Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

16 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Holy sh***! They could at least try to find out who did this or add a copyright-thank-you-thing on that... or at least a comment. But just copy it and use it like that? Not cool!

12 minutes ago, Epson said:

They should have at least added a link to your Twitter. Really not cool :shrugs:

I honestly thought the same thing BUT,how could I be pissed at my favorite band and it's really someone else's art,I just rearranged it to my liking.i take it as a compliment but I definetly could use some tickets/backstage passes for Chicago! Haha but I'll be fine

Edited by RecipeForDisaster84
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

Were they making posters? Anyone have pictures? And Yes,Tickets would be perfect! But it's all good,I take it as a compliment they used it

T-shirts, too. There's a picture of the t-shirt in the merchandise thread.

It would certainly have been polite to acknowledge your idea/design.

Edited by Kittiara
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, maxpax said:

what do you expect? she was a groupie and i guess axl met her as well in 1992. 

SLASH'S WIFE TALKS ABOUT ROCK-STAR LOVE AFFAIR:

Initially, 1987's Appetite for Destruction had little impact on Perla Hudson, the wife of former Guns N' Roses guitarist and current Velvet Revolver member Slash. "At the time I think I was playing with Barbies, listening to Latin music," Hudson jokes. A few years later, after some growing up, she discovered Guns N' Roses, but it wasn't the riffs of "Paradise City" or Axl Rose's wail that attracted Hudson to her future husband's band; it was a pictorial in this magazine that grabbed her attention. 

"I remember the issue. Axl was on the cover," she says. "There was a photo of Slash, looking down so you couldn't see his face. All you could see was his belly button." It was love at first partial sight. As the story goes, Hudson told her mother that this mass of hair with a fresh cigarette cemented in his mouth was the man for her. 

In 1992, with the Rolling Stone picture of Slash in tow, Hudson and some friends traveled to the Thomas & Mack Arena in Las Vegas for a GN'R show. One of her friends knew the promoter, and Hudson made her way backstage. Hudson and Slash partied that night and became instant friends, and their bond lasted over the years -- through the break-up of GN'R and Slash's first marriage -- and the rest is history. "Now, Appetite is my favorite album," Hudson says. "'Estranged' is my favorite song, though." 

While hanging behind the scenes at a Velvet Revolver concert is now a PG experience, Hudson still enjoys reminiscing about the some good ol' groupie debauchery from the GN'R era. Her favorite tale? GN'R were playing a small venue on the East Coast. There was no bathroom backstage, so Slash and Izzy Stradlin relieved themselves into Corona bottles throughout the night. Some groupies came backstage, eager to party, and without asking, chugged the bottles of piss, much to the shock of Izzy and Slash. Having finished drinking the six-pack of pee, the groupies were convinced they were drunk (which speaks volumes about the amount of alcohol in Slash and Izzy's urine). Hudson reflects for a second on the anecdote and says, "If someone told me back then that me and Slash would be married, with kids, and as happy as we are, I would never have believed them."

well Corona taste like piss so i can see how they made the mistake but damn Slash/Izzy needed to drink more water if their pee was that yellow LOL

also they didn't think nothing of all of the bottles being opened, not to mention not cold at all? :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

T-shirts, too. There's a picture of the t-shirt in the merchandise thread.

It would certainly have been polite to acknowledge your idea/design.

Wow they did make shirts! I'm not gonna lie,I really want that shirt! It's bad ass cuz I thought that logo I put together would look great on a shirt.Like I said,it clearly was my idea,but it's other people's art I simply rearranged.What am I gonna do? Fight Axl in court? Lol yeah right.Of course it would be nice to be acknowledged for the idea but theres nothing I can do.I am just ecstatic they used it!! 

• Like 1

can't believe they jacked you like that LOL

i mean i dont think you can scream copyright as you used their copyrighted pics but they coulda gave one of the shirts and posters at a minimum

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

can't believe they jacked you like that

i mean you can't really scream copyright as you used their copyrighted pics....but they coulda gave one of the shirts and posters at a minimum

That would be cool or even a shoutout on Twitter or something but again,it's just rearranged copyrighted art.Im just glad you guys know it was my idea

9 minutes ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

Wow they did make shirts! I'm not gonna lie,I really want that shirt! It's bad ass cuz I thought that logo I put together would look great on a shirt.Like I said,it clearly was my idea,but it's other people's art I simply rearranged.What am I gonna do? Fight Axl in court? Lol yeah right.Of course it would be nice to be acknowledged for the idea but theres nothing I can do.I am just ecstatic they used it!! 

Ha no, I can't see you suing Axl. :lol: Maybe an email to their management, though? Saying that you were happy to see that they used your idea for a t-shirt design? Maybe they'll get the hint and will send you one?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

Ha no, I can't see you suing Axl. :lol: Maybe an email to their management, though? Saying that you were happy to see that they used your idea for a t-shirt design? Maybe they'll get the hint and will send you one?

More like 5 shirts and tickets to a show. For all the money they'll make...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ak1nney said:

More like 5 shirts and tickets to a show. For all the money they'll make...

Aye, too true. On the t-shirts alone... they sure aren't cheap! And I am not sure if they made any hoodies with the design, but the store charges $85 for one hoodie! :o

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

I think the person who actually drew the cross with the skeleton hand is a user at the Nightrain forum. The user who posted the picture in the fan art forum was "riot of paints".

This picture actually looks better and more solid than the T-shirt. :thumbsup:

I also thought the excuse was lame (which led me to think things among them are not as cool as they seem) because these guys are professional musicians, they should know better. But probably they didn't want to get slammed for covering Prince the wrong way. Axl doesn't look to me like a Prince fan, if he was going to cover Purple Rain and it's not perfect then he would be criticized until his death.

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I also thought the excuse was lame (which led me to think things among them are not as cool as they seem) because these guys are professional musicians, they should know better. But probably they didn't want to get slammed for covering Prince the wrong way. Axl doesn't look to me like a Prince fan, if he was going to cover Purple Rain and it's not perfect then he would be criticized until his death.

Could have done just an instrumental though. 

Were they together these last few days? Maybe they got together a few hours prior to the show, did some soundcheck and that was it. Maybe Axl wasn't even part of the soundcheck. 

Don't really understand why is there some sort of an obligation to do a tribute to Prince anyway. They didn't do it for Lemmy or Bowie, even though they had the time to prepare something. If they wanna do it, that's fine, but only if it's something they really feel like doing. If not, they can honor him the same way as any other fan, by listening to his music.

• Like 1