Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

20 minutes ago, cooker said:

I still don't believe this at all. 

I don't even care.

If Axl joins AC/DC for 10 gigs, great! His voice must be awesome. If his voice is like Mickey Mouse, everyone will laugh at AC/DC. Simple as that.

Maybe the rumour is true, maybe it's not. We can only wait and see.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

If Axl joins AC/DC for 10 gigs, great! His voice must be awesome. If his voice is like Mickey Mouse, everyone will laugh at AC/DC. Simple as that.

Yes because AC/DC is known for having great, technically sound singers. haha. 

Honestly if ACDC were to do this, there are only a few singers you could get. You need the star power for it not to disappoint. Axl is more famous than either Johnson or Scott. And is credited frequently as having one of music's best voices. For all the criticism Axl voice gets, at least he's versatile as fuck. He can flip genres. Bon Scott and Brian Johnson are a very very acquired taste IMO. 

I get the live aspect you are drawing at about Axl, especially considering some performances in recent years. But there is also the point that ACDC benefits just as much as Axl. It's star power helping star power. I think ACDC Ft. Axl Rose is a big draw for Joe Blow general public. Consider how most people wouldn't know who Brian Johnson is anyhow, it could work for general public, who knows ACDC's and Axl's name. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Sprite
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

I don't even care.

Maybe the rumour is true, maybe it's not. We can only wait and see.  

I'm more interested in the upcoming GN'R gigs. 

• Like 1