Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

43 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

lets do this ? .. I am going to take a stab in the dark and say this dude may the money bags for this reunion in some way .

Nah...he's one of Axl's hangers-on,  professional socialite. 

That Izzy track from 2012 is pretty good, you can tell that once you got a heavy Slash guitar riff and solo in there, Duff's chorus soaked bass and Axl screeching "my baby ran away to Vietnam", it would be a GN'R track. And about 600 times better. 

• Like 3

Yeah, same. I also get major creep vibes from that guy. Why can't Axl ever surround himself with normal people?

I think Duff said it best when he said that he felt some of the people of Axl's entourage were downright predatory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, same. I also get major creep vibes from that guy. Why can't Axl ever surround himself with normal people?

I think Duff said it best when he said that he felt some of the people of Axl's entourage were downright predatory.

When did Duff say that? He's not wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

When did Duff say that? He's not wrong. 

In his first book, I think. He was talking about the psychologist(s?)/therapist(s) Axl was seeing back during the UYI days. He felt these people took advantage of him.

And I totally agree. Axl was (maybe still is, I don't know) an emotionally vulnerable, fucked-up guy and he attracted crazy people who filled his head with all kinds of bullshit and used his pain to fill their own pockets.

Edited by Lumikki

25 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Very generic three chords riff, good for a band like Ramones, but not for Guns N' Roses.

It is not how many chords you use, it is how you use them. Three chords is enough to write a killer track as long as you have a great melody.

• Like 1