Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

13 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Could be interpreted either way. I'm guessing he meant for the AC/DC tour though, since he put the lightning bolt emoji at the end. 

Sure, because it's a breath of fresh air. Doing the same shit can be stagnant for a musician. You're reading way too far into this. I see Steve Harris play with his side band British Lion to a crowd of 100 people in a bar where they can barely fit five guys on stage, and he looks like he's enjoying himself more than he does onstage with Iron Maiden. Does that mean he's going to dissolve Maiden so he can focus on his other band full time? Of course not. 

He's not doing the same shit, for God's sake, that's the whole point! He hasn't been performing or writing with Slash and Duff for twenty years so what same shit are you talking about?!

Had they beeen together for the last 20 years or was he going on tour with the Ashba lineup with which he already got bored, fine, I'd understand. But this is the first tour with Slash and Duff in 2 decades and yet he doesn't care and only misses ACDC. Well, that's lame.

And this is music not some chair factory. If someone is sick of doing chairs and still makes them cause they have to provide for themselves, I don't care. If they're professionals it doesn't show in a chair. But a lack of interest of a musician in the art he performs will always show because that's what it is all about - the heart that someone puts into it. And if Axl's heart  isn't into it, then we're being ripped off. Sadly.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As others said, the AXL/DC thing was something new and exciting for him; he sang some of his favorite songs with one of his favorite bands and he had fun. Moreover, the majority of AC/DC fans, among them the die-hards, although skeptic to say the least, gave him a chance and finally accepted him. He feels grateful.

This doesn't mean he puts AC/DC over GnR. GnR is his band, his legacy and his biggest achievement in life. That said...

... and although no one can tell what's in his head, it's possible that he felt he couldn't go on with GnR forever. I don't think it's because he got tired or bored (he said he liked the pre-reunion lineup), but because he realized that NuGuns was going nowhere after CD and he was frustrated. If this is the case, the reunion, with a big tour and hopefully new material, is proper closure for him; he's made peace with Slash, he gives the fans what they'd been hoping for all these years, and at the same time the CD era is being acknowledged and established as part of the band's history, since Slash and Duff play the songs and there are NuGuns members in the lineup. Regardless, from what he said in the China Exchange interview, it seems that the reunion is very important to him and he wants it to work.

ITA. He might be happy at this stage in his life doing different projects - it doesn't mean he wants to discard GnR. It seemed he really was a fan of AC/DC and was happy to be a part of their shows. Duff has a zillion different bands that he actively plays with, and it seems to work for him. During the heyday of GnR both Axl and Slash worked with other musicians. Sometimes a change of scenery can be nice.

Axl's Axl and he refused to have anything to do with a reunion for years, despite all the people who were pressuring him. I don't think he would do it now unless he really wanted it and had decided to fully commit to it. There are rumors here and there that they're writing new music; his renewed friendships with Slash and Duff might inspire him to keep going with GnR.

I do think that he'd probably wound up things with NuGNR, and that if the reconciliation with Slash and Duff hadn't happened, he would have moved on.

Edited by stella
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

This song is bad, really bad. There's no connection with GNR in it, I hope...

If anything theres more of a connection to avocados in it lol but yes horribly written track. Whats happened to Izzy?

• Like 2

The reality and the fact is that Steven Adler has written better songs than Izzy and Axl since the past couple of years.

Alive, Fading, Waterfall, Just Don't Ask, Good to be bad.

Those are some amazing songs.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, James Bond said:

Nothing extremely exciting but it's a 15 second clip of rehearsals. Unfortunately, the audio isn't live (it's just the studio track) and it mostly highlights Duff since it's a Fender exclusive.

Haha, love Mellissa listening to her bose headphones through the hoodie 

1 hour ago, BatVin said:

Haha, love Mellissa listening to her bose headphones through the hoodie 

I think it is very cool that she is in gnr, I like her much more than pitman. Her sining sounds very good and makes the Songs better i think :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

The reality and the fact is that Steven Adler has written better songs than Izzy and Axl since the past couple of years.

Alive, Fading, Waterfall, Just Don't Ask, Good to be bad.

Those are some amazing songs.

Alive is a kick-ass song. It's great that they made a sing along version too.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Wow, much ado about nothing Axl's tweet. 

Of course he misses it, he's just been a part of rock'n'roll history. They are his lifelong idols, he must have been thrilled singing with them. This European Axl/DC tour has been a huge thing not only for the fans but also for Axl and acdc. Axl has won over many nay sayers and has proven he still got it. That doesn't mean he no longer cares about GNR. I think it's given him new energy and motivation for the upcoming tour. 

ICON6.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Now Slash has tweeted a photo of the old ad for the Clapper. Clap on, clap off... What the fuck is going on up in Rock City today???!

Not sure but it's pulling teeth for anyone in the GNR camp to explain anything. It's a shame.. This could be a record setting tour but oh well, maybe the next one :P 

Edited by Billsfan

@The Archer It's all about the spirit..people have the urge to immerse and engage into it the same way they did the first time they found out about GnR...they need to feel that surprise and freshness of the moment...but the AFD or UYI spirit of the time cannot be replicated - that's why this feels somewhat less of an experience.. 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 7:44 PM, Whiskey Rose said:

Haha, I'm going to go there too..you know why? Because, and I am sorry, but these lyrics are terrible.  I'm going get a lot of hate for this, I know..cause it's Izzy. Now I haven't heard the song, but this is so simplistic, that it literally could be the theme song for Sesame Street or something..so therefore,  I HOPE it's alluding to GnR members! Axl has a white wall around his house right? Ok so he's a definite barrier to Izzy..and why bring the imagery of a dog up twice in the same song?? So therefore yes, Slash and Duff are the other barking egos..but why are they only surrounded by a chain link fence? Are they more open to him? yet still unable to fully reach him...hmm.. <_<

What I find funny, is I know it drove Axl crazy how simply Izzy did things.  And here the guy is...writing a song about walking down the fucking street. 

21 minutes ago, Kira said:

What I find funny, is I know it drove Axl crazy how simply Izzy did things.  And here the guy is...writing a song about walking down the fucking street. 

haha! so true. I just heard the first part of the song, seems kinda catchy, so in the end, maybe these type of lyrics are the way to go..perhaps Axl can counter/join in, with a song about sitting in the back yard having a Bud..  

22 hours ago, killuridols said:

Those lyrics are so shitty that the fact some are reading hidden meanings from them is pretty telling of the triumph of addictive substances on the brains of people.

Hope you don't think I'm trolling you @killuridols since we got into the Izzy topic in another thread, but we definitely have different opinions and I can't help but jump in to respond to your posts as they are so opposite to my opinions :)

Please don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not an Axl hater, but GNR fans waited from 1993 until 2008 for Chinese to be released, and it had lyrics like:

Gonna call the president
Gonna call a private eye
Gonna get the IRS
Gonna need the FBI
There's not anymore
That I can do

Axls scream in I.R.S is f'n badass we can all agree, it's just a shame that lazy lyrics like the above usually make me skip the song before I even get to the scream.

Izzy may not be the best lyricist ever, but he has consistently knocked out one catchy tune after another since leaving GNR (119 originals in total). Back in March/April Izzy said he was writing again, then a week ago he said he was mixing a song, and already us Izzy fans are hearing it for free. A lot may not consider it his best song to date, but the significant majority are enjoying it for what it is - yet another solid tune with that RNR spirit.

Don't you wish that Axl were more like Izzy? Knocking out an album of 10 decent songs every year? They may not be "epics", some may be filler, but nothing on Chinese was worth the wait anyway.... it couldn't possibly live up to the hype/mysteria. Just hit the record button, rock the fuck out, and release it..... rinse and repeat. I'd be as happy as a pig in shit if Axl would take this route :headbang: I think most of us diehards would be more than happy with Axl just screaming a load of bollocks over some killer riffs with the occassional solo thrown in for good measure :lol:

• Like 3