Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Then don't be a fan of its "not acceptable" to you dude.  It's their life, not yours.

Well I have yet to put a dime into this reformed band so it's actually working or for me just fine :D

and that's like, just your opinion and those who are still hott and feeling Vegas..

Edited by Billsfan

It's damn annoying though...

I want to know if/when they're hitting Europe. And seriously, as long as everyone is keeping their mouth shut I still have this awkward feeling they're just doing it for the cash. 

Jeez, even Slash (who's normally doing a shitload of interviews) is silent... 

That just sucks.

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Well I have yet to put a dime into this reformed band so it's actually working or for me just fine :D

and that's like, just your opinion and those who are still hott and feeling Vegas..

That's cool.   Good for you for sticking to your guns.

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

It's still kind of frustrating though... Regardless of how cool Vegas was its kind of bull that they do no promotion for GNR. 

That I can agree with. Asia's just making it seem like AC/DC is in Axl's control.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sprite said:

That's not like that at all. Hahaha whaaaaaat? Your bound to your wife both legally and morally. That's a lot different than being a fan of a band that you hope to hear information from. 

Yeah, I wonder if his wife appreciates that comparison.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

A band that SHOULD share the information. But yeah they're so cool because axl got his voice in the shape that he should have so yeah who cares about getting new music or even finding out if it's the cards.. It may not be owed but it still doesn't make it right to keep people in the dark. 

You have a point and I'm not disagreeing with you entirely about it being right/wrong to keep fans in the dark. But all I can say is it simply doesn't work that way. At the risk of sounding like that Axl quote- You aren't owed anything. As a fan, that's just how it is. You make your peace with what you are given. 

It's like I wish I could know the mysteries of death. I feel like it's my life and only me here so I want to know.. But it likely ain't gonna happen in this human reality. So I have to make my peace with what's been dealt to me and deal with it my life. Does this make sense? Just like as fans, we take what we get and and deal. There are simply things that are out of your control and you will drive yourself mad with wonder and frustration if you don't learn to let it go. 

Your options are acceptance (another term for letting go) which is a much quicker route to peace even though the initial water looks treacherous as fuck because how can you go on without this regrouping information!? Or you can deny and claim you are owed something and make all the perfect intellectual points your thinking mind can spew out, which is still only a form of complaints, complaints, complaints. You aren't being with the Dau. Or with the way of things. If it's meant to be known, it's meant to be known. Come one dude, I enjoy your posts quite a bit but calibrate this one!! It's like UYI 1 sounds fucking great from my speakers whether or not I know where Slash and Axl ate last night in the Valley. Don't forget you are here because of a connection to the music above all else. 

• Like 4

We live in a time where we know what folk are eating for Breakfast so why do we know every detail of why they are reuniting as the reason they give will probably not be good enough, keeps the Axl mystique. All band who reunite do the same thing, announce with a media conference and tell the whole word that they are best buddies again ( usually still hate each other) loads of television shows, again they don't usually want to be doing these shows but they need the attention and try to avoid the fact that the reunion is down to good old $$$. I would love to see something as i freaked out seeing that video  today but am i bothered that they have not  done anything ... no as they did what they are paid to do and that put on a kick ass rock show and i loved every minute of it. 

Also we actually don't know what they have up there sleeves .. maybe a 90min documentary, Official documentary with a decent budget and a live DVD. Then again they may just do the shows and end it. 

Edited by SSHGUNS
  • Like 1

Honestly, some of the entitlement in this thread is unbelievable.  All I know is I got to see two amazing shows in Vegas, and another in two months by my favorite band of all time.  Whether they are doing photoshoots together couldn't matter less to me.   If you think they owe you anything above and beyond what they've announced they're going to do, you have some serious issues.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jpduff said:

Alice Cooper just posted on his Facebook page. The Garden?

13087600_10154655375000400_4930600416343139728_n.jpg

He post very random stuff usually on Facebook and it just a old pic  as why would slash wear the top hat at rehearsals and its the old one 

3 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

image.jpeg

I was there. I have been to hundreds of shows and that one is still my all time favorite. Awesome setlist, insane crowd, near riot, no costume changes, Axl sounded killer, stripped down, raw but polished sound. May have been the tightest Guns ever were.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Asia said:

It's incredible how some people have gotten stubborn beyond reason to see how great Axl/DC is for GNR and refuse even to notice the obvious: that Axl didn't bother to make one photo, not to mention a photoshoot, with the reunited band before or during the tour, that he didn't bother to sit down with Slash in front of the camera to say even one sentence, that he never bothered to speak even once about how excited he was to be doing the GNR reunion gigs - NOTHING!!!! He never even made one proper tweet about this. Not when it was announced, not right before these shows happened, not while they were happening and not once after. But as soon as he got with AC/DC he is suddenly all over the place and getting photographed with Angus.

What band are you people fans of? Because if by chance this band is GNR then let me tell you something - your beloved singer has just given you a clear sign that he doesn't give a shit about the band that you just spent your thousands of dollars to see and he makes sure he'll show it as ostensibly as he can.

We're in the middle of the first Guns tour in 23 years and we don't even know if it is permanent, if there are any plans for music being released or if it's just a one-off, we don't know if Axl is happy about it or not, if he has any serious plans... Nothing. Who cares about GNR fans and getting photographed with Slash and Duff is obviously not worth his precious time.

thousands of likes to your post. I just dont have one left in my pockets.

Honestly, right now I want to be an AC/DC fan for the rest of my life and I seriously hope they keep Axl as singer until they fuckin' die. This is how things are supposed to be.

Guns N' Roses was a FUNERAL compared to this! I don't want to go back to that drag after all this excitement, videos, photos! I don't even want to go to their shows, I want AXL/DC forever and ever.

:headbang:

what's the meaning of - 'tomorrow will soon be history' ? does it mean a once in a lifetime chance to see Guns cause it all ends quickly within a blink of an eye? 'I was there' referring to the uniqueness of the shows and stuff?