Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They're one of the worst openers I can think of. Had the misfortune of seeing them live, even worse live :/ 

what are they? Screamo? Shit screamo?

Wow, haven't heard of them in like 12 years! Didn't know they were still playing. 

Luckily they have nothing to do with the original 80'/90's screamo, so I would just call them simple and plain shit rock if i'd had to. 

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They're one of the worst openers I can think of. Had the misfortune of seeing them live, even worse live :/ 

what are they? Screamo? Shit screamo?

I've bolded the word that best describes them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rosesandguns said:

Wow, haven't heard of them in like 12 years! Didn't know they were still playing. 

Luckily they have nothing to do with the original 80'/90's screamo, so I would just call them simple and plain shit rock if i'd had to. 

Yeah, they had a moment of popularity in the late nineties I think?  I can't believe they are still around either, what an odd choice. 

• Like 1

I don't get the hate for Billy Talent. For me they are the perfect openers for GNR. Strong melodies and recognizable songs; very energetic and powerful performance; not overly complex artsy fartsy stuff but straight in your face rock. Sure the singer screams often, but he really can sing too and does exactly this most of the time. All taken togerher always made me see them as a pretty direct offspring of classic GNR.

I'd go nuts if i could see BT/GNR in Europe. :(

Edited by Schwarzgold

13 hours ago, oaka said:

English is not my mother language but instead of 'It's felt' , shouldn't they have written "it felt"?? #myEnglishneedimprovement? 

Screenshot_2016-06-16-19-04-34.png

It is fine:   "It has felt like a lifetime" 

(That present perfect progressiveis used for something that started in the past and continues to this day)

• Like 1

Slash with Skrillex

(I didn't even know it was a guy, I thought Skrillex was a band :P)

Edit: I just noticed it's an old pic, I haven't read the caption :facepalm:

Edited by nn18

7 minutes ago, nn18 said:

Slash with Skrillex

I must say that I don't have a problem with Skrillex as a musician (he's got a lot more musical talent then most DJs out there) but seeing him open for GN'R is a really weird mix...
But GN'R played Coachella which isn't really a rock festival so I don't know, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?...

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

2 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I must say that I don't have a problem with Skrillex as a musician (he's got a lot more musical talent then most DJs out there) but seeing him open for GN'R is a really weird mix...
But GN'R played Coachella which isn't really a rock festival so I don't know, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?...

They're going pop. Their next album will have Justin Bieber and Lady GaGa on it.

You heard it here first! 

12 hours ago, Gem Archer said:

looks like duff will be at steve jones radio show tomorrow...

I wonder how much Duff will get into the Guns N' Roses stuff in the interview as you never know about this band, hahaha that why i love them. 

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

ohh...alrighty then! I presume it was something like this - :rofl-lol:... right?

I guess I should have used some exclamation points or emojis to avoid any misunderstanding of my tone! :-)