Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Steven.

So?  What you said still wasn't true.  DJ made his decision I don't care why.

What I said was true. You're literally arguing just for the sake of it and you've been doing a lot of that around here lately with claiming axls voice isn't good and kohd not needing reggae and what not.. It is true bro

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

What I said was true. You're literally arguing just for the sake of it and you've been doing a lot of that around here lately with claiming axls voice isn't good and kohd not needing reggae and what not.. It is true bro

Excellent post.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

He sticks up for Axls vocals all the time lol 

gnr do not need reggae :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

No I'm not what you said wasn't true, get over it  You're the one actually arguing here not me.

I'm also not the only one talking about those things.   Those, however, are opinions.  You've mis-represented a fact, deal with it.

Edited by tsinindy

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He sticks up for Axls vocals all the time lol 

gnr do not need reggae :lol:

Not in the Kansas show thread. GNR can do what they want, it's their band that being Axl slash and duff

11 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No I'm not what you said wasn't true, get over it  You're the one actually arguing here not me.

I'm also not the only one talking about those things.   Those, however, are opinions.  You've mis-represented a fact, deal with it.

No I've called it like it is, I think you just want the situation to read exactly like you want it. And you're wrong, you just have a problem with being wrong. We're human. The point was people quit guns n roses and were replaced, which is why izzy and Steven and Matt aren't in it. Tommy was out, then duff came back. Bumblefoot quit, then reunion rumors started and it was put into motion. So slash coming back, was in motion before Dj quit. Then Dj quit, but he wasn't fired and Axl was apparently surprised and taken back by it. All facts 

But go ahead, keep babbling that you're right when you're not, that's something you have to deal with, not me :D 

Edited by Billsfan

Just now, tsinindy said:

My man!  The problem is the last time you and I were together on something we ended up being wrong!

Hahahaha, yeah but well that was a tricky thing, All I can say is expect the unexpected in the GNR world

37 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Not in the Kansas show thread. GNR can do what they want, it's their band that being Axl slash and duff

No I've called it like it is, I think you just want the situation to read exactly like you want it. And you're wrong, you just have a problem with being wrong. We're human. The point was people quit guns n roses and were replaced, which is why izzy and Steven and Matt aren't in it. Tommy was out, then duff came back. Bumblefoot quit, then reunion rumors started and it was put into motion. So slash coming back, was in motion before Dj quit. Then Dj quit, but he wasn't fired and Axl was apparently surprised and taken back by it. All facts 

But go ahead, keep babbling that you're right when you're not, that's something you have to deal with, not me :D 

You don't know why Izzy isn't in, I dont think.  Right?  I mean you can guess or postulate, etc.. There's pretty good evidence available he was asked or inquired or had contact about and was offered something he found unacceptable.  Again, I don't know why for sure...and it makes me wonder why you think you know.

and again DJ said he left bc of the regrouping and Slashs return.  That is a fact.  You've pontificated upon the fact liberally to try to explain why you're right.  That's great but when I said what you said wasn't totally true, it wasn't.  End of story and im done with this.

Edited by tsinindy

17 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You don't know why Izzy isn't in, I dont think.  Right?  I mean you can guess or postulate, etc.. There's pretty good evidence available he was asked or inquired or had contact about and was offered something he found unacceptable.  Again, I don't know why for sure...and it makes me wonder why you think you know.

and again DJ said he left bc of the regrouping and Slashs return.  That is a fact.  You've pontificated upon the fact liberally to try to explain why you're right.  That's great but when I said what you said wasn't totally true, it wasn't.  End of story and im done with this.

So you know why izzy isn't in then? I'm just basing everything I posted off of literally facts. Axl had Fortus there, and he's still there. He was asked, yes, probably even offered guest spots for x amount of money on x amount of shows. He apparently didn't like that. This is literally how it appears..

Everything I said about Dj was true. Dj initially said he wanted to dedicate himself to sixx am and his family when he left. Then after slash and duff returned his reasons were he didn't want to be in the reunion, but he quit he was never fired. Another fact. You're literally arguing for the sake of arguing, and thanks for that. Using big language doesn't change the fact that you have yet to prove one logical point beyond saying Dj sucks for cheap likes. Thank you for keeping me on my toes, sorry you couldn't keep up. 

12 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

So you know why izzy isn't in then? I'm just basing everything I posted off of literally facts. Axl had Fortus there, and he's still there. He was asked, yes, probably even offered guest spots for x amount of money on x amount of shows. He apparently didn't like that. This is literally how it appears..

Everything I said about Dj was true. Dj initially said he wanted to dedicate himself to sixx am and his family when he left. Then after slash and duff returned his reasons were he didn't want to be in the reunion, but he quit he was never fired. Another fact. You're literally arguing for the sake of arguing, and thanks for that. Using big language doesn't change the fact that you have yet to prove one logical point beyond saying Dj sucks for cheap likes. Thank you for keeping me on my toes, sorry you couldn't keep up. 

Read what I said you clearly didn't.

18 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

This whole argument is going nowhere... Can't we all just agree to disagree? Especially with subjects that require 100% speculation? 

Edit: Tsinindy is usually in the middle of it. :rofl-lol: Nevertheless, I am impressed by your vocabulary.

Edited by Un42nutzly

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I guess the same with Matt, he said he was never invited, Gilby also said he din't hear about the reunion.

All of them were just hearing from different sources and not from Slash, Axl and Duff themselves. 

Yeah they left the band or were kicked out of the band, but how can we forget that Axl and Slash were the biggest enemies in the past 20 years, so if they can patch up, then I would have seen no problem in telling and calling the others too.

How can you put Axl and Slash in the same level than Gilby, Sorum, etc? :facepalm:

Fixing the Ax-Slash feud was essential for Guns N' Roses. All the rest are people who can be easily replaced, but Slash and Axl are the stars of the show!

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

LOL at the lyrics, Seriously Izzy Stradlin has become the next Steven Adler.

It takes a lifetime to earn respect and not even a second to lose it all

But I don't blame him, he deserves to be there, the amount of song writing in GNR he did and the contributions he made, it wouldn't be GNR without him and Fortus would be still touring with Shitney Spears or Rihanna. 

He made his contribution and that's not denied by anyone. Now, just because he contributed once and then left for 25 years, that doesn't grant him the right to come back and want to accomodate the game to his favor.

Guns N' Roses is Axl Roses band. He kept the name alive for all the years Izzy and the rest left. He has the last saying on who stays and who leaves and who comes back. I don't know what Izzy wanted but it was probably something Axl was not willing to put up with, from the perspective of the captain who's in charge of the band.

Izzy probably just wanted to play but not get involved with show production and all those "boring" things that come with the business.

6 hours ago, Asia said:

I actually hope there is war and GNR responds with the same - NEW MUSIC!

yeaaah! :headbang:

This should be fuckin' motivation for Axl! Unless he's gone all zen now, which would be :facepalm:

We need Get in The Ring 2!

:P

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Dj left because how the hell could he ever split solos with slash? His role would have changed. In axls mind, he was probably replacing not bumblefoot. Dj has also changed his answer a few times in that regard and axls side of it would help..  But the point is, Axl didn't force Dj out. He never gave him the pink slip so in that regard, I'm right 

I think it's extremely naive to believe that Dj Ashba was actually asked to stay. It makes me laugh really hard every time I read that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

How can you put Axl and Slash in the same level than Gilby, Sorum, etc? :facepalm:

The same way Axl put DJ Ashba in a band which had guitar parts composed by Slash and Izzy.

I won't keep on going regarding this Izzy thing, its his life, he can do whatever he wants.

But it would be great if some one from the band or Izzy himself gives a clear clarification and not some diplomatic answer or songs bashing each other. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

The same way Axl put DJ Ashba in a band which had guitar parts composed by Slash and Izzy.

I won't keep on going regarding this Izzy thing, its his life, he can do whatever he wants.

But it would be great if some one from the band or Izzy himself gives a clear clarification and not some diplomatic answer or songs bashing each other. 

That's not the same.

Axl was rebuilding his band and he always made it known that replacing Slash was the hardest thing on earth. Axl never denied Slash talent. He went out of his way to keep Slash in GNR.

Only reason why Slash was out of GN'R is because they had a fall out.

Sorum, Clarke and all the replacements are not needed. Not core to the band.

Izzy may be needed to write an album, not for the shows though.

6 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I never thought there would be a day where gnr fans would bash Izzy -- he seemed like the one person who everyone universally respected. Axl fans seem to be reaching new lows of late.

It's Izzy's band as much as Axl's. Unless you consider 1996-2015 to be the era where Axl kept the name alive. Yes -- because releasing 1 poorly reviewed album in 25 years and embarrassing yourself on tour for 10 yrs (see fat Axl and predator Axl) constitutes keeping a band alive. If anything he badly damaged the legacy of the band.

Point being, Izzy deserves to get his share of the partnership back. Pay the man what he deserves. 

I get your point and don't disagree with what you are saying in spirit.  But Izzy choose to leave and choose to agree to giving up his partnership.  So while it may have been as much his band as anyone from the start.  He walked out on it earlier than anyone else as well.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 4