Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, downzy said:

I sort of agree.  While it's a nice keepsake in terms of a memory, it's really only one sided.  I enjoy pictures of family and friends because they mean something to me and I mean something to them.  I'm fairly sure that had I asked Axl to take a picture with me it wouldn't mean much to him, just another chore that I'm sure he's tired of doing.  And while it has been over six years since that experienced happened for me, I can swear to you that the memory has not faded one bit.  

Again, this is my personal opinion on the matter and I'm not judging those who see things differently.  It's a personal matter.  

For me, I look at someone like Axl Rose or anyone else I idolize as someone who has given plenty of colour and perhaps meaning to my life.  Getting a chance to say thank you and relate to them as a person is for me a more rewarding and profound experience.  It's a way of saying thank you without asking for anything in return.  It's a natural reaction as a fan to want to take as much as we can from artists we love.  In the rare event we get to meet that person, I think it's more advantageous to stop consuming them as an artist and relate to them as a person.  Again, to each their own.  

Yeah, it's definitely a personal matter, I think, and it's better not to judge.

I think it depends on the individual situation, too. I once met a celebrity I really liked in a social setting and had lunch with them (we had a mutual friend who was there too), and we spent the whole meal talking and joking. I wouldn't have even considered asking them for a photo, because I would have felt weird about it. I met another at a book signing and we only had about 30 seconds with them because they were moving us through the line so fast - no time for any sort of conversation. I barely had a chance to say "thank you so much, your book has meant a lot to me" before I was getting hustled along. The friend that I was with took a photo, and it meant a lot because the entire experience would have been a complete blur otherwise.

I don't think I would trust myself to act normal if I ever had the opportunity to met the original members. 

That not implying I would go all fan girl, it's just I would like to impart on them why I appreciate the music and why the ethos of the band was so important to me growing up. So I think my enthusiasm would come across as somewhat unstable, best to avoide the situation ?

His most recent tweet is showing me that he going back to his self-centered, grouchy, doesn't care about anyone else Axl phase that I can't stand. I stick up for the guy 24/7 to everyone that is negative, but you have to tell it how it is. Be positive man, you're worth 150 million. Taking a few minutes of your time to hang out with fans shouldn't hurt. We made you. Just PERSONALIZE the signatures from now on!

31 minutes ago, grogmug said:

His most recent tweet is showing me that he going back to his self-centered, grouchy, doesn't care about anyone else Axl phase that I can't stand. I stick up for the guy 24/7 to everyone that is negative, but you have to tell it how it is. Be positive man, you're worth 150 million. Taking a few minutes of your time to hang out with fans shouldn't hurt. We made you. Just PERSONALIZE the signatures from now on!

yeah, I kinda got that feeling too.

Besides, in a group of 20-30 fans waiting for him for long hours in the night, how many Ebayers could there really be?

My guess is that real fans outnumber whatever Ebayers. So it's not cool to do that just because of a minority.

But he's walked out of stage leaving thousands of people disappointed, just because one stupid guy in front row was provoking him.

I'm still gonna ask for an autograph if I ever see Axl one on one....

To Anthony

Cool Ranch Dressing.

WAR

I'd die a happy man.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

I am not really a fan of trying to  get a photo with celebs, i end up apologizing as i recently went up to Robert Carlyle at a football game (Soccer) and i just felt a bit like a douche as i end up apologizing for taking  a minute out of there life as he was with his family, lovely guy though! If i met Axl or Slash, I would definitely would want a photo but it would have to depend circumstance and how busy they are as i recently saw Frank in Vegas while walking about and he was with his Mrs so didn't want to interrupt him. 

10304702_10208161507498131_1681630863460300211_n.jpg

• Like 2

If Axl had severe social anxiety, then I would understand him not signing autographs for the real fans who by far outnumber the ebay sellers. I don't want an autograph, but I do realize how important it is for some fans who buy the albums/tickets and view Axl as a genius musician. 

1 hour ago, slash23579 said:

They look yummy! Hope if GNR goes to the UK, they make GNR biscuits too!:dance:

39 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl's looking good but she's looking better haha great pic

Lucky girl!

9 hours ago, SSHGUNS said:

I am not really a fan of trying to  get a photo with celebs, i end up apologizing as i recently went up to Robert Carlyle at a football game (Soccer) and i just felt a bit like a douche as i end up apologizing for taking  a minute out of there life as he was with his family, lovely guy though! If i met Axl or Slash, I would definitely would want a photo but it would have to depend circumstance and how busy they are as i recently saw Frank in Vegas while walking about and he was with his Mrs so didn't want to interrupt him. 

10304702_10208161507498131_1681630863460300211_n.jpg

God! I love Robert C. He's such a good actor! Cool he was at the AC/DC show!

4 hours ago, slash23579 said:

Good going Axl. Nice shout out to the Brits.

But beware of posting pics of carb laden food. Some of your admirers are not very forgiving of your belly and they are not going to forget those chocolate covered biscuits.