Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Why?  It's Instagram...and in this case it seems to be mirroring his Twitter account.  Nothing original there.

Nothing original but there is some post that I didnt see it on twitter

Edited by SerenityScorp

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What would you know of her feelings and her current contact with Axl?

whoa, isnt that like going TOO FAR about someone you dont know?

Unless you were a teacher of Erin, I dont know how you can affirm she's not very bright. And what would that matter anyway for a relationship? Smart people get involved in crazy relationships too. Bright or not, she must be a special person and meant a lot to Axl (even with the problems) to inspire such beautiful songs he wrote for her.

Like someone said above, it is HER relationship and it is her feelings. No one else than her and Axl know what really happened there and the mutual feelings they have or had. Slash went back to Meegan and no one is judging or saying how bad it is that he divorced his wife and went back to an old relationship that didn't work 25 years ago.

I'm just stating what's been said and written about her. Obviously, I don't know her personally, but it seems plausible from what I've seen. And I only said that because someone commented that she acted like a teenager and it would explain that kind of behavior. I'm not saying her feeling aren't valid. Like I said before, I think they're perfectly valid and she has every right to express them, but lots of people will find her behaviour quite odd or questionable, considering her and Axl's history (if it was me for example, I would probably never forgive Axl, if what she said about him is true).

But like you yourself said in an earlier post, relationships are complicated. If she truly has forgiven Axl and wants to be with him, I'm going to raise my eye brows and certainly have my opinions about that, but I'm not even going to judge. They're both different people nowadays and who knows how things would work out this time around.

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The thing is this court case was settled out of court, which IMO, puts some veil of doubt on the accussations.

This subject crops up every so often and I would just like to point out that this was not a criminal case. This was a civil suit. I don't know that it makes any difference in your opinion, but as you were pointing out that she should have pushed it until he went to jail I thought I would let you know that Axl would not have gone to jail if he lost the case.  

4 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I'm just stating what's been said and written about her. Obviously, I don't know her personally, but it seems plausible from what I've seen. And I only said that because someone commented that she acted like a teenager and it would explain that kind of behavior. I'm not saying her feeling aren't valid. Like I said before, I think they're perfectly valid and she has every right to express them, but lots of people will find her behaviour quite odd or questionable, considering her and Axl's history (if it was me for example, I would probably never forgive Axl, if what she said about him is true).

But like you yourself said in an earlier post, relationships are complicated. If she truly has forgiven Axl and wants to be with him, I'm going to raise my eye brows and certainly have my opinions about that, but I'm not even going to judge. They're both different people nowadays and who knows how things would work out this time around.

Fair enough. I know I wouldn't forgive either if all the things she said that happened, actually happened. But then again, I am not her and I am not her age either. I see a lot of people her age and above becoming more relaxed about life and approaching problems in a total differnet way that I would approach them now. Just like now I'm approaching things not at all the same way I did fifteen years ago.

4 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

This subject crops up every so often and I would just like to point out that this was not a criminal case. This was a civil suit. I don't know that it makes any difference in your opinion, but as you were pointing out that she should have pushed it until he went to jail I thought I would let you know that Axl would not have gone to jail if he lost the case.  

I'm not American so I don't know how the law works over there. And maybe I was hyperbolizing the whole thing but my point is that if I had a guy doing that shit to me, I wouldn't settle down with money. But I don't know how is domestic violence handled in the U.S..... does it really all end up in negotiating a payment for the victim? If it's like that, then fucking lame.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm not American so I don't know how the law works over there. And maybe I was hyperbolizing the whole thing but my point is that if I had a guy doing that shit to me, I wouldn't settle down with money. But I don't know how is domestic violence handled in the U.S..... does it really all end up in negotiating a payment for the victim? If it's like that, then fucking lame.

I remember reading (here somewhere probably?) that Steph and Erin would have had to take their case to criminal court instead of civil court if they wanted Axl to go to jail or something. But Stephanie only filed a civil suit and then subpoenad Erin (I think?). Erin herself wouldn't even have gone to court at all. She said she blamed herself for how Axl treated her and only when she learned that he did the same thing to Stephanie did she come forward.

47 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

http://instagram.com/izzystradlin999

Ok, I didnt know Izzy has an IG...

Wonder if this manage by a Fan or Him????

This is actually very interesting.

And it's not exactly the same as his Twitter. I don't know if it's a fake or not, but if it's a fake it's a really good one. Because that person has the same spelling idiosyncrasies as Izzy. And posts stuff that is very Izzy-like (the Hanoi Rocks thing for example, various sport type things...)

The only thing that gives me pause is the fan art thing. Would Izzy really post fan art of himself that people send him? I have no idea.

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

...It's moments like this I feel slightly uncomfortable and out of place at this forum. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like for Axl or anyone, really, to come here and see that literally total strangers are discussing things like his ex-wife and how he is meant to be with her, other personal stuff etc etc. I dunno, man. I just don't know.

0:00 - 0:30

Comes with the package.

Edited by nonok
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

There are limitations on how long you can be charged for a crime after you commit it. This is called a statute of limitations. Each state has put their own limits on each crime whether it is theft, assault or what have you (killing someone there is no limit, you can always be charged for murder even it was a 100 years ago). At the time California's domestic violence statute of limitations was the person had to be charged within 2 years of the alleged incident.

However, though you may not be legally held accountable you can still be held civilly accountable  (instead of person vs the State the trial would be person vs person). The rules on wining a civil suit are much lower than that of a criminal suit. In a civil suit you are claiming someone did you injury and you want compensation for it. There are usually statutes on how long you have to file a civil suit as well, but I don't know what they are.

Domestic abuse is a very complicated, messy situation. There are many emotional and possibly financial reasons that an abused person will stay with their abuser.

37 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

This is actually very interesting.

And it's not exactly the same as his Twitter. I don't know if it's a fake or not, but if it's a fake it's a really good one. Because that person has the same spelling idiosyncrasies as Izzy. And posts stuff that is very Izzy-like (the Hanoi Rocks thing for example, various sport type things...)

The only thing that gives me pause is the fan art thing. Would Izzy really post fan art of himself that people send him? I have no idea.

I think its real after I see His Fanart post 

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/715185775927644164?s=09

Its same like on His twitter  but probably He didnt know how to share it from IG to Twitter

About posting Sport or Hanoi Rocks thing, If its manage by Fans, its probably just like every other member fanpage IG tht posting same stuff like The original account

Edited by SerenityScorp

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I think its real after I see His Fanart post 

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/715185775927644164?s=09

Its same like on His twitter  but probably He didnt know how to share it from IG to Twitter

About posting Sport or Hanoi Rocks thing, If its manage by Fans, its probably just like every other member fanpage IG tht posting same stuff like The original account

Link doesn't work for me. Says the page doesn't exist. What did he post? I've never seen him post anything related to fan art on his twitter.

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL cool clip. is it geeky that I know Sebastian better from Gilmore Girl reruns than his music? :P ooh I wonder if he'll be in the Gilmore Girls movies? :D

Geeky is good. Gives you rights to having a know-it-all attitude. :lol: And I don't really care if he's in the movie, but if he's gonna be in the mainstream, he should reunite with Skid Row and open for Guns for a few nights. After all, it's the year of deaths and reunions - they should pick the better choice. ;)

Just now, nonok said:

Geeky is good. Gives you rights to having a know-it-all attitude. :lol: And I don't really care if he's in the movie, but if he's gonna be in the mainstream, he should reunite with Skid Row and open for Guns for a few nights. After all, it's the year of deaths and reunions - they should pick the better choice. ;)

hahaha I like your style! it seems like everyone that was on the show is coming back so if he did it would not take up much of his time so he could conceivably do it all. after all go big or go home right?? :dance:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Same like this but without photo or link to His IG

Thanks. But it's strange, I just went through Izzy's entire Twitter and it shows nothing like this for me. Maybe because I'm not registered or something? :shrugs:

22 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL cool clip. is it geeky that I know Sebastian better from Gilmore Girl reruns than his music? :P ooh I wonder if he'll be in the Gilmore Girls movies? :D

Time for a Hep Alien reunion tour :lol:

1 hour ago, nonok said:

0:00 - 0:30

Comes with the package.

ahahahaa :rofl-lol:

this is a genius comeback!

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

There are limitations on how long you can be charged for a crime after you commit it. This is called a statute of limitations. Each state has put their own limits on each crime whether it is theft, assault or what have you (killing someone there is no limit, you can always be charged for murder even it was a 100 years ago). At the time California's domestic violence statute of limitations was the person had to be charged within 2 years of the alleged incident.

However, though you may not be legally held accountable you can still be held civilly accountable  (instead of person vs the State the trial would be person vs person). The rules on wining a civil suit are much lower than that of a criminal suit. In a civil suit you are claiming someone did you injury and you want compensation for it. There are usually statutes on how long you have to file a civil suit as well, but I don't know what they are.

Domestic abuse is a very complicated, messy situation. There are many emotional and possibly financial reasons that an abused person will stay with their abuser.

Aright. Thanks for the explanation. Makes a little more sense now. And yet again, we'll never know the real truth behind this.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

@alfierose I'm not actually angry or trying to have a serious argument, just felt like chiming in because I don't wanna do this assignment I'm working on. Feel free to delete my posts if you considered them off topic

Not aimed at you specifically. This thread wanders off track too easily which annoys other users who want to find updates, so just a reminder for all.

• Like 1