Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

8 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I get your point and don't disagree with what you are saying in spirit.  But Izzy choose to leave and choose to agree to giving up his partnership.  So while it may have been as much his band as anyone from the start.  He walked out on it earlier than anyone else as well.

Fair enough but going by Izzy's interviews from that time, it sounds like he felt he was forced out by Axl's antics and the rest of the band's wild drug abuse.

Let's not forget, Izzy submitted his Illusions material years before they were worked on by the rest of the band. I think he just threw in the towel given how the band was falling apart.

Again, I don't completely condone Izzy's issues, but I understand where he's coming from. The thing we have to remember is he's the principal songwriter of the band -- it's bizarre to think that someone who wrote 50-60% of the songs has no stake in the band while the bassist for the band does. I love Duff, but come on...Izzy is the heart of the band. Him not being included goes against everything Duff and Slash have been saying for the past 15 years. In their VR interviews, they have pointed out many times how important Izzy was to the band and how his leaving the band was the beginning of the end. 

I guess money won out over their integrity.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Fair enough but going by Izzy's interviews from that time, it sounds like he felt he was forced out by Axl's antics and the rest of the band's wild drug abuse.

Let's not forget, Izzy submitted his Illusions material years before they were worked on by the rest of the band. I think he just threw in the towel given how the band was falling apart.

Again, I don't completely condone Izzy's issues, but I understand where he's coming from. The thing we have to remember is he's the principal songwriter of the band -- it's bizarre to think that someone who wrote 50-60% of the songs has no stake in the band while the bassist for the band does. I love Duff, but come on...Izzy is the heart of the band. Him not being included goes against everything Duff and Slash have been saying for the past 15 years. In their VR interviews, they have pointed out many times how important Izzy was to the band and how his leaving the band was the beginning of the end. 

I guess money won out over their integrity.

I agree fully, however I dont think their goal for this was to resurrect the old band, but start a new chapter. I want Izzy back in the band so bad, it sucks really hard that fortus didnt decide to follow suit with DJ and bumble and stinson to make place for Izzy, because it was obvious where this ship was heading. It appears like the plan was never to drop the remaining members for the old ones and do a nostalgia run, just replace the ones that quit by choice like Stinson, I dont think firing Fortus or Frank or anyone for that matter ever even crossed Axls mind. That chinese songs remain in the set is a very clear indication of Axls intentions behind the regrouping.

You have to keep in mind Axl lives a very insular lifestyle and he only trusts few people, 2 of them being his longtime members (and friends) Fortus and Frank. It's just a really fucked up situation for everyone Slash, Duff and Izzy. Slash and Duff for sure are not going to argue with Axl about this anytime soon, too much is on the table, and who knows how close they are to Izzy these days anyway.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Yeah, I actually love Izzy just as much as the big 3 and also like a lot of his solo work, but that doesn't mean one can't point out that his lyrics recently are crappy and musically the songs are only okay. Nice but nothing special. 

This doesn't make anyone a "big 3 fangirl" :facepalm:

• Like 2

I really look forward to songs by Izzy, I still haven't heard the Walk'n song cause Spotify is not working for me.

@downliner the youtube link you posted in the other thread is also not working for me, so if you or anyone could pm me the mp3 or some other link where I can hear these 2 songs then I will be really grateful.

I don't think it's fair to judge Melissa based on her looks. She should be judged on her contributions to new music.

People never gave Finck, Buckethead & Brain a shot because of how they looked. It wasn't "rock n roll" enough for most. They were subjected to a lot of abuse from fans and media. 

So what happened next? They left and were replaced by inferior musicians like bumble & poser cock rocker Ashba. 

So careful what you wish for. At least Melissa is likable. I don't see her ever quitting this band because she feels unpaid like the former Guns N' Roses lead towel waiver!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

“All the shows have been great that we’ve done so far,” Slash boasted about the tour.

Good to see Slash feels as positive as most of us about the shows. :heart:

“Yeah, everybody’s getting along,” although he admits that he his bandmates were skeptical at first. “We all were pretty positive that that would never happen,” he continued, “so it’s still sort of blowing our minds. It seems so surreal to me, but everybody’s really getting along great and I think everyone’s come a long way and it’s all cool.”

And then he continues with "Anyhow, so how do you like living in Austin?". Seems like someone really doesn't want to talk too much about that topic. :rofl-lol:

(I see our chances of ever hearing how exactly this reconciliation came about getting smaller and smaller :max:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I still think in the context of Guns N' Roses she is a fucking joke.. I'm sure she is a good kid and she is hot but that is about it.  She looks stupid bouncing around with her green hair looking like some raver chick from the Jetsons. Looks ridiculous next to a bunch of 50 plus year old men.  It is a very cheesy pop thing to have some one up onstage doing nothing but posing and jumping around while pretending to play music. There is still close to zero need for her as far as I am concerned. Maybe she has some good background vocals on a few songs but they could get by without that too. Or just have her come out those songs when they want her to sing.  

I don't disagree with your points, I've just given up on believing this band will be anything other than the caricature that it's become. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

"your presence on stage is just amazing" :facepalm:

dude...

Yeah well that was the only way I could make her retweet it and the main line was "Better than the old one" if you know what it means.

and well she is way better than pitman. Even though GNR never needed another keyboard player, but well this is what we got. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah well that was the only way I could make her retweet it and the main line was "Better than the old one" if you know what it means.

and well she is way better than pitman. Even though GNR never needed another keyboard player, but well this is what we got. 

lol so you kissed ass and lied just to make her rt you :lol:

good job? :lol:

yeah she's better than pitman but you must know pitman is shit so.

I think we shouldn't be inflating her ego with lies. Could create a monster we will regret having there later.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

I don't disagree with your points, I've just given up on believing this band will be anything other than the caricature that it's become. 

I don't think it's terrible but yea there are bigger issues than Teddy Zigzag, I mean Melissa.

#1 issue: Is this a complete corporate money grab to the point where Izzy was lowballed to maximize their earnings.

Or is there more to the picture? Locking themselves up in studio to work on the next GNR record, Nuguns ideas, VR ideas, Slash ideas and new stuff whatever. It would go a long way in legitimizing this whole thing. With or without Izzy. Izzy being involved in at least the writing would be epic of course. 

Or no new music in 2017 but an AFD30 with Izzy & Steven. Then new music late 2017/18

• Like 1