Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

BTW I never got to make the comment about him trolling fans with the Mikey Mouse shirt. But I found it funny. I believe it was Vegas though possibly Coachella.

I will go back and check because when I seen the shirt I laughed. 

He has worn Mickey Mouse shirts for years. Why do you think he is trolling the fans by wearing them on this tour?

He has also won shirts with Charles Manson on them and with a woman thrown away in a garbage can. Who was he trolling with those?

Maybe he just digs Mickey Mouse. Not everything Axl does is some genius cryptic message. 

8 hours ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

I don't know anyone who considers themselves a fan of a band but who doesn't like their lead singer.  AC/DC fans bought tickets to see Brian on this tour, why wouldn't they bitch?  

Hhmm. Wonder if people on this forum would be happy or complaining if they paid $350 to go see GnR on this tour and tomorrow it was announced that Dave Grohl would be filling in for Axl, who was apparently fired. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

He has worn Mickey Mouse shirts for years. Why do you think he is trolling the fans by wearing them on this tour?

He has also won shirts with Charles Manson on them and with a woman thrown away in a garbage can. Who was he trolling with those?

Maybe he just digs Mickey Mouse. Not everything Axl does is some genius cryptic message. 

Apollo don'cha know everything he does is riddled in hidden meanings and conspiracies?? Ha.

I don't know about you guys but I've been following Slash for years and can't remember him uploading this many artists in a row before on IG. They all have the same theme behind them also, black photos. Maybe I'm looking into it too much but he may be hinting at possible opening acts for the tour. We'll see.

didn't want to start a new thread on this, but didn't see a thread re: online/magazine articles about GNR so here it is:  FROM GQ magazine

Straight Outta Hollywood: 15 Albums That Deserve Their Own Movies

CHINESE DEMOCRACY

Kathryn Bigelow

THE ALBUM: The most infamous rock album ever delayed

THE PITCH: It had to be an instant classic—even if it took ten years. In this high-concept feminist re-imagining, Axl Rose (Kristen Stewart, going full Raging Bull in cornrows and a fat suit) gets lost in his own jungle while struggling to complete Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion follow-up. The all-star cast includes Slash (Zoë Kravitz), Elton John (Eric Stonestreet), Buckethead (Jeff Goldblum), and a sympathetic dolphin that speaks to Axl in dreams (Dame Judi Dench).

http://www.gq.com/story/15-albums-that-deserve-their-own-movies?mbid=social_mj

ae.jpg

Edited by coolranchdressing!

1 hour ago, tajandreas said:

I don't know about you guys but I've been following Slash for years and can't remember him uploading this many artists in a row before on IG. They all have the same theme behind them also, black photos. Maybe I'm looking into it too much but he may be hinting at possible opening acts for the tour. We'll see.

Foo Fighters and Metallica are too big to be opening.

Megadeth and RATM though, it would be pretty cool if that happened.

He posted a picture of Dimebag as well though... the opening act theory sort of crumbles with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

didn't want to start a new thread on this, but didn't see a thread re: online/magazine articles about GNR so here it is:  FROM GQ magazine

Straight Outta Hollywood: 15 Albums That Deserve Their Own Movies

CHINESE DEMOCRACY

Kathryn Bigelow

THE ALBUM: The most infamous rock album ever delayed

THE PITCH: It had to be an instant classic—even if it took ten years. In this high-concept feminist re-imagining, Axl Rose (Kristen Stewart, going full Raging Bull in cornrows and a fat suit) gets lost in his own jungle while struggling to complete Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion follow-up. The all-star cast includes Slash (Zoë Kravitz), Elton John (Eric Stonestreet), Buckethead (Jeff Goldblum), and a sympathetic dolphin that speaks to Axl in dreams (Dame Judi Dench).

http://www.gq.com/story/15-albums-that-deserve-their-own-movies?mbid=social_mj

ae.jpg

If there's an GNR album that deserves it's own movie it is AFD.

Chinese Democracy the movie would be an extremely boring movie with excess length. 

Edited by Free Bird

5 hours ago, Apollo said:

You must have missed my post below that one when I said he always has worn them and that it was funny that particular night because of the Mickey comments on the forums and prior to that night. It made me laugh like he was trolling the fans

4 hours ago, DIST said:

Anyone catching this? 

I wonder if #myturn means he's gonna spill the beans..

I guess it would be his turn to talk again about dolphins for the 100th time

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

So what? What does that have to do with what he wrote

He said ACDC hadn't 'developed' their sound, and I was stating that when Axl attempted to develop the guns sound, he failed miserably. Whereas ACDC continued to sellout stadiums across the globe with their 'undeveloped' sound. Basically, he insulted ACDC and their fans, and I wasn't having it.

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

He tweets this exactly a year since his last tweet!

What's up with GnR members and twitter? Do they know how it's used?! :rofl-lol:

Edited by nn18
typo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Spirit said:

Foo Fighters and Metallica are too big to be opening.

Megadeth and RATM though, it would be pretty cool if that happened.

He posted a picture of Dimebag as well though... the opening act theory sort of crumbles with that.

Pantera with dimebag hologram? I'd actually be down with seeing that LOL

• Like 1