Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

1. what the fuck do you think numetal is? ive never heard a gnr song that sounded like korn or limp bizkit

2. who is "we"? i sure as hell am not bored with hearing jungle.

I am not bored of the material but i think folk are making the problem themselves by watching any bootleg clip they can find of any of the reunion gigs, reading any review they can find  so how is it going to be exciting by the time they come into town. The majority of bands play the same set list. 

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

1. what the fuck do you think numetal is? ive never heard a gnr song that sounded like korn or limp bizkit

2. who is "we"? i sure as hell am not bored with hearing jungle.

What is it then? Industrial electro rock? Axl goes Mickey on many of these tracks. Its a fact. And hell yeah, we, the Internet community, are bored by live songs like patience, scom, nr etc. Its common problem since 2001. NuGnR killed the vibe of it.

5 hours ago, maxpax said:

What is it then? Industrial electro rock? Axl goes Mickey on many of these tracks. Its a fact. And hell yeah, we, the Internet community, are bored by live songs like patience, scom, nr etc. Its common problem since 2001. NuGnR killed the vibe of it.

No "we" are not. Me and many others of the internet community are definetely not bored. So dont make judgments on behalf of other people.

Thanks.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

In my opinion Shackler's Revenge is a nu-metal song, and Scraped, Rhiad, Oh My God are all affiliated with that genre, i.e. late '90s industrial pish. 

Oh My God was alright, rest were shite.

2 hours ago, BatVin said:

Well one of the reasons is simply that AC/DC songs are incredibly easy to sing compared to GNR. People don't usually realise how fucking difficult some of the GNR stuff is compared to pretty much anything

Don't know about the AC/DC stuff but I totally agree with the GNR stuff. Even the songs that seem easy are really difficult to sing...

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I can only summarise that Axl is completely bored with Guns N' Roses - bored with being in Guns N' Roses, bored with the Guns N' Roses songs, bored with the Guns N' Roses personae and backing team - as, on those DC clips, he sounds like he did he did in 2006 which was the last time, in my opinion, Axl sounded anyway near his best. I know people were going nuts over the reunion shows and it was great seeing the three and the hysteria and 'Coma' (etc etc etc) but you know in your hearts Axl still sounded like shite. Even if you were at the Troubador show and honestly hid your hysteria and hyperbole, putting your hand on heart, Axl basically sounded like he did 2014 there which was godawful. But here, under a different band, Angus's jurisdiction, it is a different matter!

And then there is the fact that he is actually rehearsing! (what a snub to Guns when you consider all of those chronically under rehearsed shows like Rio 4).

So can we now credit the half-arsed Mickey vocals and fluffed lines to the fact that Axl is just sick of Guns? It is the only plausible explanation if these clips are audio veritas.

PS

I've made the unfortunate mistake of flying down Slash's twitter page. Is it just me or does he have an obsession with girls having intercourse with skeletel creatures? Nearly every second picture posted by Slash features some demonic character sowing his oats with a scantly clad woman!

I think it's pretty early to draw any conclusions about it. Let's see how the Axl/DC thing is going to happen. Then we'll be able to discuss about all the topics you pointed.

Edited by jpduff

All eyes & ears on Lisbon on Saturday we'll have a much better idea. Also it'll be interesting to see if the concert goers are up for it the vast majority will have bought tickets expecting Brian. Is anyone here on the DC forums what is the overall opinion about Axl now these rehersal videos are out there. 

1 minute ago, Chilliconcarne said:

they were sound checks though...not rehearsals 

They must have had rehearsals to put on these shows just everything's been clouded in secrecy. Don't forget they've managed to secure The Troubadour, The Las Vegas Arena twice & a further 21 venues without anybody finding out. I would imagine these venues having to be booked months in advance. There's been an awful lot of planning & negotiating this hasn't just happened overnight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I can only summarise that Axl is completely bored with Guns N' Roses - bored with being in Guns N' Roses, bored with the Guns N' Roses songs, bored with the Guns N' Roses personae and backing team - as, on those DC clips, he sounds like he did he did in 2006 which was the last time, in my opinion, Axl sounded anyway near his best. I know people were going nuts over the reunion shows and it was great seeing the three and the hysteria and 'Coma' (etc etc etc) but you know in your hearts Axl still sounded like shite. Even if you were at the Troubador show and honestly hid your hysteria and hyperbole, putting your hand on heart, Axl basically sounded like he did 2014 there which was godawful. But here, under a different band, Angus's jurisdiction, it is a different matter!

And then there is the fact that he is actually rehearsing! (what a snub to Guns when you consider all of those chronically under rehearsed shows like Rio 4).

So can we now credit the half-arsed Mickey vocals and fluffed lines to the fact that Axl is just sick of Guns? It is the only plausible explanation if these clips are audio veritas.

I agree with most of what you said, except that he sounds like crap in 2016 for GNR.

The reason he's bored with GNR is because he's been on tour forever with the nuGNR. He worn out the excitement. While on nuGNR, aside the counted occasions  the set list would consist of many CD songs, he could never stop playing most of AFD or else people wouldn't have attended the show.

This is proof that everybody was right before: Axl should have gone solo, release at least 3 albums with his band, and now come back for the reunion fresh and excited. He's like a kid in a toy store now with ACDC, of course, it's a whole different set list. It's a challenge and he's under the direction of someone else.

Team Brazil are also part to blame for his laziness. They don't have the strong hand Axl needs to keep him motivated and doing stuff. Why he's been rehearsing with GNR? Same reason than with ACDC: someone else is in charge of the tour, he's signed a millionaire contract he can't break, Slash and Duff must have added this as one of the main conditions to return, etc.

Conclusion: Axl needs real professional management in order to function right. I'm really scared of what's gonna happen after the tour ends.

an important issue is: Axl is fully recovered? I mean, AC/DC is known by the intense movement around the stage by Angus and Brian. So, if Axl is still injured, how they're going to handle this?

Edited by jpduff

4 minutes ago, jpduff said:

an important issue is: Axl is fully recovered? I mean, AC/DC is know by the intense movement around the stage by Angus and Brian. So, if Axl is still injured, how they're going to handle this?

Axl will still be sitting but I wonder if AC/DC will let him bring out the throne. He could just stand but keep the foot elevated like how the scooter does. 

4 hours ago, BatVin said:

Well one of the reasons is simply that AC/DC songs are incredibly easy to sing compared to GNR. People don't usually realise how fucking difficult some of the GNR stuff is compared to pretty much anything

I forgot what a workout Don't Cry and Mr. Brownstone are compared to Hells Bells and Guns For Hire...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Axl will still be sitting but I wonder if AC/DC will let him bring out the throne. He could just stand but keep the foot elevated like how the scooter does. 

How do you know he will be sitting?  

His cast is supposed to be off anytime now.

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Well, he doesn't necessarily have to be sitting....

pink-trapeze-04-2009-09-14.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I think he said in the TMZ interview it would take a couple of weeks. Plus it's just impossible that it's healed and he's up in less than 4 weeks. 

36 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

I think he said in the TMZ interview it would take a couple of weeks. Plus it's just impossible that it's healed and he's up in less than 4 weeks. 

Well he broke it on April 1st so by the day of the Lisbon show it will have been over 5 weeks. 

20 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I don't think Axl's bored with GNR. He sounds amazing on these AC/DC clips for the simple reason that AC/DC songs suit his voice much better than most GNR songs.

At one point he tried to dissolve the band, I think in 2010. He's been obviously bored with nuGNR for years. The band became a burden to him imo. He may be rejuvenated with Slash back and the bigger crowds etc, but the ac/dc thing is also going to be exciting. The man has been creatively dead for so long, this has got to be a welcomed change. I hope it pumps him up for the summer tour and gets him into good shape.

43 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I agree with most of what you said, except that he sounds like crap in 2016 for GNR.

The reason he's bored with GNR is because he's been on tour forever with the nuGNR. He worn out the excitement. While on nuGNR, aside the counted occasions  the set list would consist of many CD songs, he could never stop playing most of AFD or else people wouldn't have attended the show.

This is proof that everybody was right before: Axl should have gone solo, release at least 3 albums with his band, and now come back for the reunion fresh and excited. He's like a kid in a toy store now with ACDC, of course, it's a whole different set list. It's a challenge and he's under the direction of someone else.

Going solo would have been better all round.

He didn't downsize when Azoff and other managers suggested. So there's been little chance of him embarking on a solo career when that would mean shedding many people attached to nuGNR. That's why it's been kept going and run into ground. He thinks he has to support all these people, even if it's to his own detriment. Sad imo. So many wasted years.