Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

SHIT YES SON!!!

Sounds awsome to me! Really really his laidback style! What he's doing right now is just making me want all the more that he's part of future GnR songwriting. It's just what they need!

...that said I am afraid that it won't happen.

Just now, Limpan said:

Sounds awsome to me! Really really his laidback style! What he's doing right now is just making me want all the more that he's part of future GnR songwriting. It's just what they need!

...that said I am afraid that it won't happen.

His song writing is horrible with these new songs. Old songs he was great but the new stuff lyrically is shit house.

Yes, I am walkin down the street
yea I am walkin down the street

walkin past a concrete wall
I hear a big dog barkin there
So I keep walkin down the street
Got no place I need to be
Sky is blue, the trees are green
So I keep walkin down the street

Walkin past a chain link fence
Couple big dogs barkin at
Yea I am walkin down the street
Future’s just a mystery
Past is just your history
So keep on walkin’, I’ll just see

Yes I am good today, tomorrows better, if you find a way
Yes I am good today, tomorrows better when you find a way

4 minutes ago, vloors said:

Music wise it's OK but lyrically it's horrible

I don't think he's ever wrote very good lyrics. I appreciated most of the solo stuff he released even though most of it has been quite simple lyric-wise. I might just be a simple dude. :P

13 minutes ago, starlight said:

Proably he has his reasons though...Imagine if they didn't call him at all, how would you feel in his place?<_<

It looks like they didn't tell anybody from past line ups, sneaky or what?! I would bet on it that they never called Izzy and he found out same way as us!! 

I wonder who it was that made up the Steven with his bad back lie too :/ pretty obvious they're just ignoring him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Well, this is getting good now :popcorn:

To all the people who've been saying that everyone's reading too much into Izzy's posts, and songs... Nope. He's definitely taking shots at the band and has been ever since he started his Twitter account. The stuff he's been posting is not accidental. He's making his thoughts and opinions known, without actually saying anything directly (maybe a gag order?)

I don't know whether to be horrified or amused though. I expected social media nonsense and bitterness from Adler and Sorum, but from Izzy?  

I agree with everything you said. Izzy's tweets have never been random, just like the fact that he has been posting and deleting things - he wants to get his message across but also not to be considered an idiot (e.g. the Axl impersonator tweet, which was a big shot at Axl). 

The rift between them seems to be huge right now. I mean, you can ignore some tweets which have since then been deleted but how do you ignore a song with obvious references to you? Let's say our changes to see Izzy as a guest is highly improbable at the moment of speaking, which really saddens me. 

Edited by oaka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Well, this is getting good now :popcorn:

To all the people who've been saying that everyone's reading too much into Izzy's posts, and songs... Nope. He's definitely taking shots at the band and has been ever since he started his Twitter account. The stuff he's been posting is not accidental. He's making his thoughts and opinions known, without actually saying anything directly (maybe a gag order?)

I don't know whether to be horrified or amused though. I expected social media nonsense and bitterness from Adler and Sorum, but from Izzy?! :facepalm::rofl-lol:

Well, whatever else you want to say about this band, at least it always manages to provide entertaining drama :awesomeface:

(And if they really never even asked him, Slaxluff (thanks @SerenityScorp :P) deserve to be hit with a stick :bitchfight:)

24 minutes ago, oaka said:

I agree with everything you said. Izzy's tweets have never been random, just like the fact that he has been posting and deleting things - he wants to get his message across but also not to be considered an idiot (e.g. the Axl impersonator tweet, which was a big shot at Axl). 

The rift between them seems to be huge right now. I mean, you can ignore some tweets which have since then been deleted but how do you ignore a song with obvious references to you? Let's say our changes to see Izzy as a guest is highly improbable at the moment of speaking, which really saddens me. 

If theres meaning on His tweet,  Im curious about Izzy early tweets, Someone said Izzy tweet You owe Me one, Bro (@)AxlRose N' He deletes it

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It looks like they didn't tell anybody from past line ups, sneaky or what?! I would bet on it that they never called Izzy and he found out same way as us!! 

I wonder who it was that made up the Steven with his bad back lie too :/ pretty obvious they're just ignoring him. 

Yeah I think the same. Marc Canter himself suggested that Axl Slash and Duff didn't tell Izzy about their projects and I believe he knows something so that must be the reason :facepalm:

It really sucks that they treated Izzy this way

• Like 3

I guess the same with Matt, he said he was never invited, Gilby also said he din't hear about the reunion.

All of them were just hearing from different sources and not from Slash, Axl and Duff themselves. 

Yeah they left the band or were kicked out of the band, but how can we forget that Axl and Slash were the biggest enemies in the past 20 years, so if they can patch up, then I would have seen no problem in telling and calling the others too.

• Like 2

LOL at the lyrics, Seriously Izzy Stradlin has become the next Steven Adler.

It takes a lifetime to earn respect and not even a second to lose it all

But I don't blame him, he deserves to be there, the amount of song writing in GNR he did and the contributions he made, it wouldn't be GNR without him and Fortus would be still touring with Shitney Spears or Rihanna. 

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jpduff said:

Dear Axl... LOOK AT THIS! LOOK AT THIS! LOOOOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Capture.PNG

Damn!

If theres Someone dare to tag this to The Trinity or GN'R, Im pretty sure They will get blocked

Feels like new chapter for new drama

This means war?

large.jpg

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, jpduff said:

Dear Axl... LOOK AT THIS! LOOK AT THIS! LOOOOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Capture.PNG

A improbable duo in the GNR history since Izzy seemed to hate his drumming back in the day is doing music while the almighty big three is doing fuckin nothing. 

Oh wait, they're doing a shitload of money. 

I hope Izzy and Matt contributes more in the future, maybe a new band with a killer guitarrist and vocals. I'd love to see Eric Dover back. 

• Like 1

IZZY IS THE FUCKING MAN.

OK, so let's think about a "Fighter Pilot" for a few seconds...

A fighter pilot is a military guy that handles some serious shit and kicks some serious ass.  He doesn't necessarily get PAID a whole lot of money for this heavy and honorable work.

Once the "Fighter Pilot" leaves the military, he can get hired into the commercial world and work for a HUGE corporation and make some LARGE money.  

A "Fighter Pilot" has integrity and valor and honor.

A "Commercial Pilot" is considered a sell-out.

Do I have to spell it out any more for you all?  I repeat:

IZZY IS THE FUCKING MAN.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

The lyrics :facepalm:, come on Izzy, you can do better:

Yes, I am walkin down the street

While I am reading Izzy's tweet

About the band he wants to meet

Thinkin' that it would be so sweet

Sky is blue, the trees are green

Izzy's tweets are getting mean

Now it can be clearly seen

That he longs to be the queen

:smiley-confused2:

Better than the old (original) one! :lol:

I don't think Izzy is serious when writing those songs he just wants to play. And I read somewhere on forum somebody said that they asked Izzy to join but he turned it down because he didn't got piece of pie he wants.

4 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

If theres meaning on His tweet,  Im curious about Izzy early tweets, Someone said Izzy tweet You owe Me one, Bro (@)AxlRose N' He deletes it

Yeah what the fuck was that all about? Why does Axl owe him? Because Izzy was nice enough not to slam them in the media about the whole reunion thing?

Edited by Frey

7 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

I don't think Izzy is serious when writing those songs he just wants to play. And I read somewhere on forum somebody said that they asked Izzy to join but he turned it down because he didn't got piece of pie he wants.

Maybe thts why He make that song

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Speculating the bleeding obvious

Or it might not be.

Some people swear Sorry is about Slash. Axl - the man who wrote the song - says it isn't. But I guess some fans are saying Axl is a liar. 

• Like 2