Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

10 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Yeah really great for you Americans they should add for you another 30 shows so they can't miss any city in fucking country, and they can't do at least 2 Wembley shows. Fuck my life it's so hard to live in Europe...

Fuck, they at least had a chance here to add more Canadian shows and they didn't - that's what I'm annoyed about. 20 US cities and Toronto does not count as a North American tour <_<

I think there's still a chance he might still be in a cast for the first two or three shows, the initial estimate for him to be out of it was 6 weeks, that would be around the 14th May, we'll see.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This quote from that Billboard article makes me happy:

In what may turn out as one of the great image rehabs of all time, Guns N' Roses 2016 is working. It's time to judge this band on its more recent accomplishments

"Today, the folks at AEG Live/Goldenvoice and Live Nation are breathing easier, especially the former, whose shows are now in the books.  The April 8-9 GNR shows that were part of the grand opening of the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas grossed $6,265,076 from attendance of 28,849, two sellouts. However they connected with the young fans of Coachella, Guns' performances in the desert were furious and technically superb, despite Rose's physical limitations. And Coachella producer Paul Tollett, largely credited as the impetus behind the GNR reunion, got what he paid for. Asked if he was pleased with what GNR delivered to his baby, Tollett says, "If I was filling out a questionnaire I would check the box that said 'exceeded my expectations.'" Further, AEG Live chairman/CEO Dan Beckerman, the man who signed off on both Vegas and Coachella, tells Billboard of Guns N' Roses, "They were pros, and Axl played hurt -- but still delivered. We were thrilled to have them open our new arena in Las Vegas and have them headline the Saturday night Coachella shows."

Backstage at Coachella on the second Saturday as GNR teed up their performance, the band's agent Ken Fermaglich was smiling -- though still didn't act much like he wanted to do an interview. For Live Nation's part, sources tell Billboard that sales are going exceedingly well, topping 1 million, with dates added to the route. Barring unforeseen circumstances, the Not In This Lifetime Tour looks like a financial winner for all parties.

In what may turn out as one of the great image rehabs of all time, Guns N' Roses 2016 is working. It's time to judge this band on its more recent accomplishments."

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Axl's hair is strangely blond/white/even grey? most of the time in that video  :blink:

Yeah, I think he has some grey hair in the back I've never seen before but since a couple years ago I've noticed his hair has gone really blond and lost the redhead shade.

Maybe that's the way he gets grey hair, it actually goes blonde instead of going grey/white.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I think he has some grey hair in the back I've never seen before but since a couple years ago I've noticed his hair has gone really blond and lost the redhead shade.

Maybe that's the way he gets grey hair, it actually goes blonde instead of going grey/white.

Redheads usually the hair goes either darker like an Auburn before turning white much later then other hair colors or the opposite lightens to blonde before going white. Either way they tend to hold color longer in general. 

I'm a redhead and have many Redheads in my family though my hair is still very much red as I'm much younger. 

I noticed the hair though because when I watched the videos of the Vegas and Coachella shows it looked more red so that stood out to me.

So Live Nation has already reached 1 million in tickets. That would only be for the 20 summer shows before today's new shows were added. 50,000 tickets sold per show already. That's a great start. They just might sell out the whole fuckin' thing.

• Like 1