Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Why is it so important for him, though?

I'd rather have him getting mad at scalpers and people who dont let the real fans get a ticket for their shows, then have to buy them for ridiculous prices. Put your focus there, Axl.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Underhardy said:

Axl tweets a lot when he's confident and knows he's bringing the rasp.. Like in 2009/2010 and around the first few Axl/Dc shows.. I believe he has lost confidence as now his voice seems to have gotten much weaker. He stopped tweeted after about the third show, and that's when his voice started showing signs of weakness. Axl has lost confidence

Of all the crazy fan theories in the world, this is definitely one of them...

• Like 1

Axl tweets a lot when he's confident and knows he's bringing the rasp.. Like in 2009/2010 and around the first few Axl/Dc shows.. I believe he has lost confidence as now his voice seems to have gotten much weaker. He stopped tweeted after about the third show, and that's when his voice started showing signs of weakness. Axl has lost confidence

there's something to this... think deeper people...coincidence? i think not...

Edited by scooby845

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

there's something to this... think deeper people...coincidence? i think not...

Are you guys saying he's already blown his voice and he'll be squeaking like a little mouse throughout the whole not in this lifetime big sensational GNR reunion tour? 

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

Are you guys saying he's already blown his voice and he'll be squeaking like a little mouse throughout the whole not in this lifetime big sensational GNR reunion tour? 

not necessarily... but Axl has only a week of rest before the tour starts...

He sounded great in Switzerland.

7 minutes ago, Kira said:

He sounded great in Switzerland.

Thunderstruck from Bern, Swiss sounded quite rough compared to Marseille, even Lisbon or Seville. More cracks and voice breaks. And, Thunderstruck has probably been his best song to perform from the AC DC catalogue.

Edited by AFGnR

13 minutes ago, downzy said:

With respect to adults, I've never understood the appeal of autographs to begin with (with kids it's different, since most kids generally live in idolized world to begin with).  To each other own of course, but if I've only got 15 seconds to a minute to meet someone I admire, I'm not going to waste most of it asking for them to sign something.  For me, it's far better to get to shake the person's hand, thank them for what they've done, and get a chance to interact briefly.   The minute you ask for a picture or an autograph you're treating them like a sideshow, another cool thing to brag about to your friends and acquaintances on Facebook.  I generally leave those kinds of pictures to wild animals.  Again, to each their own.  

For some people that's exactly what it is, I'm sure - a way to brag on Facebook or their social media of choice. I think that many others, including myself, simply think of it as a way to remember the meeting. When I go somewhere fun with my friends or family we pose for photos together, too. Years on, the details of events might fade, and it's nice to look back at those photos and remember. There are people I've lost touch with over the years that I never got pictures of/with, and I regret it. Obviously the celebrity isn't your friend but it's the same concept.

Autographs I'm pretty meh on, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downzy said:

With respect to adults, I've never understood the appeal of autographs to begin with (with kids it's different, since most kids generally live in idolized world to begin with).  To each other own of course, but if I've only got 15 seconds to a minute to meet someone I admire, I'm not going to waste most of it asking for them to sign something.  For me, it's far better to get to shake the person's hand, thank them for what they've done, and get a chance to interact briefly.   The minute you ask for a picture or an autograph you're treating them like a sideshow, another cool thing to brag about to your friends and acquaintances on Facebook.  I generally leave those kinds of pictures to wild animals.  Again, to each their own.  

Interesting perspective.

What do you think of this fad of having them celebrities autograph your body and then tattoing it?

1 hour ago, stella said:

For some people that's exactly what it is, I'm sure - a way to brag on Facebook or their social media of choice. I think that many others, including myself, simply think of it as a way to remember the meeting. When I go somewhere fun with my friends or family we pose for photos together, too. Years on, the details of events might fade, and it's nice to look back at those photos and remember. There are people I've lost touch with over the years that I never got pictures of/with, and I regret it. Obviously the celebrity isn't your friend but it's the same concept.

Autographs I'm pretty meh on, though.

My thoughts exactly. I'd take a photo over an autograph any day. Signed stuff is cool, but if I could choose one or the other I think a photo makes for a better memory.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

something like this likely happened. That's what prompted the last eBay attack haha

its how he covers up an incident where he's had enough, can't say I blame him

That one was a little ridiculous. They literally shoved stuff in his face as he was trying to get somewhere. I haven't seen any instances of that so hopefully it wasn't a similar situation. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Underhardy said:

I dunno about 09/10 but from wht I see, Axl tweets only 3/4 tweets per month.. Anymore than that its probably His sarcasm tweets

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Interesting perspective.

What do you think of this fad of having them celebrities autograph your body and then tattoing it?

Only justifiable if you work out and have guns for arms (cough, @Black Sabbath)

Seriously, whatever floats your boat.  Not something I'd ever do.  Actually, seeing the movie Trainwreck made me reexamine buying jerseys with an athlete's name on the back.  Now looks like that person is the property of that athlete.  Autographed tattoos are on a whole other level. :P   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, axlslash said:

Axl's right, too. I waited around after the Philly UCaP show (along with @The Real McCoy, @Tyler Drama, and others). There were probably 30 people there, half fans and half obvious dealers. Fans had photos and merch, and mostly wound up behind the dealers because they came while we were at the show. Axl did a good job of having Fernando kick as many of them out as possible before Axl even came out, and Axl was clearly trying to be selective, but I missed Richard and Frank entirely because the dealers boxed me out. I'm glad I waited, and my picture (big ups to Powerage, who I can't tag for some reason, for the photo) is among my favorite autographed items, but that aspect of it was super shitty.

Best. Night. Ever.

• Like 1

GNR's music has meant alot to me since i was 8 years old but i don't know if i'd ask Axl Rose for an autograph, i certainly wouldn't join in with a horde of other people to get one. If i happened to run into the guy i'd just say thanks for the music, shake his hand and if the vibe was right maybe get a picture.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, downzy said:

....... In the rare event we get to meet that person, I think it's more advantageous to stop consuming them as an artist and relate to them as a person......  

Beautifully said.

It sucks when people get shit signed by Axl or any other personality and then try to sell it on ebay.

Axl tweeted he's not signing anything anymore because of jerks who do this!

He gave a shout out to his "real fans". I wish I could get something signed by Axl! I would put it on a huge frame and hang it on my wall!:dance:

14 hours ago, downzy said:

Only justifiable if you work out and have guns for arms (cough, @Black Sabbath)

Seriously, whatever floats your boat.  Not something I'd ever do.  Actually, seeing the movie Trainwreck made me reexamine buying jerseys with an athlete's name on the back.  Now looks like that person is the property of that athlete.  Autographed tattoos are on a whole other level. :P   

True that!

"Autographed tattoos are on a whole other level."........... whole other level of what? :P

haha better not complete the sentence! :lol: