Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

18 minutes ago, Frey said:

Not trying to be sexist here by the way, I just read through the last couple pages and couldn't help but notice that most of the posters here who enjoy discussing Axl and Erin are female (killuridols, nonok, nn18, Italian girl, Lumikki, starlight, AxlsFavoriteRose, bossy78, Kira, etc... and SerenityScorp, sanity_lost and Scream of the Butterfly as well I'm guessing). All girls :P

And frankly, Erin's posts are the only actually GnR related news we have at the moment, and it beats discussing Pitman for me as well. 

Hey, I haven't discussed Erin......recently :P

39 minutes ago, Kira said:

Yes, when I like a celebrity or entertainer, I'm interested in their whole life, what makes them tick. Axis life is pretty interesting and Erin was a big part of the GnR lore. So yeah, I'm interested. This is why biographys sell people!

Same. If I weren't interested in them as people as well, I would never have read Slash's or Duff's book, for example. I didn't buy these books hoping to read about the technical details of their playing or their equipment or whatever, but to read about them as the people they are, their story, their point of views on certain things, etc.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Erin Everly is not "some girl" Axl dated 30 years ago. Don't throw her name there in the same shelf with Adriana Smith or Sasha Volkova.

Erin is the woman Axl had the longest relationship with. HE MARRIED HER. They conceived a child and unfortunately lost him/her. She's the subject of the lyrics to "Sweet Child O' Mine". She appears in that video (and the censored It's So Easy one). "Estranged" is about the ending of his relationship with her. The videos for "Don't Cry" and "November Rain" are inspired in Axl's relationship with Erin and some scenes are real life situations they went through together.

All of this information was given out by Axl. So yes, Erin Everly is part of Guns N' Roses and will always be, wether you like it or not, don't give a heck or not. Like someone else said above, Erin Everly is more significant to GN'R than the whole sum of Melissa Reese, Pitman, Buckethead, Finck, Ashba, Bumblefoot, Paul Tobias, Stinson and the rest of the hired guns will ever dream to be.

Im out of likes at the moment, but you summed it up pretty well. 

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i thought Estranged was about Stephanie and Dylan:shrugs:

Axl met Stephanie in in late 1990 or 1991. Estranged was written before that. Only the video has Steph and Dylan, but its not about them. None of the songs on UYI are about Steph. 

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Axl met Stephanie in in late 1990 or 1991. Estranged was written before that. Only the video has Steph and Dylan, but its not about them. None of the songs on UYI are about Steph. 

i meant the video

8 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i meant the video

Well the Video was actually about Axl and it went well with the song if you understand the meaning of it, everyone has a different way of seeing it. 

Axl and Erin were not in talking terms when the video was made so thats why she was not there. 

Axl and Steph were dating each other that time so well she was there? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Thank you! :P

No, Stephanie is not in the video. There are some archive images of her but it was shot after Axl and her broke up so Andy Morahan (the director) had to change the script and make a whole new video.

All this explanation is done by Axl in the 'Making Of' video that you can purchase or watch on YouTube.

29 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I just re watched all of those "Making of" videos recently....quite entertaining! But you do learn some interesting info as well. Highly recommended.

Totally.

But then you get people saying the videos are bloated, an embarrassment for the band, that they didn't play a major role in their popularity or that the subjects are just "some girls" who never mattered, while you have Axl in the videos talking lengths about those girls who don't matter :facepalm:

• Like 3