Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

49 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It's been said a thousand times but I'll say it again - Axl looks much better without all the layers. He looks badass there and he's in a plain t-shirt with no glasses or hats.

so if this is recent pic...Axl's robotic cast is off?

23 hours ago, killuridols said:

Totally.

But then you get people saying the videos are bloated, an embarrassment for the band, that they didn't play a major role in their popularity or that the subjects are just "some girls" who never mattered, while you have Axl in the videos talking lengths about those girls who don't matter :facepalm:

You are combining separate points and things different people say as if they are all the same thing or person or point. 

Gnr - and mainly Axl - did change between Appetite and the Illusions.  Even Slash has commented on how bloated and pretentious that Axl and GnR became. From a group of street urchins living on the streets to million dollar videos with Axl swimming with dolphins. It's one of the reasons that Izzy quit. It's one of the reasons the band broke up. 

To claim that Axl didn't become a victim of his success.....it's just ludicrous. Axl spent millions of dollars having backstage theme parties that the rest of the band thought were stupid and a waste of money.  Go watch fhe YouTube video of James hetfield talking about Axl's backstage demands. 

Those videos helped and hurt the band. Nov Rain set a standard that has rarely been matched since. But they also showed that GnR had became a completely different entity than the band that created Appetite and Lies. 

And of course Erin was important to Axl. As was every girl he dated. And every life experience that he experienced. All those things shaped him into the songwriter and person he is. 

Sometimes you have to put your fandom aside and look at the actual facts. You and I love the Illusions. But a lot of hard rock fans were turned off by the band that GnR had turned into. That's why Appetite has sold twice as many copies as either Illusion. 

Edited by Apollo

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

We can agree to disagree on what is important to GnR. I don't care when you disagree with me. Conversely, you shouldn't get your feelings hurt when I disagree with you. It's a forum for sharing ideas.

As you seem to have got your knickers in a twist, I will point out that you are completely contradicting yourself. "It's a forum for sharing ideas" so why the rant?  Not your topic of interest fine, it now has its own thread. ?  Calm.

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 2

Things seem to have gone WAY off topic again.

Please take anything not directly related to GNR Social Media to another thread and any personal arguments to Anything Goes or PMs. 

Thanks! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Translated: Axl ain't signing shit anymore

He writes with one hand, holds a beer with the other while he dances macarena! he won't be signing anymore, that's the main message.. sad!

Edited by Carlycosmos

Just now, downzy said:

For a while?  Does that mean he's holding out until eBay folds?

Better solution: sign items by including the name who owns them.  While not full proof, at least this way he's more likely signing stuff for actual fans.  

sign items with name/sign on the skin
trying to find Axl's signatures on Ebay and I can't find anything

10 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

He writes with one hand, hold a beer with the other while he dances macarena! he won't be signing anymore, that's the main message.. sad!

I don't blame him. Hope he figures out a way to sign for the fans though. 

My guess whatever was there on eBay is no longer.