Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

33 minutes ago, downzy said:

For a while?  Does that mean he's holding out until eBay folds?

Better solution: sign items by including the name who owns them.  While not full proof, at least this way he's more likely signing stuff for actual fans.  

He's bitched about this before. On the day of the UCaP show in Detroit, he tweeted about being sick of the eBayers. I asked someone at the venue and they said people were hanging around The Fillmore all day with literally piles of AFD each, waiting for Axl to sign them so they could flip them.

Having said that, what you're saying it right. Personalizing along with signing one per person would fix it. 

• Like 4

Im not that keen on getting his autograph, I just want a picture with him, last time I waited for 3 hours and he was just about to come out, but the lame ass security kicked me out....

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He's bitched about this before. On the day of the UCaP show in Detroit, he tweeted about being sick of the eBayers. I asked someone at the venue and they said people were hanging around The Fillmore all day with literally piles of AFD each, waiting for Axl to sign them so they could flip them.

Having said that, what you're saying it right. Personalizing along with signing one per person would fix it. 

As a fan, I'd rather have it personalized - besides ensuring it's for a fan on his end, it means he gives a shit to know something about the fan he's interacting with.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Axl's right, too. I waited around after the Philly UCaP show (along with @The Real McCoy, @Tyler Drama, and others). There were probably 30 people there, half fans and half obvious dealers. Fans had photos and merch, and mostly wound up behind the dealers because they came while we were at the show. Axl did a good job of having Fernando kick as many of them out as possible before Axl even came out, and Axl was clearly trying to be selective, but I missed Richard and Frank entirely because the dealers boxed me out. I'm glad I waited, and my picture (big ups to Powerage, who I can't tag for some reason, for the photo) is among my favorite autographed items, but that aspect of it was super shitty.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I'll ask him to sign my arm.. I won't sell it!! :P

nex rant on the forthcoming tour: 15 minutes on ebay end ebayers :P 

ps. thanks for the translation of his tweet in current English :D 

But you could take a picture of your arm and sell the pic on ebay :P

Here I am, just waiting for the 24th hour to pass so I can like a bunch of comments on here. Not much else to be said, typical Axl and typical merch dealers. I doubt he's gonna agree to personalize every autograph, that's way too much writing for him to do in one day.

1 hour ago, Epson said:

"He just smashed the pen, we are outta here" *

Riot. ;)

hahahahaha too funny! :lol:

but on a serious note this really pisses me off. the *bleeping* a-holes just gotta screw things up and we, the true fans, end up paying for it. they need to be horse whipped! :max:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

Axl tweets a lot when he's confident and knows he's bringing the rasp.. Like in 2009/2010 and around the first few Axl/Dc shows.. I believe he has lost confidence as now his voice seems to have gotten much weaker. He stopped tweeted after about the third show, and that's when his voice started showing signs of weakness. Axl has lost confidence

Edited by Underhardy
  • Like 1

The autograph dealers and the ones who put up fakes on eBay really ruin it for everyone, IMHO. I've seen dealers show up at events with carts full of stuff they want the celebrity to sign, and get hostile and aggressive if they're told they can only have one thing. And the fakes harm everyone - I'm sure that most people don't want forged copies of their signature being used to screw over unsuspecting eBay buyers. I can understand why a celeb would stop signing, to try to prevent some of that. 

Having said that, I do hope he will continue taking photos with fans. That's something that can't be resold and a lot of fans really cherish those photos.

• Like 1