Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On April 21, 2016 at 10:54 AM, emybdc said:

This is a Melissa Reese appreciation post.

:heart:

She resembles DJ a lot in terms of her social media use. Savage? 73 hashtags on every post. 

People should be saying "I don't like U2" and not that U2 sucks. It's ignorant to say they suck as they clearly are one of the most successful and respected bands of all time.

I find them boring. But they clearly don't suck. 

Its hard to predict how many tickets this tour will sell because of the brilliant way GnR is doing it. Piecemealing shows is going to drive up numbers in the short term. 

If they announced a 200 city tour then fans would know they have options. A fan could look and see he had 3-4 options for shows. But with only a 20 show run fans have to jump on a ticket ASAP at whatever city is closest to them. That is inflating audience numbers. 

If fbey okay one show in your four state region then 50,000 fans buy a ticket to that one show. But if there were two shows in all four states - you aren't getting 50,000 at each of the 8 shows  

Smart tactic by the band. Bit of a dick move to do to the fans who support the band. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Apollo said:

She resembles DJ a lot in terms of her social media use. Savage? 73 hashtags on every post. 

People should be saying "I don't like U2" and not that U2 sucks. It's ignorant to say they suck as they clearly are one of the most successful and respected bands of all time.

Its hard to predict how many tickets this tour will sell because of the brilliant way GnR is doing it. Piecemealing shows is going to drive up numbers in the short term. 

If they announced a 200 city tour then fans would know they have options. A fan could look and see he had 3-4 options for shows. But with only a 20 show run fans have to jump on a ticket ASAP at whatever city is closest to them. That is inflating audience numbers. 

If fbey okay one show in your four state region then 50,000 fans buy a ticket to that one show. But if there were two shows in all four states - you aren't getting 50,000 at each of the 8 shows  

Smart tactic by the band. Bit of a dick move to do to the fans who support the band. 

How old is Melissa?

I think you're right about the way they are selling this tour. It totally looks like that, although it sucks for fans like me, someone who doesn't have much time, much money, I need plenty of time ahead to plan something like this if they're not playing in my town, I need to arrange trips, hotels and other BS. That's the part I'm so stressed about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How old is Melissa?

I think you're right about the way they are selling this tour. It totally looks like that, although it sucks for fans like me, someone who doesn't have much time, much money, I need plenty of time ahead to plan something like this if they're not playing in my town, I need to arrange trips, hotels and other BS. That's the part I'm so stressed about.

It's a smart move financially for the band. 

But a total dick move for fans of the band. 

Yes they do.  Whats a politicians answer though, 'i find them boring.  But they clearly don't suck', isn't that the definition of suckiness? :lol:  Why should you have to respect something on the basis of successfulness, fuck that.  Lots of fucked up things are successful, it's not a redeeming factor though.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

U2 suck about as much as, say, Led Zeppelin rock. Which is about 98.5% of the time.

As for the tour, yeah they really are doing very well with all this gag order/one show at a time/promote-it-as-a-reunion thing. They know fans are dying to know what kicked the reconciliation into gear and they'll probably try to keep an air of mystery for as long as possible... But they should know that if they don't give fans any info to latch onto, people will get tired of being kept in the dark eventually and they'll lose interest. So I hope that before the summer tour begins, Axl/Slash/Duff or some combination of the three will give at least one or two interviews, but not the cookie cutter Eddie Trunk ones where the interviewer just walks on eggshells and avoids the real questions (e.g. new music, how Axl and Slash broke up or reunited, Izzy and Steven etc.)

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Yes they do.  Whats a politicians answer though, 'i find them boring.  But they clearly don't suck', isn't that the definition of suckiness? :lol:  Why should you have to respect something on the basis of successfulness, fuck that.  Lots of fucked up things are successful, it's not a redeeming factor though.

But if we take personal preference out of the picture, then obviously they don't suck.

You don't stay in the business and accomplish what they have for 30 years if you "suck."

I can go to any mall or restaurant or basketball court in the world this afternoon and find somebody that will say Guns n Roses suck, Rolling Stones suck, Hendrix sucks, The Who suck, etc.

If you can't use success as a factor to judge whether a band sucks or not, what can you use? On another board somebody said that Prince sucked. I pointed out 100 million albums sold, 7 grammys, 40 top 40 hits, won an oscar, 13 platinum records, sold out tours in four different decades......how in the hell does success not play into whether a band sucks or not? 

Bro - share your secret with me. I am an average singer. Can play a couple basic things on guitar. I'm decent looking, have a huge cock. Am an OK dancer for a white guy. Can write a decent song, but rely to much on silly rhyming. In all actually, I SUCK as a musician.  BUT I want to live in a mansion like Axl.  Please give me the formula for how I can sell 100 million albums and sell out tours (for years on end) and write 40 top billboard hits so I can be worth hundreds of millions of dollars and be respected by fans/critics worldwide.  Hook me up, and I'll give you 20% of the millions of dollars I make!!!!

A lot of people on here are confusing the definition of "I THINK they suck" as opposed to something that actually sucks. Kind of like people get confused about the meaning of overrated and underrated with "i love them" or "I hate them."  Because you hate a band doesn't mean they are overrated, it just means you don't like them as much as everybody else.

I like about 5 U2 SONGS. I find their music to be utterly boring.  Joshua Tree was the last album of theirs I purchased.

But their success clearly shows they don't suck.  I just don't personally like their style or type of music.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh sweet Lord. Another U2 Vs GNR debate? 

Someone create a thread on the subject in My World if it's that important to you. 

Otherwise, please knock it off with derailing this thread. 

Thanks. 

Damn, I arrived too late for the Bono bashing lol

36 minutes ago, Changes said:

Surely it's more than 3 million per show. I mean say they average 50K in attendance per show at an average ticket price of $150, that's 7.5 million right there. 

I think 3 million is what the band's getting, not the whole income. Not sure if it was confirmed though.

• Like 1

Just now, scooby845 said:

pardon me for my ignorance but generally speaking if Guns have 200 shows over the span of 2-3 years (3 mil per show) worldwide then its highest grossing tour with 600mil right?

Once the world tour finishes, it will be ( sure rock solid thing) the most lucrative tour in music history.  No argue there. And once izzy and adler gets there ( special guests) tickets are gonna get even more expensive

No surprise. After all, this is Guns n' Roses

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Changes said:

Surely it's more than 3 million per show. I mean say they average 50K in attendance per show at an average ticket price of $150, that's 7.5 million right there. 

$3m is likely the GN'R cut after expenses are taken into account (remember this includes paying the crew to move the stage materials, etc.) and the promoter gets a nice cut too.

That list is updated if (when) promoters give them exact numbers. Maybe GnR numbers will be there next week, or in a month or they won't be there at all. You see that there are numbers for dates in March, that's because they just got them.

The whole list updates every Tuesday and that's the reason Rolling Stones aren't there anymore. 

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Changes said:

41 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I think 3 million is what the band's getting, not the whole income. Not sure if it was confirmed though.

Yeah the band is getting the reported 3 mil cash but from a logical standpoint (even if this tour is a ripoff for fans) I think it is also for GnR.. I mean if they earn an average 7.5mil as you stated and they get 3mil I highly doubt it is necessary 4.5 mil for production costs... It is ripping the band off largely... or is it?

Just now, Nicklord said:

That list is updated if (when) promoters give them exact numbers. Maybe GnR numbers will be there next week, or in a month or they won't be there at all. You see that there are numbers for dates in March, that's because they just got them.

The whole list updates every Tuesday and that's the reason Rolling Stones aren't there anymore. 

GN'R Vegas shows were in the list last week and are gone now. Same goes for Rolling Stones Mexico City shows from March that were in the list last week.

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

GN'R Vegas shows were in the list last week and are gone now. Same goes for Rolling Stones Mexico City shows from March that were in the list last week.

Yeah, and Adele, Muse and Coldplay will be gone next Tuesday. That's why I said last week to take a screen shot of Rolling Stones numbers if someone remembers that :D 

Edited by Nicklord

2 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Yeah, and Adele, Muse and Coldplay will be gone next Tuesday. That's why I said last week to take a screen shot of Rolling Stones numbers if someone remembers that :D 

Screenshot_2016-04-21-21-21-55.png

Here you go ;)

• Like 1