Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

ITtsucks that Axl is committing that much to AC/DC... Having rekindled the GnR, this venture is taking away all the spotlight of it... Focus on GnR Axl!! You've got Slash and Duff, even Izzy and Adler if you want to.. Time for a new album and conquering the fucking world with the tour! GUNS N' ROSES all the way!! That's where you belong!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Asia said:

Too bad and quite sad, actually. Tomorrow will soon be history. That reunion slowly turns into some kind of a poor joke...

NOOOO!!! JUST NOOOO!! FUCK... Regarding the ' Tomorrow will soon be history ' - hope this is not a one-off miracle.. GUNS N' ROSES must have their legacy sealed with the reformation of the iconic lineup... this isn't the way it ends.... I hope we're reading too much into these GnR twitter related quotes... I PRAY its just the beginning of new era for GnR!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Axl is probably only doing this to help out with AC/DC, if he had it his way he probably wouldn't do the interviews.. Angus probably asked if he could get involved with these interviews  as AC/DC always did some sort of media and Cliff Williams has been promoted as it was always Angus and Brian who did the promotion work and Angus isn't the best interviewee and unfortunately the average fan who only knows the hits  doesn't really care about Cliff. 

• Like 1

In an ideal world :-

Axl 'Hey Slash, I'm gonna go help out Angus for a month or two. I want you and Duff to get some ideas together before we tour - and we can work on them together on the road afterwards..'

24 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

In an ideal world :-

Axl 'Hey Slash, I'm gonna go help out Angus for a month or two. I want you and Duff to get some ideas together before we tour - and we can work on them together on the road afterwards..'

Yiss, yiss please 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

- Izzy's new passive-aggressive, conspiracy-fueling mystery posting or

- Slash's perpetual 13-year old boy state of mind which leads to an endless spam of naked women, skeletons, zombies and reptiles in various combiantions thereof or

I know I might, be the only one, but I happen to really like the above two things. Without passive-aggressive Izzy CSI:GnR would get boring pretty fast. Concerning Slash... I happen to like boobies. Never in my life have I seen a nice set of boobies, where I thought "Gee, I wish I hadn't just looked at those". =D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

I don't get it, will play with NuGNR, but not reunited lineup? Is he really that short on dosh that it's either extortion or nothing?

I think if he plays with the reunited lineup fans will cry out for something permanent, whereas with the previous lineup people knew he was only guesting, or hoped for things to lead to a reunited lineup with him permanently in it anyway.

Plus we're at an all or nothing point in the band's existence. There's no going back to a non-reunion lineup scenario because fans won't support that after the current lineup. So I guess they want to get it right and make sure everyone is on the same page before they settle on anything this time

2 hours ago, SSHGUNS said:

Axl is probably only doing this to help out with AC/DC, if he had it his way he probably wouldn't do the interviews.. Angus probably asked if he could get involved with these interviews  as AC/DC always did some sort of media and Cliff Williams has been promoted as it was always Angus and Brian who did the promotion work and Angus isn't the best interviewee and unfortunately the average fan who only knows the hits  doesn't really care about Cliff. 

Besides, being with AC/DC might teach him a thing or two about the environment in a normal, functioning Band. He already had a lesson about rehersals!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I just can't even deal with Izzy :lol::facepalm:  The guy's pratically been missing since 1991 and was nowhere to be found for decades and now he suddenly even has his own Twitter account.

And he uses it to be all ~mysterious~ and to post lots of crap full of hidden messages. Instead of you know, saying anything actually relevant or clearing a few things up...

I can't even decide what's worse:

- Izzy's new passive-aggressive, conspiracy-fueling mystery posting or

- Slash's perpetual 13-year old boy state of mind which leads to an endless spam of naked women, skeletons, zombies and reptiles in various combiantions thereof or

- Axl's social media absence (because calling it a 'social media presence' would be lying), only interrupted by sporadic rants about giraffes, obscure world political happenings and food

Social media sure gives us deeper insights into many people's psyches than anyone ever probably wanted to have, but I find it pretty hilarious :lol:

(And once again, it seems like Duff is the only sane one in the bunch ;))

lol, I totally agree.  I like your avatar too, I haven't seen that picture in a long time.  It was one of the stupidest "Metal Edge" photo shoots that GnR ever did!  lol

5 minutes ago, jpduff said:

The fuckin' chair

13138922_1107110935976781_7171941844912137920_n.jpg

kinda looks like a dentist's chair.  I hope he doesn't use it much.

16 minutes ago, jpduff said:

The fuckin' chair

13138922_1107110935976781_7171941844912137920_n.jpg

They should've made it look like an electric chair. Play something off Flick of the Switch, then at the end, Angus pulls a giant switch, and sparks n lightning & shit shoot out of it... Axl twitches & convulses like in Welcome to the Jungle video...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Think the conclusion here is that he's saying the "news" regarding why he isn't with GnR right now is just speculation. And basically that if you get caught up in it you're wasting your time... unfortunately that's what we do here... speculate, endlessly.

If he wants to clear the air, we'd all love to hear it. If he's not interested in being involved and he doesn't want false stories being created by MSL, and propagated by Alternativenation, or whoever! the best course of action is to come out and say "This is why I'm not there..." he doesn't need to go into massive detail or throw anyone under the bus, just enough info that people have the basic jist and can move on to speculating about someone or something else.

I think we have a basic idea of what's going on without him spelling it out though.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1