Tokyo DVD some days ago and there was someone holding up a sign "who's Gilby?"

I think that just explains a lot ?

20 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I got a feel Sebastian Bach is an unofficial member of Guns... he is so active and happy when it comes to GnR in whatever the manner...

I think Sebastian is the only "industry" real friend for Axl and the rest of GN'R. Those kind of friendship are hard to keep.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, axlslash said:

These guys are professional musicians. Of course they're doing it for money. Every tour is a cash grab. So is every album. When I go to work, it's a cash grab too. That's not a bad thing. It's a reality in a market economy. Work is exchanged for money. Get over it.

They are supposed to play the starving artist role forever so GnR_Stockholm can be happy...

10 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Sorry to intrude like that. I just registered as hell broke loose around here (been reading for years though) ?

I put on the  1991 Tokyo DVD some days ago and there was someone holding up a sign "who's Gilby?"

I think that just explains a lot ?

Lol, poor Guy

25 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I got a feel Sebastian Bach is an unofficial member of Guns... he is so active and happy when it comes to GnR in whatever the manner...

Seems like Slash isn't all that fond of him if you look at the body language in the My Michelle clip.

3 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Seems like Slash isn't all that fond of him if you look at the body language in the My Michelle clip.

Slash and Baz had a little fallout in the mid 2000's because of the GN'R feud and VR rejecting Baz as a vocalist.

During all those years you saw Baz coming back to Axl and touring with him endlessly, while VR went for Weiland.

At some point, Baz said he was really tired of being in the middle of the GNR war, not knowing when it was ok to support one or the other because they would get jealous.

Poor Baz, it must have been hell to stay neutral, he loved them all (old and new GNR) but at some point, he had to pick Axl's side.

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think Sebastian is the only "industry" real friend for Axl and the rest of GN'R. Those kind of friendship are hard to keep.

I think GNR is the best connection Baz has to the rock/nostalgia rock industry in terms of keeping his name out there unless he can reunite with Skid Row. I don't mean that in an unpleasant way, just that he has as much history almost with Guns as he does Skid Row.

I'm surprised SR haven't buried the hatchet to possibly capitalise on being an opening slot on the tour but who knows, maybe they will. Or maybe it only makes good business sense to do your own reunion tour, perhaps we will see it in a year or two when GNR is less of a competition in that market.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I love the His story about Him N' Axl

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Slash and Baz had a little fallout in the mid 2000's because of the GN'R feud and VR rejecting Baz as a vocalist.

During all those years you saw Baz coming back to Axl and touring with him endlessly, while VR went for Weiland.

At some point, Baz said he was really tired of being in the middle of the GNR war, not knowing when it was ok to support one or the other because they would get jealous.

Poor Baz, it must have been hell to stay neutral, he loved them all (old and new GNR) but at some point, he had to pick Axl's side.

I'm glad He is on Axl side

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think GNR is the best connection Baz has to the rock/nostalgia rock industry in terms of keeping his name out there unless he can reunite with Skid Row. I don't mean that in an unpleasant way, just that he has as much history almost with Guns as he does Skid Row.

I'm surprised SR haven't buried the hatchet to possibly capitalise on being an opening slot on the tour but who knows, maybe they will. Or maybe it only makes good business sense to do your own reunion tour, perhaps we will see it in a year or two when GNR is less of a competition in that market.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Skid ultimately be the openers for the Not In This Lifetime tour. Would be fitting for the name of the tour and overall nostalgia-fest that it's going tp be. Would fit nicely, and would make for one hell of a show.

• Like 1

Sure Baz was a bit angry when the VR rejection came, but he never talked shit about Slash.He just supported Axl.I'm sure they are fine. As for Sebastian's performance, his enthusiasm was something magical.He seemed as excited as every GNR fan out there. I'm sure there will be more special guests.I hope for Steven Tyler( Mama Kin duo with Axl) and Lenny Kravitz(Always On The Run)-just like Paris 1992.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JaxTeller said:

Sure Baz was a bit angry when the VR rejection came, but he never talked shit about Slash.He just supported Axl.I'm sure they are fine. As for Sebastian's performance, his enthusiasm was something magical.He seemed as excited as every GNR fan out there. I'm sure there will be more special guests.I hope for Steven Tyler( Mama Kin duo with Axl) and Lenny Kravitz(Always On The Run)-just like Paris 1992.

Slash just didn't want VR to sound too dated, Bach is a great singer, he will Hair metal up your band though. 

• Like 2

Baz is an obnoxious douchebag and so is Sorum. I want neither of them around or in GnR. Adler is completely fucked-up and totally unreliable.

The only guy I want to see back is Izzy. And I agree, some of the songs and stuff he posts on his Twitter are digs at GnR (not just the Sunshine song though).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Baz is an obnoxious douchebag and so is Sorum. I want neither of them around or in GnR. Adler is completely fucked-up and totally unreliable.

The only guy I want to see back is Izzy. And I agree, some of the songs and stuff he posts on his Twitter are digs at GnR (not just the Sunshine song though).

Gtfo

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Baz is obnoxious but that My Michelle duo is the hotness.

I agree Lumikki about the drummers and Izzy needing to be back in some capacity. 

Yeah, I agree actually, Baz is a good frontman and singer, but I can't stand his personality.

My preferred line-up would be Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy, plus whatever halfway decent drummer they can find. Since Steven is a mess and Sorum has an ego the size of a small continent and even Duff finds it hard to get along with him (not to mention Axl...), I'd prefer they stick to Ferrer, if they can't find anyone better.

Edited by Lumikki

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

I don't know about that, Slash clearly reached out to him as Baz was walking off the stage and they had a pretty clear moment of mutual admiration and a huge smile was on Slashs face.

check out the 4:10 minute on in this clip:

Edited by tsinindy