Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Bet some money that Axl= ADD/ADHD or a little Aspergers..= Time optimist deluxe and selfish (it has to feel perfect going on stage or he won't) without knowing it, therefore the late start at shows.. I see myself alot in those things that Axl struggle with.

or he is just an ass idk :P

Edited by estranged_85

If this tour is going to be successful, he has to show up and play on time. I consider myself

A diehard fan and have seen him 6 times and disregarded the fact that he may not start til late. The fact is, there are not many of us diehards left. Most people are fed up and simply are not willing to stay up to 3 am or later because of Axl. We have kids, jobs and lives to get back to. He won't get more than 10,000 people at a small venue even with bringing back slash if people get wind of these shows being super late and unreliable.

I saw them in 2014 at Rock on the Range. That venue doesn't tolerate lateness. I was flabbergasted when they actually started on time at 9pm. Not only did they start on time, but he sounded great. This is evidence that it can happen, and must happen.

• Like 2

If this tour is going to be successful, he has to show up and play on time. I consider myself

A diehard fan and have seen him 6 times and disregarded the fact that he may not start til late. The fact is, there are not many of us diehards left. Most people are fed up and simply are not willing to stay up to 3 am or later because of Axl. We have kids, jobs and lives to get back to. He won't get more than 10,000 people at a small venue even with bringing back slash if people get wind of these shows being super late and unreliable.

I saw them in 2014 at Rock on the Range. That venue doesn't tolerate lateness. I was flabbergasted when they actually started on time at 9pm. Not only did they start on time, but he sounded great. This is evidence that it can happen, and must happen.

And the media will slaughter him if he doesn't get upp on stage on time.. and that will def be a loss on ticket sales..

That is quite true. When I go to a Guns N' Roses concert, I book seats. I have learned my lesson. I also book a hotel room, because I live in the countryside, and I don't want to have to worry about making my way back. But that's me. I really love the band - enough to post on an Internet forum. As you say, there aren't many of us left.

Last concert I went to, plenty of seats weren't taken, and not an insignificant amount of people had to leave before the end of the concert, presumably to catch the last trains home. That doesn't leave a good impression. It's how a negative reputation gets established.

Bet some money that Axl= ADD/ADHD or a little Aspergers..= Time optimist deluxe and selfish (it has to feel perfect going on stage or he won't) without knowing it, therefore the late start at shows.. I see myself alot in those things that Axl struggle with.

Please, do not quote that f.. idiot Niven with his diagnosis. Since when is this jerk a doctor? Soon it will be "confirmed" that Axl has Aspergers :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I think in a way that's right. Not that its solely the venues fault, but I imagine Axl is very particular.

One of the most "particular" people in the history of rock & roll is without a doubt, Roger Waters. Yet this tour was able to kick off at 8pm SHARP every single night, no matter what:

Indoor, outdoor, football stadium, basketball arena, baseball stadium, soccor stadium, North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia... it didn't matter. This show is absolutely gigantic in scope when compared with GN'Rs set up. On top of that, one of the biggest assholes (read: particular) in the history of rock had the final say over it at each and every tour stop. In spite of all of that, the show started at 8pm sharp every single night.

If Axl wants to go on late, that's his business. He's always had that right and he always will. My only argument is when TB & Del start making up things to justify his behavior. If I were them when someone asked me about it, I'd say "Axl goes on when he's ready". It might not be what everyone wants to hear, but at least it's the truth.

• Like 2

Axl was on time at my 2011 show. It's possible every show. I go to a lot of shows and have never seen an artist go on later than 30 minutes. I've even been to 3 KISS shows, so the stage and set up has nothing to do with it. They were always on time.

Please, do not quote that f.. idiot Niven with his diagnosis. Since when is this jerk a doctor? Soon it will be "confirmed" that Axl has Aspergers :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

what? i don't qoute anyone. and i don't know what Niven have said? this is just my own take on Axl.. and i can relate on some of his problems that's all..

In your world.....is anything ever Axl's fault?

nothing

whose to tell Axl how to dress, how to talk, how to act, when to show up? he doesn't need that SHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQHqJiebKKA

when to show up in a concert?

YOU! You are! And me. And anyone who pay the ticket. I mean... we're all fans here, but that kind of "Axl is God and nobody can criticize him" shit is just... that, exactly... Bullshit.

You can criticize as much as you want. But I still find it amusing that there are GNR fans who EXPECT the show to start on time... yeah, it might happen, but it's more likely it will start late (anytime between 10 minutes and 3 hours).

I'm not saying it's right and that fans should just suck it up. But the moment you buy that ticket, you know what to expect. And as much as it sucks, we can't be so naive to expect that things will be different. I sure hope so, but every time I go to a GNR show I make sure I have a way to spend time in case they are late (and make sure I have a way to go back home after the show in case it ends at 3-4AM.)

Being late for your own show isn't great but I don't think it's on purpose, he's just not ready.

And yet billions of people on this planet are on time for work, and they make sure they're ready. Even if it means having to get ready earlier than usual.

And among those people are countless frontmen in bands, who never seem to have the same problem.

My favorite thing was when TB (and Del I think) started to blame the venues themselves. There was several times when they said something like "There's a lot that goes on the day of each show and if the venue doesn't have everything exactly right, it can push the show time back". So every other tour of every shape & size that comes through those same venues has no problem, but the GN'R tour is somehow a totally different situation?

Always someone else to blame.

It's ridiculous!

You have bands like NIN that have had insane stage set-ups for the last 15 years (LED screens, lots of mechanical stuff going on stage, etc), and somehow they always manage to get everything ready to go by the scheduled time, give or take 10 minutes.

I remember for some NIN shows, the stage set up wasn't ready in time for the show, and Trent just showed up on stage and started the show while the tech guys were still trying to get shit done... it was fucking kick ass.

But I doubt he's doing it on purpose just to fuck with the fans.

In your world.....is anything ever Axl's fault?

nothing

whose to tell Axl how to dress, how to talk, how to act, when to show up? he doesn't need that SHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQHqJiebKKA

when to show up in a concert?

YOU! You are! And me. And anyone who pay the ticket. I mean... we're all fans here, but that kind of "Axl is God and nobody can criticize him" shit is just... that, exactly... Bullshit.

You can criticize as much as you want. But I still find it amusing that there are GNR fans who EXPECT the show to start on time... yeah, it might happen, but it's more likely it will start late (anytime between 10 minutes and 3 hours).

I'm not saying it's right and that fans should just suck it up. But the moment you buy that ticket, you know what to expect. And as much as it sucks, we can't be so naive to expect that things will be different. I sure hope so, but every time I go to a GNR show I make sure I have a way to spend time in case they are late (and make sure I have a way to go back home after the show in case it ends at 3-4AM.)

Being late for your own show isn't great but I don't think it's on purpose, he's just not ready.

And yet billions of people on this planet are on time for work, and they make sure they're ready. Even if it means having to get ready earlier than usual.

And among those people are countless frontmen in bands, who never seem to have the same problem.

My favorite thing was when TB (and Del I think) started to blame the venues themselves. There was several times when they said something like "There's a lot that goes on the day of each show and if the venue doesn't have everything exactly right, it can push the show time back". So every other tour of every shape & size that comes through those same venues has no problem, but the GN'R tour is somehow a totally different situation?

Always someone else to blame.

It's ridiculous!

You have bands like NIN that have had insane stage set-ups for the last 15 years (LED screens, lots of mechanical stuff going on stage, etc), and somehow they always manage to get everything ready to go by the scheduled time, give or take 10 minutes.

I remember for some NIN shows, the stage set up wasn't ready in time for the show, and Trent just showed up on stage and started the show while the tech guys were still trying to get shit done... it was fucking kick ass.

But I doubt he's doing it on purpose just to fuck with the fans.

That doesn't make it right or Ok though. It's just showing a lack of respect.....or just a person or group who doesn't give a crap about the fans.

A drunk driver doesn't "want" to wreck into another car. Should a drunk driver who kills somebody NOT be punished because they didn't do it on purpose?

Axl has been my favorite singer for almost 30 years. But him and TB are probably the most non-fan friendly group I've ever seen in the music world.

That's their deal and how they choose to treat the fans. We can take it or not. I obviously choose to take it because I love Axl's voice and writing.

What gets me commenting tho is when fans try and sugarcoat things to excuse the bad crap Axl does and act like his actions are normal....or somebody else's fault. That's just not normal behavior. IMO.

• Like 2

Nobody said it was normal or that he shouldn't pay late fees or get sued for riots?

But it's not a lack of respect. He's not sitting there ready just making fans wait.

Even his nemesis Niven says stage fright. Dougie says he has to be fully in the zone to perform.

But I think he has been learning to mail it in but be on time. People do complain but he's rolling in on time mostly. But he's not going all out anymore as in the UYI. He's found that balance between late and Mickey.

Axl had all the time to work on his act in his bedroom/in front of the mirror/in the shower/in his mind before he made it made big. I think he hates everything about himself and gets severe anxiety attacks. I hope Axl can one day truly learn to accept himself as an equal human being who is very talented and good looking.

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 1

Axl had all the time to work on his act in his bedroom/in front of the mirror/in the shower/in his mind before he made it made big. I think he hates everything about himself and gets severe anxiety attacks. I hope Axl can one day truly learn to accept himself as an equal human being who is very talented and good looking.

I thought way too much about the band members psyche, particularly axls. Its really hard to imagine because all we have are short interviews, song lyrics, or what other people say. The other guys all have autobiography's which tell a lot about a person. Axl is a very reclusive rockstar. I admire it to a degree. I wish he would write a book. Just so i can see his thought proccess in certain situations.

I think in a way that's right. Not that its solely the venues fault, but I imagine Axl is very particular.

One of the most "particular" people in the history of rock & roll is without a doubt, Roger Waters. Yet this tour was able to kick off at 8pm SHARP every single night, no matter what:

Indoor, outdoor, football stadium, basketball arena, baseball stadium, soccor stadium, North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia... it didn't matter. This show is absolutely gigantic in scope when compared with GN'Rs set up. On top of that, one of the biggest assholes (read: particular) in the history of rock had the final say over it at each and every tour stop. In spite of all of that, the show started at 8pm sharp every single night.

If Axl wants to go on late, that's his business. He's always had that right and he always will. My only argument is when TB & Del start making up things to justify his behavior. If I were them when someone asked me about it, I'd say "Axl goes on when he's ready". It might not be what everyone wants to hear, but at least it's the truth.

He also famously mimes...

Because that has anything to do with the stage set up.

It has plenty to do with his own preparation though, which can lead to the delays.

On July, I was on holiday at Nice (France) and I attended a Slash show, a group next to me was singing "Slash, Slash, Slash", 5 minutes later, Slash didn't showed up, so they started to sing "Axl, Axl, Axl", it was very funny, we had to wait some time since RavenEye (opening act) finished playing, It felt like a long wait for me because I was very excited to see Slash

Edited by fanfzero

I can read so many complaints on this Forum. I don´t understand why.

We will get to see a reunited Guns N' Roses, just be happy!

We got explanations why Axl was late on some shows, you know the reasons already. When you go to see GnR live you might have to wait for years until it happens. And you know tha Band might be late. It happend in the old days, it happend with the new Band and I guess it will happen in the future. that´s how it is. Just be happy to have the possibility to see them live. Just enjoy it!

It´s crazy to read all this comments and complaints. Even when I have the possibilty to see the Band live again, I will also wait for 3 hours and I still will be happy to see the Show!

• Like 1

I can read so many complaints on this Forum. I don´t understand why.

We will get to see a reunited Guns N' Roses, just be happy!

We got explanations why Axl was late on some shows, you know the reasons already. When you go to see GnR live you might have to wait for years until it happens. And you know tha Band might be late. It happend in the old days, it happend with the new Band and I guess it will happen in the future. that´s how it is. Just be happy to have the possibility to see them live. Just enjoy it!

It´s crazy to read all this comments and complaints. Even when I have the possibilty to see the Band live again, I will also wait for 3 hours and I still will be happy to see the Show!

yeah no more complains Axl Rose Rocks this country and I'm proud he will be back

Somewhere, eons ago, some insane ass invented the idea of dividing the day into little tics and tocs. It's unnatural, and quite a bit fucked, if you ask me. Many folks, myself included, have a terrible time following the tics and tocs, and are late for many things. Not to say it can't be done, but it does cause much anxiety and stress to pull it off. I wish Axl the best, and realize he's made marked improvements over recent years. Have faith Gunners!

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvl0MDXH96M

It has plenty to do with his own preparation though, which can lead to the delays.

But that's not what Axl, TB and Del blame things on. They blame every other thing expect for Axl.

The question wasn't whether or not the performer was ready, it was whether or not the stage and venue are.

Del and/or TB are the ones who started making those excuses. The rest of us where just pointing out how ridiculous it is.

And worse than this is that this kind of attitude tends to also alienate band members who HAVE rehearsed, who HAVE showed up to soundcheck and who WERE ready to play one hour and a half ago...

That's probably the last thing Axl wants to do with this lineup...

Your posts are always right on the money