Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

19 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

ACDC fans tend to live in the past...otherwise they wouldnt be fans of a band that hasnt developed for two hundred years

And yet they still sell out stadiums across the globe, with one original member. CD era Guns couldn't do that, not even close.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

ACDC fans tend to live in the past...otherwise they wouldnt be fans of a band that hasnt developed for two hundred years

Unlike GNR fans who are selling out stadiums just to see 3 out of 5 members who made an album together 29 years ago back together again.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riot said:

So.... He IS able to sing you could be mine.. Jesus christ!

Either this AC/DC thing will be a great warm-up for the GN'R summer tour, or he's going to blow out his voice for Angus and we'll be left with full Mickey Mouse for the GN'R shows. 

• Like 2

I think Axl can pull off AC/DC songs with little stress. Brian sings in a lower pitch, albeit scratchy. On the flip side, Brian couldn't touch basically every GNR vocal. The band would have to tune way down. 

I can imagine Axl killing any AD/DC song that they throw at him. And he'll have a blast doing it. I would love to see it too. Their catalog isn't nearly as good as GNR, but my favorite singer can hum When Johnny Comes Matching Home and I would pay to....oh wait....

4 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

AcDc songs are way easier for him to sing, cause theyre in general easy songs to sing, unlike gnr songs

Bon stuff? Definitely. Brian stuff? It's a pretty tight competition. There's more breaks in Guns songs (Axl singing in his normal register, longer solos, etc...) whereas Brian was balls to the walls rasp at all times and high as shit to boot. Shoot To Thrill and Hells Bells are probably harder to sing accurately than nearly the entirety of the Guns catalogue from a purely technical standpoint.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nn18 said:

Have we seen this one? Don't know where it's from, though

BTW I never got to make the comment about him trolling fans with the Mikey Mouse shirt. But I found it funny. I believe it was Vegas though possibly Coachella.

I will go back and check because when I seen the shirt I laughed. 

Edited by BOSSY78
added

3 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

If you look closely at that shirt, you see the mickey mouse image is made of bears n other animals.

I was trying to see what else was on it. Thanks.

He has always worn Mickey Mouse shirts throughout the years but at the time this one was funny as fans sat wondering if he was gonna be all Mickey he had that on.

Edited by BOSSY78
edits

1 minute ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

so for the past decade we had the Axl Rose disaster and now with the reunion, people are bitching about the Slash TIL's solo disaster

seems like this band always gets hate for some fucking reason :D 

Guns N Roses fans just like to complain I guess...

40 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

so for the past decade we had the Axl Rose disaster and now with the reunion, people are bitching about the Slash TIL's solo disaster

Duff's disaster incoming? :D

41 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

Lol true. I happen to be a fan of the original TIL but don't mind Slash's take on it. Both are nice in their way.

I'm glad he's trying to put how own take on it. I suspect he will keep messing around with it until he's satisfied.

Though I'm surprised I actually said I like it the original WY better

Edited by BOSSY78
add